View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2014, 06:06 PM
I no when my boiler was broken it was the heat exchanger . The flow switch had got stuck and there was no water pressure . Cost as much as getting a new one so council did that. What boiler u got a baxi ?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2014, 06:10 PM
I would have more than a headache I think Lynn. What a pain.

Yes Griff Dawlish railway station has been shut again today due to high seas and strong winds topping the sea walls. I also hear that the Somerset Levels are flooded again, the moral surely is do not build on flood plains.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Its an oil boiler vortex 36 external. Have someone coming round in a bit with a big torch to take a look and see if he can get it going and see what bits it might need and maybe fingers crossed have them by Monday to fix it properly.
If this all goes wrong I give up and am leaving this place. (I wish).
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Just looked in to see how you are doing Lynn. Not good news at all, I am sorry. Hang in there, although I know it's not brilliant.

I remember my heating went down at around new year some years back. I was f-f-freezing for a few days.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Hanging on by my finger tips Linda. Will update when this chap has left. Beginning to think I am going down the right route for 2nd opinions.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Aw noooo and your boiler chappie sounded the business, but whoever does it lets hope its very very soon and it lasts for some length of time. Bad news about Dawlish, they've only just finished rebuilding it from last time. We've had some rain but its stopped now. Girlies had chicken and tripe for tea with veg, cottage cheese and yogurt, banana each for afters. Mabs IS hungry, I think I'll get some wormer on order and start her worming programme, should have started on Day 40 but no idea what flaming day she'll be on, could be even 7 weeks preggers for all I know she is one very very Dark Horse this little lady and likes me on my toes I think, last time was bad enough when she went into labour within an hour and delivered them 6 days early, but she's obviously got even better plans for my nerves this time
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Paul O'Grady is about to start For the love of dogs any minute now!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Hello everyone boiler chap turned up around 7pm finished at 9pm . My word I have been taken for a mug and ripped off.
The valves he replaced were broken we did not need the hose and he capped off a pipe he shouldn't of done. The chap tonight was trying to drain it and couldn't and the pressure was building I had always been suspicious of the other guy capping it off and I said about it and he nearly had a fit. It is now uncapped.
It was the circuit board. It is running and he will come back Monday to finish the other jobs which are smaller and will be ok over the weekend.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Lynn, that is dreadful, the guy sounded as though he was so genuine, thank goodness you are in safe hands (I hope) now and it gets sorted quickly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2014, 09:57 PM
I know how wrong can you be. I was lucky it didn't build up pressure split some tank which would of cause the pipes inside the house to burst, this chap said it needs reporting really.
Funny thing is he lives a few doors down form where this guy does and he says his van is always outside his house.
Funny that because I kept getting am really busy today been up in London all week I can spare some time next week.
I was getting suspicious and am very glad I went for the second opinion.
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »