register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Been thinking of you all morning Lynn, hoping all is going well for you and Dillon over there.
Got everything organised for the Girls Outing, am doing stuff sneakily so they won't cotton on. Have sneaked a new ball in each of my coat pockets, leads are all in a bucket in the utility so they don't make a noise and alert them (did that last night) Can't find Cariad's collar anywhere, but I have got a spare in it for her. Old sheets on the carpet, car is sorted, just got a couple of old curtains to put in the back of it now and I'm done. Having a late brekkie as I slept in a bit, due to reading late in the night, so when I did finally wake I thought it better to get the jobs done rather than get my breakfast.
Hoping the river isn't too high due to the recent rain, need it high enough to keep people away because I can climb round the fence if the waters high. But girls need a good rampage. Then I will take Mabs and Keshi back, Cariad and Lona will go out. Zenith will be baby sat by whoever is in, then she will get her 10 minutes in the garden with me and her lunch once everyone's back home.
Er...what exactly will you be using your Prezzie for Griff, nothing death defying I hope
Moyra, thanks for that with the review, I wonder when someone from Halfords will read it and the penny will drop.
Still nothing from the Customer Non-Service
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 10:50 AM
have a lovely walk TW, do be careful though won't you?? the girls are going to go bonkers Lol...need to get my 2 out today, will deffo be taking the boomer ball with me, they behave better after doing their nuts at that
I will be doing nothing death defying....... well not intentionally i have cleaned the outside of my window and cut off the no more big gaps from where i blocked up the wasps nest in the porch roof...really really pleased with it, it has a little step at the side so you don't have to lift your leg for miles which is great for me as mine often refuse to co-operate it will help me doing lots of silly little jobs like taking the filters out of the extractor, getting stuff off the top of my wardrobe, silly little things that i usually try and do with something completely inappropriate
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Busy bees out there! I always find I want to clean and sort in the late summer months, kind of pre hibernation nesting! Just collapsed into bed with food and coffee after a kitchen stint... a batch of Three Fruit Marmalade ( I make batches of the individual ones early in the year so it is blending etc) but the scrubbing of jars etc,,, ay me! While it was bubbling I did something have been itching to do for weeks; emptied and sorted, cleaned and lined the bottom food cupboards.. Designed by a stoopid man as only half are accessible without crawling in....even with crawling in! So all the manky odd crockery that always comes with a rental is pushed to the back! Only keep tins and jars in there lest a mouse decide on coming in.. all the tins are whole and safe so all is well. Great sense of accomplishment.. Heard of folk throwing out good tins because the date is past! Have had in the past tins that were years old and fine.. so all there is grand and the cloths and towels soaking in bleach and boiling water.. Then had a shower as I always feel sticky after jamming.. would have loved to do more but no strength... ah well!! Still a couple of pan cupboards to do but am well on the way..
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning

Come on Griff what have you got you can't keep it to yourself we need to know

Hope you a feeling better today Nippy and the knee is less swollen.

Thinking of Dillon and hope the outcome is a good one. Have a safe journey.

Pull up the drawbridge and batten down the hatches Rosebud and ride out the coming storm

One day Brenda you'll get your wish.

Hope the aches aren't too bad today Morya and that you back survived the work yesterday June.

Lovely and sunny here. Gettable walked, washing out and more runner beans picked, blanched and now in the freezer.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Don t laugh too hard; I have THREE runner bean pods! About 2 inches long and curly! But kale I have in abundance and I think will have red cabbages too...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning all.
Rosebud, if I lived alone I would think about an alarm but as I still have hubby who can summon help we manage. I also have my mobile phone on a lanyard when he is not here.
Lynn, good luck today and hugs to Dillon. I'm sure he will be fine. I will be thinking of you and waiting for your update xx
Morning Moyra, no it's not my ears it's a nerve prob, the result of intensive radiotherapy. The cancer left me with many problems but I console myself by saying I am at least still here to tell the tale.
Morning Griff, do you know what the prezzie is?
Morning Brenda, I love my bungalow, not sure how I would manage if I was still in a house.

Raining here again Shopping to do and then the final getting ready for our visitors tomorrow.
Ah that is grand then! Here I have no resource except faith! When the satellite dish blew off course and the tree got blown across the lane I knew that within three days family would raise the alarm as I am in touch every day and sure enough.. Love my stairs here even though sometimes am on hands and knees going up. They keep me working..
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Griff I am taking them in two's in the car over the road to the river, reverse through the gateway to the waterboard land, open the doors...and release the Wolves!!! Keshi will stay on a long line in case there are people of a nervous disposition with little yappy dogs around, once I've made sure that the coast is clear when we are actually on the river, then Kesh will go off, got to hope she doesn't jerk me, but bless her I think she will, its been a lot longer than anticipated since they were out, she is the only that will be totally bonkers, the others will be fine, excited, but not bonkers!!!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning all, still struggling with my aches and pains but what's new?

Nippy Jen, Jenny so sorry to hear you have had another fall. I do hope that knee swelling goes down soon. Have you considered it may be your ears giving this imbalance problem? I hope you can get some help.

Lynn, Good luck with Dillon today, I hope all goes well.

June, hope your back holds up after resurrecting the old guard in your vehicle. I went to Halford's site and pressed the yes button for was this review helpful. If our other members do that then they will get a good slapping! Enjoy getting the dogs out today if that is your intention.

Eileen, please give your mum a hug from me too, hope all goes well.

Sue, I hope Barry is ok after his op and all has gone well. Fingers crossed for him and you both.

Mandy congrats to Lauryn on her results especially after such a hard year, the girl did well.

Griff, no badger hair cuts for you just do your usual colour flash to suit. I hope you are feeling better.

Rose, glad sweetpea as settled in and no you definitely do not want the feral sticking his oar in where he shouldn't paddle! Stay strong.

LG, glad you got your tooth sorted and are now in fine fettle again.

Brenda, hope all is well in your camp, haven't seen you post or if you have then forgive me for missing it.

Haven't seen Norma in a long time and so many others are missing too.

Have a good day everyone and if I have overlooked someone then please forgive me it is the sign of oncoming dementia! Yes, Afraid so! God bless.
lol.. new way of putting it !!!!!!! Sweetpea is very quiet today. Watching the milk situation with her of course but she is eating fine so OK. They say it takes a couple of weeks to disappear.. Have to find out how much it is going to cost to spay her too ..gulp!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
it's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mum got me a hop up Lol i have been struggling for ages to do stuff, balancing on a chair etc so she has go me my very own gadget
http://www.screwfix.com/p/hop-up-wor...luminium/44555
no more struggling to climb on a chair and i won't likely over balance either, it isn't a massive tall work platform but will make things a lot easier for me
Nippy, i think i will deffo be rolling you up in bubble wrap!!
Brenda, hope you get your bungalow one day
Sue, i do hope the patient is behaving himself
Tried to get that site up and my anti virus went ape..
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Good day all! Just popped in for lunch, hope everything is alright with Dillon and that the Norties haven't taken June waterskiing down the Irwell (summons up quite an imaginary picture,that)lol! Griff - looks like a sturdy and durable piece of kit - should come in handy for allsorts.
Rosebud as far as having no resource except faith, hope you're never ina position to need to rely on that entirely - I'm no theologian but you can't eat faith - neither will it set broken bones. If faith is all that was needed - why would you spend every waking hour making and selling things for charity. Surely prayer would be just as good and you might get round to allowing yourself the luxury of a little rest etc. Don't get me wrong - not knocking what you do - it's your own life and choice, doubtless you enjoy it and it gives you a certain raison d'etre. Didn't put this in to upset or offend - I support charities - and believe in a higher power, just look to yourself a little more. Apart from anything else you'll be able to stick around a lot longer - so enabling yourself to continue with your "good works".
Bye fer now.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Good day all! Just popped in for lunch, hope everything is alright with Dillon and that the Norties haven't taken June waterskiing down the Irwell (summons up quite an imaginary picture,that)lol! Griff - looks like a sturdy and durable piece of kit - should come in handy for allsorts.
Rosebud as far as having no resource except faith, hope you're never ina position to need to rely on that entirely - I'm no theologian but you can't eat faith - neither will it set broken bones. If faith is all that was needed - why would you spend every waking hour making and selling things for charity. Surely prayer would be just as good and you might get round to allowing yourself the luxury of a little rest etc. Don't get me wrong - not knocking what you do - it's your own life and choice, doubtless you enjoy it and it gives you a certain raison d'etre. Didn't put this in to upset or offend - I support charities - and believe in a higher power, just look to yourself a little more. Apart from anything else you'll be able to stick around a lot longer - so enabling yourself to continue with your "good works".
Bye fer now.
LG SHUT UP please! You know not of what you speak, I feel very sorry for you! I really do and what you write is so boring! Sigh! Yawwwwwnnnnnnn!!!!! roflol!! Back to the kitchen!!!!! Poor LG!
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »