register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2015, 04:38 PM
If you're Very Very Good and eat your greens, I may tell you The Story of Christmas Eve. Apparently Jeff regailed the local pub with that one, he said to me he couldn't believe how quick I went over that wall I am now Legend so barmy behaviour is not only expected of me, its regarded as a right
Lynn, the elbows are scored 0-3 and in most breeds (if not all) a zero is the only score where you can breed, although of course there are always people out there who don't care.
Dillons breeder will be upset, no doubt about it, she has done everything to ensure this doesn't happen, but like the vet says it can rise its ugly head from way back when no one was scored so no one knew if their dogs were sufferers or not, and people kept it quiet. So glad that responsible people are having these tests done, there is always a chance that you'll get a throw back in every litter, and its a risk you have to take unfortunately, having done everything possible, its all in the hands of fate when all said and done. You're responsible owners, and you've done everything posssible, proper nutrition and exercise levels.
The more people health test their dogs and research so they understand what the results are telling them and use those results to influence their breeding, the less chance there is, as time goes on, of dyspalasia appearing in their progeny.Also your puppy owners need to be educated to understand why they need to health test and research and to be prepared that their dog may not be able to be bred from when they have spent many hundreds of pounds doing these tests. The more people understand about this and carry it out to the letter, then it will one day be unusual for this to happen. I am willing to bet though that this could well be a first for Dillon's breeder, as I remember you saying her line was long lived, so that does indicate to me that she is on top of the situation healthwise.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 04:38 PM
You're mad, absolutely bonkers LG, but that is what makes us love you!

Lynn, well some good some bad news but could be worse I guess. Lets hope with good management he will have lots of lovely years to reward you with!

June, glad you survived and the girlys enjoyed their walks.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
"Roll Up!" "Roll Up!" get your entertaining videos from Gord's Online Video Store. Be prepared for the fortcoming long winter nights when fireside entertainment will be the order of the day!
Special offer - One week only! Fresh from Lancashire Folk Film-makers! Starring alongside a fabulous cast of Norties that renowned local acrobat and rock climber features in the latest episode of "Bolton Brick Balancing Bonanza" this mini-length feature is good clean fun for all the family if you disregard the bad language when she teeters perilously close to death and disaster atop the wall!
Supporting cast :- many bemused locals.
Filmed on location in the Costa del Bolton.
Buy now whilst stocks last!
As long as there is no black pudding involved I might come
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Black pudding is the Food Of The Gods Meg
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2015, 04:47 PM
I will take one please.
I have 3 lots of black pudding in my fridge. Yuk but youngest son loves it and I expect Maca does too and they were selling 3 for £2. Lets hope its good.

If you are a member of the breed club June you have to breed by the rules if not you get found out and have to be answerable to the club. But of course there are some out there even in the BMD who breed for a quick buck with no worry of the consequence of not health testing.
We know the same as we did with Ollie we did our research reared him according to the guide so what will be will be we move on and enjoy him and fingers crossed he has a good few years yet by the time he would start slowing down anyway is when the vets reckon he will be ready for the garden only. We will do with Dillon as we did with Ollie let him dictate. He does anyway and always has done.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Good news really Lynn regarding Dillon at least you know what to do when it is needed and hopefully he will lead a virtually normal life in between bouts of his lameness for many years to come. He may be wonky but he is your wonderful wonky dog and I know you both love him dearly.

June only you can manage to have such adventures on a walk. At lest you haven't hurt yourself and the girls have had a wonderful time on the river.

That looks very handy Griff but like you I am always balancing on a chair to reach high things

Good evening Gordon hope you have achieved everything you wanted today and enjoy your weekend.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Moyra - I'm only like this when Matron hides my tablets - Honest!
Meg - You talk of the hallowed black pudding as if it were optional. No such thing for Ooop 'ere in t'North we are reared on it. Even as whelps we are fed gratuitously large amounts of this delightful concoction. Strengthens the constitution and makes for robust good health in later life - should you require proof of this you need look no further than our very own TW - there she is at 94 years of age not only balancing on single brick walls - but being filmed whilst doing it. Doubtless to the cheers and approbation of her peers.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Hi
LG,you are no where near wise
LYNN((hugs)) sure you're glad today's visit is over.I know it's not exactly great news but Dillion is in the best hands with you guys Bless him for being so good xx
TW I just read "climbing" What are you like Woman!!
MOYRA,thankyou mum's appointment has been changed till Tuesday.I know she's secretly worried but keeping everything crossed that the doc just wants to go over a few things and its nothing serious.Its the not knowing sometimes that's the worst,we'll get there xx
So warm today,not sunny,just really humid
GRIFF,love the hop on You could do step ups in that or sit ups...you'll have a tummy like a wash board
Had visitors all day,so that means lots of yummies and gallons of coffee,feel like a piggy now
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Good evening Sue, yes, thank you. All is safely gathered in and livestock secured for the night. I am looking forward to the weekend immensely it's always good to catch up with folk.
Hope Barry is on the improve, now he is restored to your care. Such a thing can knock you back a bit when you are used to previously "trouble free motoring!" so to speak. Modern surgery I find is truly impressive, all that keyhole stuff - verging on the magical.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Wonder can they do keyhole brain surgery LG? Think you might benefit from a little of that..or a lot maybe
SUE,thinking of you and Barry,hope everything is ok xx
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »