View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Hello all, and everything that I was going to say has to take second place.......poor little Asbo cat, and my heart goes out to you Bev, but please don't talk of being a curse on animals because you have just had rotten rotten luck. Your dogs and cat could not have wished for a more loving home.

Nippy, I hope that the food fairy produces some delicacies for you to nibble on as you appear to be regaining a smidgeon of appetite. Brian snoring made me smile somewhat wryly because his lordship kept me awake half of last night with his enigma variations Normally I would prod him sharply, but because he was driving some distance today I just suffered in comparative silence.

*stares at Eileen's retreating back in astonishment, then proceeds to sing to Mandy in hauntingly sweet tones......

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to youuuuuu
Happy bIRTHDAY dear Mandykins
Happy birthday to you

*waves to H, Jenny, Lynn, DD, et al

I can still taste the air outside and we have had wall to wall grey with not even a hint of sun; now it's gently raining and the window sills are once again covered in grot. Still it will be gone tomorrow if the forecast is right.

After a long walk with the Jimster this morning, where he met two new prospective girlfriends and flirted shamelessly with them, I knuckled down to some serious housework. It's funny, but when his lordship is out then I manage to get so much done

*lugs in trays of nibbles - smoked salmon; tiny yorkshire puddings with rare beef and horseradish; miniature sausages; Thai prawn blinis, etc. etc., then looks around for magic bottle.

I KNOW that I left it on the side last night
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Bev I am so desperately sorry to hear about Lyla. You said yourself that she had a death wish as she did such dangerous things . You must be devastated and I'm sure many of us here share your grief ((hugs)). Unfortunately cats are very independent creatures and one has no control as to where they wander. RIP Lyla . We'll all miss hearing about her adventures.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-04-2014, 05:55 PM
I seem to remember someone leaving with the bottle last night
Nibbles look good, not had my tea yet the minute I've eaten I'll be right back for them
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Hi Sally .... you've put me to shame with all your housework. Is this in aid of your grandson coming because I'm sure he won't notice

I'm off to cook a meal but will pop back in later to raise a glass to Mandy.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2014, 05:59 PM
No Jenny, it has nothing to do with grandsproglet but I just love getting the place clean without it feeling like I am painting the Forth Bridge. Usually, I do the kitchen then head for the bathrooms whilst his lordship mucks up the kitchen again - then as I tackle another room, he somehow manages to use both bathrooms You get the picture?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2014, 06:00 PM
*ahem...roots bottle out from behind the lamp* Sorry, put it somewhere safe.

*goes off to hunt down something to stop up her gut*
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I seem to remember someone leaving with the bottle last night
Nibbles look good, not had my tea yet the minute I've eaten I'll be right back for them
Hello TW - just who is it hat has purloined the magic bottle then It needs very careful maintenance you know
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
*ahem...roots bottle out from behind the lamp* Sorry, put it somewhere safe.

*goes off to hunt down something to stop up her gut*
Aha, the culprit

I hope that you are successful Lore in your quest for a stopper upper.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Those 'hauntingly sweet tones' would they be responsible for the thunderstorm
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Yep I think my appetite is coming back, unfortunately!
I have had some chicken soup and some strawberries. Mustn't go overboard!
The funny thing is all I can smell is egg and bacon and Brian who hasn't smoked for 15 years can smell tobacco smoke what is going on?
Page 7 of 19 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »