View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2013, 09:21 AM

Everything is so late today for me as I actually had a few hours sleep after being awake early in case the alarm did not go off - which it did not - so I am desperately trying to do a ketchup. Not much has sunk in though but here goes...

Pat - I hope all carries on going well with Mart and that the operation has been 100% successful.

June - I hope Keshi is feeling a bit better and that whatever it is/was she keeps to herself.

Linda - sorry to hear that Loki did it again in the night and hope he stops that annoying pacing.

Moyra - I wish Tesco had refused my Visa card a couple of years ago as someone somehow "did" it for a good few thousands, including two humungous lots of shopping at Tesco. How Tesco could let someone buy so much stuff on a credit card issued by an Israeli bank, without proof of identity, I will never know. [The first four digits on all credit cards indicate the Country where the card was issued.]

Anyhow, Visa refunded me - issued me a new card - and went after Tesco, BT, O2 and National Express. They do not like their cards being used fraudulently. I never did find out how a card never out of my possession had been copied and used though.

Way past noon now and the macolet closes in a couple of hours so I must get over for a few things. I hope I can get across [and back] as the road is still dug up with steep drops down and up either side.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Malka, same way as mine I expect because like you I seldom go out and it is always in my possession the whole time either here or should I go out. It's got to be off the web. Do take care if you are going out on that road the state it is in.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Morning jenny. That was nice your son popping in last night.
Morning Bev enjoy your time with Charly and Ash.
Morin again Helena. Pleased to hear Zena isn't too badly off after her run in with that collie.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Morning June fingers crossed Keshi perks up as the day goes on.
Morning Pat everything crossed Mart copes not being on the Morphine pump and coming home tomorrow goes well.
Morning Jenny we will have to think up some ides for pimping your frame.
Morning Mini enjoy your lunch with your son.
Morning Moyra that was a close shave someone getting hold of your card details. Thank goodness it didn't go through.
Morning Linda thank you for the offer of the match makers.
they wouldn't do the job though because I wouldn't be able to resist eating them.
Difficult one about Carys and the school disco.
Sorry to hear Loki had another fit I hope he stays clear for along while now.

Covering letter done I will pop it an envelope and paper clip it to the claim form and ask the vets to make sure it goes with the re-submit claim. I have backed it up by an email on the insurance companies enquiry form too.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Just nipped in quick....

Brilliant news about Mart and coming home saturday, excellent. I always feel you do much better at home.

So sorry to read about Keshi, lets hope it soon passes and she is back to her normal norty self and the others dont fall prey to it.

Lynn, get those docs posted and the letter also to the insurance company.

Poor Zena, why do folk let their dogs do that I always put my lot on leads when I see any dogs about and I mostly have five

Hope all is well with everyone else, so sorry, I haven't kept up although I do remember Nippy is having new toy...

Got to get going here, hoovering, showering and shopping. My tyre hasn't gone down, so I really think someone is messing with my van now , so will have a word with eversuffering husband and get CCTV sorted. Talking of whom, he isn't home till tomorrow, so I may just have to treat myself to a very nice bottle of red, remember I did that the other week and he came home and you lot had it.

If I dont get on over the weekend, have a good one and I will catch up soon, I am sure......
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Sorry it's all about me me me. One of these days when I am settled back into my lazy and laid back Cypriot life I might actually manage to get back into the loop!
But it's really not about you Pat, it's all about your son who has gone through a big and dangerous operation and you're just keeping us up to date.

My time on here will be taking a dive soon but I can still log in once a day (In the evenings) and will still look out for updates. So pleased the op. went OK and he is recovering nicely.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Anyhow, Visa refunded me - issued me a new card - and went after Tesco, BT, O2 and National Express. They do not like their cards being used fraudulently. I never did find out how a card never out of my possession had been copied and used though.
This is the most worrying thing isn't it

I have virtually stopped using my card now and I am trying to get OH to reduce it's use since they started charging me a 'Non sterling transaction fee' which they claim was always there but 'buried' in the exchange rate but I have checked and while the exchange rate they used to charge was never as good as the 'spot' rate it never amounted to what we are paying now, so to hell with them we'll just cut down on card use

And while I'm pleased you were compensated and didn't loose money but what Visa and Mastercard don't realise is that there is still the worry and time and expense of ringing, e-mailing, writing to the card company and all the worry that goes with this kind of fraud, I don't need it at my time of life and I'm not going to put up with it and if that means I can't buy something at a lower price than over the counter then so be it, I'll buy it over the counter or do without

P.S.
Hope the 'expidition' to the store across the road went without problems and I can't believe they are still working on that pavement!!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Afternoon all

Helena you need a Hippo Box
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Harvey - they are now doing the roads, even though quite a lot of the new pavements have got to be redone. And this job was supposed to have all been done and finished before Rosh Hashana [which started at sundown on 4 September...]

Regarding my Visa card, as soon as I checked the statement [I do not do online banking] I saw the dodgy transactions so it took me just one telephone call and Visa took over. My bank pays all credit card transactions on the 2nd of each month and I get the statement in the mail usually on the 10th. So when I phoned Visa they immediately cancelled the card but the ganif who had used it had carried on trying to use it, at another Tesco store and also for an 'eck of a lot of money, not knowing that it had been cancelled.

The person I spoke with at Visa's fraud department was wonderful - told me not to worry and to leave it to them. So I did.

The card was only used in England so that cuts out online companies such as iHerb in the US - which left Amazon, JustGiving, JacquieLawson ecard site, and two well known charities in the UK that I used to support with monthly payments. I never use it in Israel because I have my Isracard [Israel only] for local purchases.

What I still cannot understand is how come these companies - Tesco, BT, O2, National Express, happily accepted a Visa card for hundreds of pounds sterling each? Tesco in total ended up with somewhere in the region of £3,000 goods bought on my card?

I had no problem at all with Visa as I could prove I had never been out of Israel at the time - both my British and Israeli passports were well expired and I had and have no intention of renewing either, and as an Israeli citizen [with an Israeli ID card] I can only leave and/or enter the country using my Israeli passport.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Afternoon all. Hope you are all going along well.

Ive spent most of the week sorting out my daughter's car insurance renewal (why I have to do it I don't know!! Too bl**dy soft that's why!!!) Why do they immediately reduce the amount by over £100 when threatened with cancellation???? Why not just let us have the best price from the start??? Anyway, I found her the same cover she had at £220 cheaper.

So, next week I'm starting to trawl through for the best price for our buildings and contents cover for next month......oh joy. What I want is value for money every year, not just the first then a great big price hike as they think we wont swap. Picked on the wrong, extremely tight woman here!!!!

Sooooo, have a good day folks.
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »