Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 06:52 AM

Daily Thread (Friday)

Good morning all. very dark again this morning. Too dark to walk Amber yet. Hope everyone is ok, haven't had a chance to read back on D.A.D. yet will go and do that now before taking Amber out.

Have a good day everyone, take care, stay dry and warm and above all safe and well.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 07:01 AM
Happy day all.....Just been looking at met ie and the weather forum. Huge uncertainty re the weekend again and they are not sure where the deluge is going to dump...MAY just miss Kerry.. We shall see.. Very calm and still and chilly here. Like when you know something bad is coming.... Everyone fed and settled so the day ahead is quiet, finishing various hats etc in faith and hope. All will go into next year's stock but such a disappointment. Every weekend has been like this; I drove through Storm Clodagh fine but deep water is another matter... Did well with the shopping but forgot toilet paper... ah well, I was on newspaper squares tied together with string for years then that hard paper so we will cope. I was hankering after Baileys Irish Cream but at E12....google showed me recipes at half the price and I have whiskey in stock for the marmalade so after this weekend.... looking forward to decorating the house and the luxury of it all.. Yes Great Blasket is all but uninhabited; they evacuated after a man died when they could not get him off with appendicitis. Had been going downhill for years.. the Blasket Centre is an amazing place; took visitors there this summer. The alternative of course is for US to go there! Leave the country for the criminals....OR; there is an activity centre in deepest Kerry..I drove that way once and never will again and I love bleak places... miles and miles of desolate bogland.. perfect! ah well.....
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 07:03 AM
That's it I have lost my voice now so will stay indoors and try to find it. Morning to all. Hope you are all keeping away from the lurgies. Bfn.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
That's it I have lost my voice now so will stay indoors and try to find it. Morning to all. Hope you are all keeping away from the lurgies. Bfn.
Wise lady and so sorry.. honey is a great soother. I had to give up even attending Mass this year as I now have no working immune system. Went to the First Communion Mass for my landlord;s youngest and was weeks abed. He was a little upset when I had to say no re the next child's same function. so far this year am safe... Just rest Brenda and let your body heal. itself.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 08:00 AM
DRAT! ( words I would like to use are unprintable and would get me banned!!!!) orange alert weather warning just gone up on met ie and the deluges are going to hit us here tonight and tomorrow. Hope the front would move further up north but no.... The way the land is flooding is certain so getting to Dingle may way well be out.. Should think about an amphibian// DRAT!!!!! off to fill hwbs and don fleeces and get warm a while....Back later... stay safe...
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Good morning Moyra Roesbud Brenda &call to come
Not ventured out yet either Moyra still dark & wet woke at 4am with the noise take care walking Amber
Rosebud weekend weather not looking good hope you don't get a deluge
Brenda hope you regain your voice soon
Indoor day I think unless there's a break to get the woofers out otherwise same old same old
Friend round last night with the lots I'd bid on in the charity silent auction ,books ,nice lamp ,and 2 pictures (only wanted them for the frames )
Hope everyone else is hail & hearty this morning ,if not a good squirt of WD40 should ease the aches and pains lol
Take care stay safe xxxx
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 09:07 AM
I just hope it comes back by tomorrow as it is the last one of dog training and it should be fun. Have a good day all. Off to do nothing. Have taken Tyto out though and fortunately he goes by hand signals if I have lost my voice. Bless him. Hope all other poorlies are getting better and others that aren't poorly stay well.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Morning all.
Oh Brenda, so sorry you have lost your voice hope you find it again soon
Oh dear Rosebud I hope the deluges don't bring the snow that is forecast for so many.

We have had a bad night. For some reason Pepsi was poorly, I've given up wondering what brings it on.
We were up twice for her to poo and once because she was sick. I suppose we are lucky she wakes us even though she didn't quite manage to get outside when she was sick.
She has gone for her walk as happy as Larry now so hopefully it's passed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2015, 10:36 AM
Did a post and it disappeared, have now calmed down and will start again
Cold and dry here, forecast has updated to say no rain today, which is great news. Girls can have a decent walk. Tomorrow is going to be horrendous, Josie and her mummy are on their way down tomorrow from quite far North, hoping they stay safe, think they are in Manchester for a couple of days and they are calling in to see me on their way to stay at friends.
Got weekly shop to do, freezer still defrosting itself in the middle of the kitchen and I have a mop and bucket next to it. Although the old tiles are faded and worn, they are totally non slip which is a relief after my recent experiences. Better have a hoover round I think if I've got visitors, Alun is back in on Monday, then that is it until well after Christmas and I have had a saving up session to finish everywhere off, so that roll of kitchen flooring will spend the Festive Season laid diagonally, across the living room floor and I doubt there will be room for my lovely tree
Brenda, have you looked in the airing cupboard, if your voice has caught cold it may be in there keeping warm
Nippy, poor Pepsi, glad to hear she has sprung back into her normal self and has taken Brian out for a walk,it is strange it happens with no apparent trigger
Norma, love to the baby, they grow up far too soon and you miss their antics (thats what I keep telling myself anyway) Zen is talking about a play date, told her its too far to go, so she's looking at helicopter hire, her pocket money won't cover it......dream on
Eileen, with The Prezzie being airlifted, do I need a big front garden for The Landing, only its a tiny little pocket handkerchief size, and I'm worried I'll miss it
Moyra, keep warm in that cold house of yours and have a lovely day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Oh no Brenda...dog training with no voice!!!!! lets hope they are good a chirades Lol, seriously hope it comes back quickly
Morning moyra, hope you had a good walk with Amber
Norma, thankyou for your message this morning...very kind of you
Nippy, awww poor Pepsi...and poor you and Brian
Lol@LG in a caravan... i can't wait for his tales from wales!!!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »