Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
There was much blue language in our lounge when the Mem heard this. She is as I speak mumbling and ranting about "why only women" what about all those big fat lard-a**ed fellas.
She has a point, I was surprised when I heard the presenter on the box mention this 'only women' as I am usually doing something more important I rarely stop to listen in detail to the news so maybe I missed something
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Lynn - Vices moi? I'll have you know that I am as pure and the driven slush!
On the subject of "M" - I don't know if it is still manufactured but there was years ago a product by Anton Berg which consisted of cherries or apricots soaked in Cognac, wrapped in marzipan and then dipped in dark chocolate. To my absolute shame I could cheerfully sit there and scoff them all night (or at least until the box was finished) - see - I have revealed a secret and terrible vice - please keep it to yourself! LOL !!!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 09:04 PM
LG, my mum buys those for her mate every year..damn expensive...lidl do a cheaper alternative which are just as nice...they also do rolls of flavoured marzipan coated in chocolate
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Marzipan yuk, can't stand it, never liked it, won't eat it
Luckily we've both decided that Xmas cakes aren't worth making and shop bought are too expensive so the M stuff doesn't show in this household anymore
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 09:15 PM
i don't know that i have ever had marzipan...don't like christmas cake so i wouldn't have had it then...might see if i can cadge a bit to see if i like it Lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
..might see if i can cadge a bit to see if i like it Lol
Well yes you ought to try it, why not, but from memory it is (to me) too sweet, and I think it's made from ground almonds which is a nut I'm also not keen on. Do let us know what you think.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Griff - you have to have a very sweet tooth to enjoy marzipan - if there is a Thorntons chocolate shop near you they do a small chocolate covered bar of it, good quality and reasonably cheap (under £1) - so if you don't like it you won't have lost much. Cannot stress too much the need to buy a good quality one - some of the catering stuff is just a blend of junk and sugar and tastes revolting.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 10:20 PM
We do have a Thornton's...will grab a bar next time I am passing, it is good to try new things.....well sometimes lol
Losos, if it is vile you will probably hear me wailing down your way lol
Dogs have decided to have a change...kota has got in deags crate so deags has had to go in hers, cheeky minx jumped in my bed!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Perhaps they're playing Musical Crates for when the Xmas party season starts. Ours don't have their own specific sleeping places they tend to all hang about together, the lurchers that is. Scout always sleeps apart from them during the day and at night sleeps at the side of my bed, whilst the others stay downstairs. Wasn't designed that way - it's just how it has worked out. Seems to suit them all.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Good night one and all (or none and all) as it seems at the moment.
Early night for me, see you all tomorrow.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >