View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Not too bad thank you Eileen she starts her next lot of chemo soon so is now getting a bit tetchy as she is worried. Which is fair enough.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 11:57 AM
all....

Sorry to see how many poorlies and under the weathers we have, hope the teefs soon feel better, well not the teefs but the spaces where they were, wonder what you popped back then TW bet you so happy to be a little less painful now, just go steady on that housework thing Hope the walks with various dogs went well. Praying for Lyla to return safe and well. One of the reasons I have a cat run and summer house for my cats, worries me too much when they are away. Hi to anyone I have missed, there will be some..... I did start this quite a bit earlier, but little sis came for morning cuppa and as I hadn't seen her for almost a week, took longer to catch up....

Well what a time I am having here......stuff just keeps going pete tong .....But I will survive......well maybe.... one of the hens has sour crop, but I have been dosing her with some jollap, nat yogurt, bit of bicarb, all mixed up with turmeric, coconut oil and just a sprinkle of pepper, and she came out the coop a very happy girl this morning one of the flippin phone handsets is on the blink, just as well I have another one and the directional wheel fell off the hover..... think I may put my head in the oven.....but it is electric

The bully cockerels are off tomorrow, so they will make a nice sunday dinner, I am keeping one who isn't a bully, he is one of Dinozo's babies, so I may get some hens for him and do a separate run for them. Will see how they go.

The sun is trying to come out, so after I bang the hover round the bedrooms and bathroom, I might take a couple of the dogs out, Kacie isn't right still, so she will have to stay home and get mardy....bless her, will leave her with someone behind, so short straws will have to be drawn.

I will try to nip in later xxxx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Not too bad thank you Eileen she starts her next lot of chemo soon so is now getting a bit tetchy as she is worried. Which is fair enough.
Bless her.Human nature I guess to have a moan about trivial things but we should really count our blessings.People having to cope with real problems,like Gill.The rest of us,don't know we're living!
Have everything crossed for her xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 12:00 PM
ELAINE...two words....SPA BREAK!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Afternoon Elaine glad to hear the the hen has picked up. Sorry to hear more things are going wrong. Its got to get better soon.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
ELAINE...two words....SPA BREAK!!
When are we going......xx

You would think so Lynn...all I can say is Cake.....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Afternoon all

Glad to see everyone popping in, but sorry to hear Sally is going to be busy on her website, but that won't last long I'm sure, she'll soon get bored with that and return with magic bottle in hand.

I'm missing Jenny too

Went down to the beach for 7.30 and it was glorious, and I had the whole place to myself almost apart from one black lab who was running in and out of the water having a great time and didn't bother with us at all. LOL at Zena though, she went and laid down in her big rock pool as she usually does, and I then threw the ball over the other side of it on the sand, and when she raced back to me, she decided to zoom through this big pool, and all of a sudden it dipped, and so did she, she almost disappeared on me and was none too impressed with that, but I laughed my socks off I then decided to walk out to the sea so that she could go in and out of the waves where it was safer, but it was a long way out.

Got home and went to Asda, cos I bought one of their new comfort bra's (look away Gordon, this bit is boring ). They're not like a bra, they're more like those soft padded innerds you get in some of the vests, so you don't really know you've got it on. I hate bras with a passion, and I only wear one if I absolutely have to, like a visit to the osteopath cos otherwise it could be a bit embarrassing for him if I don't I don't wear one day to day, I put a t-shirt vest on under a t-shirt so nothing sticks through. Anyway, these bra's are fantastic, only £6, and some lovely colours, so I bought myself 6 of them in the pink, turquoise, black, white and something else, can't remember.

Then I went on to the garden centre for the turf and thankfully, it had come in yesterday but was already had gone, so I'm glad I did that. I had a very nice yung man help me with it, and I went and reversed the car back for him which he much appreciated. I got 6 more strips, so that's 16 in all I've used and it hasn't made much of an impression on the lawn at all really, but the other small patches will soon grass over I'm sure.

Blimey, what a struggle to get it up the back though TEN long steps up around the side from the driveway, and then carrying each one up the garden steps, let alone 3 bags of grass soil! I had to do so many trips cos I couldn't lug more than 2 up in any one go and only one bag of soil each time. Typical Zena, everytime I emptied a bag of soil onto the grass, there she was, leaping around in it with that ball! She got told off and told to go and lie down until I'd put my green carpet on top She was soo good for me though, I decided I wasn't quite kn*ckered enough, and I then took her for a short walk in the woods. So all done now, new turf, Zena walked twice, roast chicken for lunch which was cooking itself whilst I was otherwise engaged, and now I need a lie down, a long lie down.

Moyra, I know what you're going through there ((((hugs)))) you'll soon be all better.

June, glad to hear your rib is still improving after that last fall, how strange though. Yes, I'm definitely hogging all the sunshine today cos I was sweating in just a vest out there doing the turf it's the hottest day yet, just like a mid-summer's day here. Probably spoke too soon there.

Lynne, My mum used to have those cortisone injections in her shoulder like Eileen, and you can only have 2 a year but boy did they work she said. She never seemed to bad after them though, so if hubby is expecting you to be running around after him saying it hurts, then he's milking it lol!

Eileen, sorry you haven't got this sunshine and you are wise to get the pool in now before they're all gone. I wish Dave would dig me a proper pool for Zena, she's only got the big, plastic sandpit from Argos and although she can scrabble away in it, I'd love her to be able to have a proper dunk. I saw some huge, round, hard plastic black tub things at the garden centre last week, but they were £110 and I worried that the sides were too steep, she might not jump in them. Having said that, look at her here when she was a puppy with her very first pool

Gordon, don't worry, it wasn't something you said last night Not even anything I said come to that, (I hope!) We'll maybe have to think about putting on a special event to attract them all back, if Sally's busy on some pole dancing website like Eileen thinks, then maybe that's our answer?

Jen, hope you're better today and Brian.

Jenny, missing you already

It's like a summer's day here, I'm getting quite hot sitting here even with all the patio's wide open. Zena's zonked out on the front terrace and guard duty and thankfully, the postman came lunchtime, so there'll be nobody left to bark at out there, unless I get an intruder of course, but that's highly unlikely with her on guard.

Catch you all later, have a lovely afternoon enjoying the sunshine.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 12:18 PM
loving the sound of those bra's...£6...bargain!!Best one's I ever bought where from a shopping channel(QVC I think )must check out those Asda one's at the weekend
Bra-less is the best,you're just right HELENA
In the garden center the other day they had massive lumo green and pink tubs..had a head stagger when he said they were £90 each Plastic!! Are you kidding me Would look really stupid in my garden too
ELAINE,any day suits me for a spa,long time since I've been somewhere special for a pamper apart from my bathroom
Will have a look out for a pool for ZENA...think you asked about B&M the other day Don't you have one of them? OMG,HELENA,you'd have a ball in there
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Elaine cake soon very soon.
Helena glad you got the soil sorted. Blast you have eaten the chicken before I managed to get there.
Well I have swept the dirt into piles for hoovering but have Simply Red on so can't turn it off and I won't hear with the hoover going so you guessed it I'm listening to that and here typing.

It won't be quite the same on here without Jenny and Sally come back soon. I hope no one else is thinking of defecting. We are having high gates and fences erected just in case .
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 12:28 PM
What did I miss,what's up with JENNY
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »