View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 01:12 PM
The problem is I often sneeze my head off as well with allergic rhinitis so with losing that and my voice I find myself running down that hill....oo a song comes to mind trying to catch it. Have fed myself on a very good roast dinner with lots of veggies for vitamins so hopefully that will do the trick. Take care all. lg I do have something in the cauldron eye of newt and wing of bat doesn't quite go with a roast. lol!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2015, 01:26 PM
My sympathies abound here Brenda (ref the allergic rhinitis) for I must admit that I too am allergic to Rhinoceroses. The white ones aren't too bad but the black ones are the very devil to reason with!
Must admit though that your lunch sounds the very thing to set you up to fight the lurgies. Take care of yourself. G.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Girls walked and everywhere clean with deep beds, bones and raw carrots distributed, and glad to sit down.
On the tow path with Lona, Mabs and Zen and there's some walkers with Christmas hats coming up behind us, as soon as I got to where it widens out I pulled to the side to let them pass, 2 went past, then a group stopped and loved the girls, got to give it to Zen, she didn't jump up once, I did warn them she was a baby and unpredictable and they could end up wearing muddy paw marks, they were all in spotless 'walking' clothes. so they carried on walking, called the girls together and there's 3 stragglers coming up so waited, and Oh No, woman clinging to a younger one getting ready to have a tantrum because OMG there are DOGS on the towpath.
I said they won't hurt you, so immediately Lona and Zen started to walk towards them, called them back, but by then she was kicking off into a full scale demo. It infuriates me this, because I am sure it is attention getting, I just said you must expect to find dogs on walks like this, if you don't like it, get the bus. Dark looks from them and they went past me, woman all of a sudden not as 'scared' as she was, judging by the body language anyway.
Gave them 5 minutes and carried on to the tree where they have their leads on and home again along the road.
Zen is getting a bit flightly, so tried her with a gentle leader on, somehow she got it in her mouth and ate it, little so and so Have got another old one for her, I have them in stock for recalcitrant misses like her
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 02:08 PM
i feel for anyone who is scared of dogs... i really do, but so long as the dog isn't flying up to them trying to jump up, barking at them etc i think the way some carry on make the situation a whole lot worse, i am super paranoid with having staffs that my pair will be accused of all sorts, i don't let them go near another dog without asking if it is o.k and as soon as i see anyone they go back on their leads...don't want them labelled as devil dogs do i!
Brenda, i had a salt pipe when i was having problems with my sinus'...it was before i got diagnosed but it might be worth you looking at one of those, if you google it you can find info and one place is selling it for £19
LG, looking forward to hearing what is going on in saddleworth following your trip to the corn merchant
printed off some stuff for training on monday and the food for the cat and the dogs and cats choccy buttons have arrived, walk the dogs later and that is me done
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Griff, I think it was an act, was watching her body language and it didn't say what she was acting. Also managed to talk a postman away from his grasp of someone's front door when we went past. He eventually let go of the door, and came down the path and stroked Lona, then he was all over all of them. I am scared of spiders, so I wouldn't go where there was likely to be some, i.e. dogs and tow paths, walks in woods, country parks etc. Postman doesn't have a choice, but I reassured him and he listened and came out of his hiding place. No idea what people would be like if I had barky leapy dogs, but even Zen has got the message that Its NOT Done unless you want to be in Dire Disgrace, so I can be pretty confident that my girls are good doggy ambassadors when the need arises, just as your girls are for staffies.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Lol, that image of the postman has me thinking of dennis the menace and gnasher now. I do think a lot of people do it for attention seeking, my mates partner is supposedly scared of dogs, she passed that on to both of her children, the lad wasn't bothered eventually but the daughter used to throw a hissy fit.... the last time i spoke to them they were on about getting a dog??? go figure! Luckily i am not scared of anything...well not that i can think of
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Tree done and one cake nearly cooked won't have time for a second today maybe Monday.
I knocked my Bernese ornaments off the shelf and one now has 3 broken legs and I also dropped a really old glass bauble that use to be on the tree when I was little. So its at least 50 years old and smashed to smithereens and in the bin.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 02:35 PM
oh no Lynn, i am sorry
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Don't ya just love em when they come towards you with flexi lead at full length when you are walking towards them with yours under control. You can guess what has just happened with my walk just now. The dog on flexi appeared before owner. Oh well watching a film now called the nutcracker. Ttfn.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 03:13 PM
ooooo after the other week i hate hate hate flexis with a passion!!! you know i said the other dog had ripped kotas coat but she was unhurt except for a lump? yesterday i felt something in her fur and thought what on earth has the dirty girl rolled in now....it is a dirty great scab about an inch in length right where the lump was, lucky i did clean the area then...won't listen to my dad again when he says she is fine!
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »