View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2013, 11:25 AM
A belated good morning fellow members and another grey day.

I had to go out early to get a few things so am a bit behind this morning.

Enjoy your day everyone
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Morning Meg (by the way your siggie piccie is one of my favourites)

Now look you've got to stop moaning about the UK weather as it is only just November and you have a long time yet to go before Spring!

You must EMBRACE it! Form a self help group and call it Dealing with Dullness!

Now I've said I'm going to have a 'do nuffink' day so am waiting for more posts on here to waste my time reading!

I really, really, really, really, wonder how LYNN'S GETTING ON?

Can't wait to hear. We'll have loads to chat about then!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Morning all...well it was morning when I started

aaawwww Bev, she is gawguss!!! I love kittens and puppies and foals and..... well you know what I mean. I am sure little Lyla will settle down quite quickly and have you round her little paw in no time.

Have a good weekend with your man Helena and hope that limp stays away from Zena, sore wrist, maybe you laid on it funny, Lore Poor Rucksack, another dodgy tum, he really must leave those "tasty" snacks alone.....hope it clears up soon, hugs to Nippy Jen xx have a duvet day, Bella looks all snuggly up there, have a great day doing, well not a lot Tang We all need one of those sometimes, I think I have more than most

Got to go shopping later, I really hate it, I did try on-line shopping, but I got bottle whisky, a case of beer, milk and bread in me basket, then couldn't think of what else I needed, so I have to do the wander round shops thing.

Was really bright and sunny earlier, me and little sis sat outside with our cuppa, but now it is raining that cold wet rain

Have done the housework, well all I'm going to do today, Got to clean the chickens out later, so must remember to get some shavings.

Eversuffering husband isn't home till tomorrow, so just might treat myself to some vodka. Not had any for two weeks

Still vanless, but am miffed....I got a warning letter this morning, my old van has been in a low emissions zone I have been in touch with DVLA and they told me if I get a fine, they will send me confirmation that I have sold it. It takes upto six weeks to get new owners on the system. Shows I cant judge folk, I really thought they were nice people

Have a great day, hope Lynn is getting all settled and sorted, she will have to write epic thread about getting moved and her new cottage Catch you all later...

ps Mabs is looking blooming there TW xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Well hello girliebiker!
You snuck in just before I stripped off to lie in the sun with a book and a minpin. (Don't worry I am not overlooked on my verandah so no one will require medical assistance for shock at the sight of me nekkid!)

I don't think ANYONE has more 'days when they do not a lot' than I do! Well not a lot that is PRODUCTIVE anyway!

Got to go shopping later, I really hate it, I did try on-line shopping, but I got bottle whisky, a case of beer, milk and bread in me basket, then couldn't think of what else I needed, so I have to do the wander round shops thing.
I don't see a problem here - whisky, beer, you remembered the ESSENTIALS!

Do you get your 'shavings' from sawmills? That's where I used to get mine for rabbit and G pig. Then discovered that shredded paper is supposed to be just as good. And sure was a lot easier to pick up and chuck out.

No vodka for 2wks? Not really sure I understand the reason for that. But treat yourself anyway. It's one of the only drinks I don't really like - doesn't TASTE of anything other than the mixer put with it. Of course you might knock it back neat (like my Polish and Russian pals do)!

Dagnammit re the emissions and the buyers of the old one.

Do pop back in if you are having an IDLE day!
I'm actually waiting for it not to be SO HOT before throwing myself out there in it!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 12:54 PM
The sun is out and I had a lovely hour long walk with a neighbour's dog walker and dog ... we arranged it yesterday. Such a nice woman and we spent the whole time putting the world to rights and having a laugh. The dogs had a wonderful time.
Hoovered the whole of the downstairs and have done my food shopping so I'm now sitting have a cuppa before dusting everywhere
Nippy - Aw a big ((hug)) for feeling off colour today and hope you bounce back very quickly . I felt your pinch and the punch on BF a short while ago and it hurt
Tang - Me childish .... take that for kicking me .... my mum told me that only donkeys kick and I know you aint one We all know that Helena can also be childish but the 'white rabbits' is the only old genuine saying and apparently was to ward off evil spirits ..... wow I'm clever. Your walk sounded lovely and its always nice to meet a new face for you and little Bella. I love the other man's analogy between Bella and his aunt
Meg - I hope you manage to catch up today
Girliebiker - Just as well you notified the DVLA when you sold you van .... even if they do take forever to acknowledge it. We only had to wait about 3 weeks to get confirmation back from them but it is aggro when a new owners starts getting fines/tickets. Enjoy your vodka .... it doesn't sound as though you'll run out of booze though

I intend to have an idle afternoon .... what I'd really like to do is sit and read but as soon as I do that I fall asleep which is REALLY annoying

See you all later.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Absolutely persisting down this morning, have got Mabs at the vets at 3pm, am taking Keshi for company for her.
Also need to stop off for shavings. I used to be able to get shavings from sawmill and joiners workshops Pat, but I have to buy it by the bale now, no one seems to do it anymore.
Off for shavings myself today GB, will use shredded paper when babies first go outside and then when they are a bit older they will go onto shavings, although shredded paper now is unbelievably expensive, last time the bale was £17, the same as it was the year before, however when I unloaded it from my car I realised it was only half the size!!!
So babies only get one bale of paper now and then they have to grow up quickly!!!! The wholesalers also do free flow pet mince, cheaper than anywhere else so will get a selection for Mabs's meals. She will be in tonight. They are already building the bonfire at one of the local pubs for tonight.
Your little Layla is adorable Bev, and I wish you many many years of love and companionship with her.
Pat, sunbathe for me whilst your dossing about please, I need to move to a warmer climate, fed up already of the weather and like you say there's a long way to get till next summer.
Hope Zena stops this limping Helena, have a lovely weekend and hope you get all the long term rentals sorted, then you can sit back and let the cash roll in.
Jenny, the dog walker lady sounds lovely, shame Rucksack can't leave nasty things alone really as the smells you were getting last night must have sent you looking for a gas mask on ebay, hope he is better today and not as smelly at the rear at least.
Right, going to have the last of my bone soup and then get ready for the vet trip!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Hey
Had a quick flick,gorgeous pic of a kitty and the beautiful Bella
Still no LYNN? Dying to hear all the news
Will have a read through later,busy,busy,busy!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Hello again lasses and lads.

Well I've been GOOD - and been cleaning bits and bobs aided by Tramadol. There's no WAY you can clean or even wipe anything without utilising your arm in a side to side way. Still bluddy aches anyway even if I don't use it.

Jenny your walk sounds nice. I think it's not coincidence that when you meet 'nice people' they usually have 'nice dogs' too.

And hello to my favourite BONE COLLECTOR lol! It occurs to me that if you started dressing in rags I could call you the 'Rag 'n Bone Lady' lol!

Dagnamm having to PAY for shavings or paper! Hell I used to get it for nowt. Have a funny story about one Xmas when we ate Xmas lunch at a huge restaurant. When they were gathering up and bagging all the paper streamer stuff (loads of it) I asked if I could have it (for the wabbit). Hell it wasn't run proof and the first time the wabbit weed on it it looked as if something had been slaughtered in the hutch lol!

When I lived and worked in Bracknell, the Silicon Valley land, I could get enough 'shredded paper' from the offices I worked in.

Jenny same here - reading or TV watching always sends me off to the land of nod. My theory is because it makes me SIT STILL. And once I sit still - I fall asleep!

I've even put a load in the washer now! If I could just MAKE MYSELF pay the bills and update the spreadsheets I'd be feeling quite SAINTLY.

Bella has had a 'flea up her bum' since she woke up after her apres walk sleep. Very antsy. Time to go lie down with her methinks.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Good Morning/Afternoon!!

Well 7.30am and still dark, our clocks change this weekend so I s'pose its back to dark nights. Today I shall be dog walking with my friend in a while, then getting my hair cut and eyebrows waxed as I am starting my new job, thought I had better make a bit of an effort, I do have to do training with my new boss

And that is it really - now to decide what to do about dinner tonight!!

Hope that Zena's leg is ok, laughing at Bella being like someone's Auntie and Good luck at the vet TW!!

I hope Rucksack continues to improve - poor baby and YAY for new kitties
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Like Pat, my day of doing not much hasn't worked out, but I've got a lot of jobs done around the house - many more than I had intended. I cooked a chilli (con carne) but for the life of me I cannot find the kidney beans I bought I can only assume I've either managed to throw them away in the last day or so or have put them somewhere ridiculous I've ended up putting a can of black-eyed beans in instead My OH wants to walk down to post a letter so we are going to go off shortly and take the dogs with us which will do as their second walk of the day.

June - I do hope Mabs didn't get too stressed at the vets and Keshi helped her relax. Just seen a forecast and I think you and Sally have got continuous rain .... makes a change form us getting it The cost of your shavings is high. Can you not shred newspapers or is that just too time consuming. Around here we've already had loads of fireworks and most organised do's will be this weekend, on the 5th and next weekend .... I hate that it is so spread out.
Hi Lacey you busy, busy thing you
Tang - You poor thing ... when are you seeing your osteopath? I love you tale of taking all the coloured Christmas streamers away with you and staining you poor rabbit As a child I remember we had a white (not even cream ) sitting room carpet and my mum wrapped the bucket that the tree stood in in scarlet crepe paper. The family dog who was young cocked his leg for the very first time in his life against the tree that had appeared in the house. There was the most awful red stain on the carpet for evermore I hope Bella has settled down.
DaisyD - I expect by the time you read this you will be looking gorgeous with new hair and beautiful eyebrows Its miserable when the clocks change and sympathise.
Bev - Not long now until your new family members joins you .... photos please of little Lyla.
Lynn - We are all missing you I believe you mentioned that some of your family would be visiting this week 'cos of it being half term .... so hopefully they'll all think your new cottage is fab and it will feel more like home starting to gather new memories for you to file.

See you all later.
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »