Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Afternoon all...

Sorry to see there are till some poorlies amongst us, me included bit I think the AB's from the doctor seem to be working at long last. All I can say is, stay in the warm where possible and leave the housework for another day, health is more important to us.

Not much going on here, so another duvet day and watching the rain outside, even the dogs dont want to go out....

Enjoy the rest of the day and keep safe and warm and please let Dave out the bathroom for some chicken....
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Oh I meant to say I treated myself to a Karcher window cleaner all I have to do now is learn how to use it. Anyone tell me are there any pitfalls I should avoid?
Oh well done MOYRA,you won't be disappointed Love mine...happy window cleaning
Only thing I would say,do't rush,let it slide down nice and easy,will have instant,dry,gleaming windows
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 02:34 PM
I hope you had/have lovely lunches Meg and Nippy.

I hope your side feels better soon June. It's awful not being able to sleep.

I wouldn't take anything pharmaceutical for not sleeping Jenny. I think it's just a routine I've got into. I fall asleep reasonably quickly, mostly, so at least I'm not writhing around too much. I hope you had a nice walk with your friend.

Eileen - Who are you going to see?

I took Michael swimming this morning, then rang M&S.

Oh this insurance is a pain. We have 4 options.

Stay as we are but with a higher premium, higher excess and have to pay 20% of bills.

Start again with M&S without pre-existing conditions but we still have to pay 20% of bills.

Go for reduced M&S - £1000 per conditon (epilepsy still covered) but up to a total of £4000 per year, plus have to pay 20% of all bills.

Go with Tesco - up to £4000 per condition. Pre-existing conditions not covered. Smaller excess and don't have to pay 20% of bills.

We're thinking about it - no option is ideal. With the epilepsy covered options, the premiums will probably increase dramatically again next year, as they have been doing.

I had a wet walk with Loki and am off to school shortly and the kids are going to grandparents later as Carys has a disco tomorrow.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Thanks Helena, I am just charging the battery at the moment before I can have a go with the Karcher.

Twix if I had someone to do it for me then I certainly would let them do it. My son is wrapped up too much in his own world to worry about household matters. He is currently spending all his non working hours on his tropical fish.

Jenny yes I am afraid Amber likes her routine and thinks I have nothing better to do than walk and clean her up every few hours. I is still pouring down here hasn't stopped all day. I reckon I shall have to get wet again and take her out before it gets dark tonight so probably about 4pm. Then after that it will be down to her to be either uncomfortable or to relieve herself on the patio. It would be so much easier to clean up the patio under the gazebo if only she would go.

The battery on the Karcher is taking a long time to charge!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Afternoon Moyra sorry you are struggling with the weather and walking Amber. Its a nightmare isn't it.
Eileen glad you got the tickets your poor friend though.
Afternoon Twix.
Elaine glad the AB's seem to working albeit slowly.
Helena glad the bathroom is coming along even if it is slowly.
I hope you let Dave have some lunch after his impromptu strip.
Linda seems you are between a rock and a hard place with Loki's insurance.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 03:17 PM
I've read all the listings since this morning but can't remember them.
Another nice dry walk this afternoon. It's a bit chilly but I can cope with that.
OH's medical centre phoned him this morning to say his doc will phone him on Monday for a telephone consultation ( they have probably got his blood results in already from Tuesday ) about him querying about Polymyalga. He was supposed to go & see him next Tuesday so I don't know if the doc phoning him is good news or bad news
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Good Morning all... Happy Thursday!!

Sorry to hear there are still poorlies amongst us and sorry that it is still raining.... we had some rain yesterday but it is meant to be dray again for a while.. which doesn't bode well for our summer!

Just off to work, not much exciting going one.. what is the Karcher ??? thingy??? I need one, My windows are gross, it is for cleaning windows or for getting rid of condensation?

Catch up in a bit, once I have shown my face at work xxxx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 03:26 PM
LS...Garth Brooks
MOYRA,might take a while for the battery.Mine went on straight out of the box but only lasted about 10 mins because it wasn't fully charged.Was a pain having to wait then...was on a window cleaning mission
Not sure what the others do,but I use a little fairy liquid and vinegar in my water bottle.Try in out on a mirror first...wee trial run
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Eileen - had to goog;e Garth Brppks nedia saus tickets for tgree comcerts so;d oit in 2 hours and Gardao ca;;ed at one stpre when ticlets ran oyt.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Eileen - had to goog;e Garth Brppks nedia saus tickets for tgree comcerts so;d oit in 2 hours and Gardao ca;;ed at one stpre when ticlets ran oyt.
Its insane Malka Thing is there are a lot of people buying 6 tickets( which is the limit)just to resell them. oldest noticed online at 10a.m tickets for sale up to £500 pounds each I have no doubt that some lunatic will actually pay that.Sad for all the people who lost out and genuinely wanted to go
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »