Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
The person I spoke with at Visa's fraud department was wonderful - told me not to worry and to leave it to them. So I did.
Well that is comforting to know, I still hope it never happens to me and will continue to do all I can to make sure of that. In my previous post I should perhaps have said that in this modern day it is necessary to use a credit card, I had to use it for my Eurotunnel booking recently, just not for small outlets selling things I can easily do without, I've given up on 'trendy' as a way of life, and anyway most of the new and latest things I ever bought didn't work, or didn't work properly, so it ain't worth it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Jenny its a kaolin paste, I rang and asked if they had any Canicur or kaolin paste and she said no problem I'll get one out for you, when I got there they had it ready and labelled up and the vet had OK'd it.
Big mess in the yard and Keshi was lying outside so not good. Given her her meds and popped her in the big kennel again (under protest she wanted to stay outside!) and given it a major clean, bleach and disinfect. Changed all bedding everywhere (just got 3 bales of shavings when I was out)
She's stayed in the big kennel and I've been in to give her a cuddle, she is looking a bit brighter I think and a bit more interested. Her eyes aren't as full either. Hoping I'm not just kidding myself. Got an email from one of my friends and she's saying 'but your girls are never ever ill!!' and they're not so I find it hard when its like this because I'm not used to it.
Other girlies seem fine, bit confused about why they aren't going out though, wanted to make sure they were OK and they are. Looking more and more like she has somehow managed to eat something awful. I need eyes at the back of my head with this little girl
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 04:23 PM
It is the most glorious afternoon now. 21c and lovely sunshine.

The physio said a 3 wheeled one because they are more maneuverable.
When I was working I used to laugh at the oldies carrying their frames around, now it looks like I will be doing the same!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 04:35 PM
I bought my mum one of those with a shopping basket on the front, she never ever used it, preferring to walk along hanging onto me or doorframes!!!
I gave it away when she passed over, there's a lady in the bungalows and her's had given up, so she was more than pleased with it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
It is the most glorious afternoon now. 21c and lovely sunshine.

The physio said a 3 wheeled one because they are more maneuverable.
When I was working I used to laugh at the oldies carrying their frames around, now it looks like I will be doing the same!
And three wheels are far easier to tip over than four wheels. Just ask an actual user, not a physio who recommends but does not use.

And not all frame users are oldies, so you can knock that on the head right now. What Moyra has would be ideal for you. In fact if I could walk more than 5m with my crutches, I would be delighted to have one like hers.

So please stop talking yourself out of one because you think only oldies need them. YOU need one at the moment, unless you want to keep falling and ending up as I am.

And yes, I am having a go at you 'cos I luvsya and want the best for you - and the best is not keeping falling over.

GOTTIT?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Awe Malka you tell her! I know nothing about it, but thought I'd chime in and say my Mom had to use one after a knee replacement.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Well said MALKA
SARA,are you feeling better?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Haven't got out of bed long enough to know that, Jenny lol
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Haven't got out of bed long enough to know that, Jenny lol
Eileen!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I hope the medicine helps Keshi June.
Jenny for now you need that frame and if gets a Dukes of Hazard theme even better. Hang onto the glimmer of hope it may not always be needed.
Sara hope you're feeling better.

Dillon has just brought up a load of yellow bile and is looking very sorry for himself.
Sun has been shining most of the afternoon now its looking very doubtful.
It the first Friday after pay day so Gorden is bringing home tea and cooking like he use too.
Still not excited Helena about the move. Doubt I ever will be excited.
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »