register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 03:15 PM
No messes in the yard so far, just checked, so Keshi can have chicken and tripe for tea and see how that goes down.
Helena I was soooo embarrassed having really nasty stuff aired in public like that, OMG can you imagine having to go out your front door after something like that had been on air.
Then again, like you say, its typical fb stuff, so they're probably proud and laughing about it
Sounds very complex this drive sharing stuff, not to mention manholes.....glad its not me needs to understand it, because I'd get it wrong!!!
I need to get tidied up, need to get motivated, been out for milk and more bleach and disinfectant and got a bar of chocolate to cheer myself up.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Well it has actually stayed dry
We have been to Mole Valley farmers and got Bri a pair of Amblers boots for walking Pepsi in the rain and a huge tub of fish food much cheaper than buying the piddly little bags!
Then we bought a hot pasty and boy was it hot so we wrapped them back up in their bags and drove to Haytor on Dartmoor. Where we sat in the sun and ate our pasties.
Then Brian disappeared and came back with 2 ice creams. I didn't really want mine but thought I had better eat it
So quite a nice day, just the two of us for a change!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 03:24 PM
"I didn't really want mine!! Yeah right,bet you didn't leave any Sounds like you had a lovely day
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Yeah it sounds lovely Nippy, you didn't want icecream -ASIF
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Just in case anyone was worried about me, I am still alive. I was supposed to see my GP this afternoon but it is impossible to get to the clinic as now the road is up. There is a 35cm drop from the pavement, and even a 20cm drop from the tractor path which has [had] a dropped kerb built when they did the pavements.

The macolet is 50 metres from my bungalow and the clinic maybe another 50m if that behind the macolet, but in order to get to the macolet I would have to try to get Xanadu 5 kilometres via pavements [mostly blocked by large wheelie bins or cars that cannot get out], round the roundabout at the entrance to the Moshav [with no guarantee that I would be able to get off the pavement and onto the road there] and then along a couple of km where there are no pavements, round the back of the schools, and then some tiny side roads, just to get to the macolet.

And then the same back home.

So seeing my GP was out of the question.

Incidentally, one more attack on Pereg and I will really cause them problems. I can understand that some of the Arab workers hate dogs but I will not put up with stones being thrown at her much longer. This afternoon I heard her yelp, went outside and when the worker saw me he all of a sudden jumped down from the kerb at the edge of the pavement and said "that mad dog just bit me, you saw it bite me". Hello you idiot - yes I saw you standing on the edge of pavement and jump down as soon as you saw me come out - and I also saw that my "mad" dog could not have gotten anywhere within three metres of you, if that.

A bit later another of them was watering down the stones, sand and cement on what will be the base of the new road, from a hose attached to the nearest water hydrant, and he deliberately turned and aimed it at Pereg, soaking her. He knew I had seen it because my door was open and he could see me sitting here - so I went out and he turned the bdooly hose on me.

And laughed.

I am just glad I had heaved myself out on my crutches and did not go on Xanadu because the water would have blown his motors/power cables.

And there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, because if I make a complaint I will be accused of being racist because they are Arabs. And they know it which is why they are getting away with it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morning all. I am up early to do a bit of work before Mart gets up. Thought I'd post a piccie of Munch (my sis and her family had some studio pics done and they took the dog along too!)

I love Munch.............
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Eileen you have had a busy day.
Jenny your day out sounds lovely especially the pastie and ice cream.
Malka oh dear that really is not good not being able to get the DR. Or the men throwing stones and aiming hoses at Pereg and you.

Poor Gorden had heard nothing from the fraud dept., about our account being hacked so popped to Tesco in his lunch to buy some packet coffees and his card wouldn't work. it had been blocked. he ring the dept., they apologised they hadn't let him know. Mine is ok as we have different numbers so when I went to pick Michael up I picked up his coffee's they were half price that offended him more.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Afternoon Kazz.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Eileen you have had a busy day.
Jenny your day out sounds lovely especially the pastie and ice cream.
Malka oh dear that really is not good not being able to get the DR. Or the men throwing stones and aiming hoses at Pereg and you.

Poor Gorden had heard nothing from the fraud dept., about our account being hacked so popped to Tesco in his lunch to buy some packet coffees and his card wouldn't work. it had been blocked. he ring the dept., they apologised they hadn't let him know. Mine is ok as we have different numbers so when I went to pick Michael up I picked up his coffee's they were half price that offended him more.

Your account was hacked - dear Lord that is terrible. How did it happen?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Not sure Gorden had a text from the fraud dept., Santander Late Saturday night which we missed but picked up Sunday morning but they were busy so it was done by automation. Someone in Brentwood America tried to spend £120 or so on his card number in a store. How they got the details goodness knows.
We had an account hacked a few years ago and had to have new cards. Someone also tried to buy magazines on line on his credit card a few years ago too the credit card people were suspicous and stopped the payment plus the time someone tried to spend £10 in a corner grocery shop on his credit card they stopped that too .
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »