register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Eileen, your poor friend, I'm sure you've got really good seats though. With all the tickets you have now you can take every member of the family and still have some over.
Wish I was nearer, I'd tag on behind!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Will be standing I'd imagine TW....Happy Days!! Would love you to go
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Morning all.
Your poor friend Eileen Still I bet they enjoyed it in a masochistic sort of way. He'd better be good after all that.
Glad you're having a bit of a rest today June the hoovering can wait another day.
Enjoy your day with Dave Helena hope he gets more of the bathroom done.
Enjoy your lunch out Meg I could do with someone taking me out for lunch.
I fancied some exercise this morning so after Taffs stroll round the park I had a brisk walk into town. I didn't need anything, just called in to see my sister in work & came out for the bus home again. Just before I got to the bus stop it went sailing past so I ended up walking half way home again & got the next one. I hate waiting round for buses.
Just having a quick coffee before I do a bit of tidying up.
No rain up to now either. No doubt if we are going to get some it will start after lunch just as I'm getting ready for this afternoons walk.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Morning everyone I missed earlier

Lovely to be going out to lunch today Meg and Jen, enjoy yourselves and have a good lunch

Lynn, I wouldn't have got up early either, but I wanted to get my walk over and done with and get down to Asda. Hope that finger is doing well today with the sock and glove on, good luck with it.

Jenny, enjoy your walk with Polly, I expect you're back now, although the rate Polly walks you'll be out all day

Eileen, pleased to hear you've got more tickets than you wanted, maybe you can sell on the extra's at extra cost, and buy your friend something for queueing for so long. Well done on that weight loss to!

Oh June, you poor old thing, you're really suffering there with that rib. Have a nice relaxing jim jam day hey? Glad to hear you've managed to offload a lot of that rubbish, I bet you couldn't sleep knowing all that was out there and needed shifting, but it's done now, so try and relax.

Hi DD for when you pop in to start the day's work!

Hi Lynne, Malka, Moyra, Bev, and anyone else I missed.

Went up the top and although it was dry overhead, it certainly wasn't dry underfoot, it's got really bad now, even up on the clifftops. I just heard on the radio, that the South of the UK has had 200% of it's normal January rainful and more rainful than we've ever had since records began, and yet Scotland has only had 85% of theirs! You know what's happened don'tcha, we've had all theirs

Went down the front to pop into the Heart Foundation shop for a 2nd hand fridge for the van, but I couldn't park anywhere, so gave up on that idea. The only way to do it, is to get there by 9am but then I can't get back in time from my walk cos of the dark mornings, can't win.

Went off to Asda, came home and shoved a chicken in the oven for lunch. Dave is still toiling away in that bathroom with the tiling. He just told me he's done one bit 4 times, cos it wasn't right, but then he's a perfectionist, I would have found a way to bodge it.

Tomorrow we have one of the vans to shut down, so he won't be able to do any, but hopefully, Saturday, he might get back in there and finish it, I hope!

Catch you all later if I can, enjoy your day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Hello everyone, It has taken me so long to catch up. I was refusing to take Amber out this morning telling her she could go out through the dog flap and do what she needs to do on the patio. Now she used to do it without any problem when she was a puppy but since I have been walking her three times a day she is refusing to oblige. I frightened myself yesterday when I nearly went base over apex and ricked my back I decided I was not going out again in the rain but particularly the mud. Anway come 9.30 she had still refused to go out on the patio even though I had moved the patio chairs and table out of the way so she had plenty of room to go under the gazebo without getting wet. so as by that time the rain had eased up a little I gave in and walked up to the back green there were puddles of water but not too bad because it is on a slope and I could keep my feet dry Amber got filthy again but steve cleaned her off when we came in. So she has had one walk to relieve herself and unload today and I shall wait again until the rain stops. I am going to try to retrain her again.

Commiseration to all who are feeling below par and under the weather and I hope you all feel better soon. God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Oh I meant to say I treated myself to a Karcher window cleaner all I have to do now is learn how to use it. Anyone tell me are there any pitfalls I should avoid?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi Moyra, I feel so very sorry for you struggling in these conditions, cos it's bad enough for me, it's hard to stay upright when everything is waterlogged or you're walking through thick mud. Then there's the big, heavy muddy boots to lift up which don't help our old legs Find somewhere with a seat and stay out a bit longer on the first walk and maybe Amber will be happy with that? That's what I'm doing, cos there's no way I'm doing the walking in this 3 times a day, let alone the aftermath clean up

The Karcher is as simple as can be, but make sure you empty that bottle before it's half full, otherwise it drips when you have it sideways. You have to make sure that plastic clip at the top of the bottle is is the right way around to clip it firmly back, otherwise it sticks out, and you won't get the head back on. They are the only probs I've had with mine. I use mine every night in the shower now, cos it keeps it so clean and dry, like I've always just cleaned it, so saves lots of cleaning time in the bathroom. Make sure the bathroom is clean though, before you start using it after every shower/bath on the glass and tiles.

Just had lunch. Dave's going to carry on this afternoon and get this tiling finished (in his dreams!), whilst I sleep, can't be bad
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Yes Moyra, I've found the best way is to get someone else to do it!

I say this because having used this contraption my windows still don't come up sparkly clean but as my friend pointed out they've been neglected for years so what did I expect!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Afternoon all,

Polly and I walked the dogs for over an hour but it was an on-lead walk 'cos even the top field is more puddles that grass now. It wasn't actually raining just a fine drizzle but the dogs still needed cleaning and drying off when we got back I've been and done some food shopping and intend to make a quick chilli for later .... real comfort food

Lacey I think I grasped from your post that you are very happy about the tickets You do make me laugh and I bet you've been bouncing off the walls with excitement
Lynne Well done you for going for a brisk walk even if it was a lot further than you had anticipated I'm finding it really cold today I'm sure its happened to lots of us but it is so blooming annoying when I get the dogs leads on etc etc and by the time I walk out the door its gone dark and starts raining I hope you get a dry walk this afternoon.
Helena I told Polly that I'd be chatting to you on-line and she sends her love to you. We both think you should relocate up here Good luck with the other van tomorrow and what a relief it will be with them both being done Enjoy your lunch and don't forget to remove that padlock off the bathroom so that Dave can join you for a meal I'm not surprised at those rainfall statistics just horrified
Moyra What a shame Amber refused to take herself out in the garden and you're having to stick to your more recent routine of 3 walks Do be careful of your poor back though.
June Stunning photos of Mabs Can you not just ignore any mess for a few weeks and tackle it slowly once your ribs have had a chance to heal. Do give little Fenn a cuddle from me ...... she must think of herself as one of the 'grown-ups' now

Off to have a bite to eat and get on with some tidying.
See you all later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi Jenny, LOL at you and Polly, and I would love to relocate, just that I don't have a couple of million spare to move up there! Be lovely if we could just pick up this house and plonk it somewhere up there though It wouldn't look out of place in your posh road either. I'll get Dave to work on it, when he's finished the bathroom. Poor s*d, he came out of there for lunch, covered from head to foot in tile cement, stood in the hall, took everything off except his pants which were clean, and he said he'll put it all back on again when he goes back in there! Never knew tiling could be this messy, but it'll soon be finished cos I've got the whip out again now Poor Dave He loves it really, it gives him something to do
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »