register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Was up as soon as it was light, been awake off and on most of the night worrying about Keshi. I checked her before I went to bed and she had done 2 loads of something not nice in the shavings, so cleared that, gave her more tummy stuff. She was outside having a very slow drink when I went out, so she is keeping hydrated.
This morning she was out, looking very sad and sorry for herself, all her coat sticking out with shavings all over her,, having another drink by the back door. She wasn't interested when everyone was having brekky. Checked round and nothing Nasty in the kennels, cleaned up the normal type stuff (thank goodness no one else has it as yet) then gave yard a hosing down with black stuff again because there was some Not Nice watery stuff,and refilled buckets. Keshi by then was sitting in the corner of the big kennel, so went in with a syringe of tummy meds, she's not happy about it. Slightly brighter in herself, bit of a tail wag from her, she has had a cuddle and I have left them all in bed. I'm up near the vets today, in fact I still haven't had the copies of some paperwork I asked for weeks ago, so was going to call in and at the same time get them to copy Mabs's hip/elbow scores for her file. I think I'll ring and see if they can give me anything as I am keeping everyone in today, they missed their walk yesterday as the weather changed so quickly, and until I am sure there is nothing Bad wrong then they will be confined to quarters.
Jenny I hope its not a bone blockage, as she's the only one who isn't insured. Not had the money for it unfortunately. I really really hope it is some sort of reaction or something because I do not want to be using son's credit card, it isn't fair on him to be put on like this.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Morning all. I have a half hour spare before getting ready to leave for the hospital. Have to say that, having put my 'real' life (quite rightly) in front of internet shenanigans for the past 5 days - it's like being a newbie member on here again! Not a clue what's been going on and no time to catch up (and what with the name changes lol!) I've sorted out quickly who Shaggy is tho!

Seems Lynn has some admin problems. TW has a poorly dog? MM looking fwd to another family visit. Helen still running round like a blue @rsed fly! (I've got an ASDA here Helena but only for another day! But they've already had about hundred quid off me - couldn't BELIEVE how cheap the nice clothing was in there!)

Had the best and longest night's sleep for a long time. But woke with a terrible headache (going now - aided by chemicals) and a stiff back!

My sister is a real gem. She's made this week so much easier and seems to have enjoyed being able to do so. There was a time many moons ago when it was me doing it all for her (and I was happy to do so too) and I think she is really happy that she can do it now!

Shame her hubby is in AUS as he and Mart are great pals and he would have been at the hosp. every day. And my neice who still lives here some of the time has a stinker of a cold and so does her boyfriend so they have to stay away from the hospital (Martin now calls her Typhoid Mary).

Dan, my youngest lad, wants to come visit Martin on Saturday the day we get him from hospital and travel back to Bath. I am not sure that will be the best day for a visit from Dan, Em and baby (think they've chosen that day to keep the numbers down as the boys will be with their father overnight) but will leave it to Martin to decide.

Saturday, tomorrow, is going to be a bit hectic with the long drive and also having to get stuck into sorting, tidying and cleaning Mart's pad up a bit.

I am hopeful that Monny will come back (if they both see sense) to take over when I leave. I mean for chrissakes she has been on the phone almost constantly since before he went in - she might as well have got on a plane and come over! But if there's any chance of angst - I guess it's best avoided for the time being.

I still am not sure when I will fly back. I will see how it goes. If I am needed longer (and that might just be because I don't fancy leaving him alone) I will arrange for Roger & Yanni to take Bella to Petstop. I've emailed them telling them this today.

I've managed to fit in a few hours' work since getting here but not in the mood for it at all yet really. They are all OK with that. I just don't want too much to 'catch up' on with the daily checks if I leave it too long.

Hoping to order a new laptop and have it delivered to Mart's next week. He is assisting with that of course.

Munchy is being absolutely goofy and adorable. Just shoving his saliva encrusted elephant at me every five minutes and making noises like a cow mooing if I ignore him! Shame I can't take him to the hospital - that would liven things up!

They removed Martin's 'on demand' morphine dispenser yesterday evening. Today will be the day we see how he is going on just tablet pain management. Of course morphine takes away not just pain but all your worries too - so ... well let's see!

He keeps getting them to take my BP as well as his to give him ammo to nag me about my lifestyle. Crushingly disappointed when mine keeps coming up 'normal' and, as I pointed out to him and the nurse - it's me on my feet and off out to 'have a fag' and him (the one nagging me) who is prone on a hospital bed!

Sorry it's all about me me me. One of these days when I am settled back into my lazy and laid back Cypriot life I might actually manage to get back into the loop!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Was up as soon as it was light, been awake off and on most of the night worrying about Keshi. I checked her before I went to bed and she had done 2 loads of something not nice in the shavings, so cleared that, gave her more tummy stuff. She was outside having a very slow drink when I went out, so she is keeping hydrated.
This morning she was out, looking very sad and sorry for herself, all her coat sticking out with shavings all over her,, having another drink by the back door. She wasn't interested when everyone was having brekky. Checked round and nothing Nasty in the kennels, cleaned up the normal type stuff (thank goodness no one else has it as yet) then gave yard a hosing down with black stuff again because there was some Not Nice watery stuff,and refilled buckets. Keshi by then was sitting in the corner of the big kennel, so went in with a syringe of tummy meds, she's not happy about it. Slightly brighter in herself, bit of a tail wag from her, she has had a cuddle and I have left them all in bed. I'm up near the vets today, in fact I still haven't had the copies of some paperwork I asked for weeks ago, so was going to call in and at the same time get them to copy Mabs's hip/elbow scores for her file. I think I'll ring and see if they can give me something, as I am keeping everyone in today, they missed their walk yesterday as the weather changed so quickly, and until I am sure there is nothing Bad wrong then they will be confined to quarters.
Jenny I hope its not a bone blockage, as she's the only one who isn't insured. Not had the money for it unfortunately. I really really hope it is some sort of reaction or something because I do not want to be using son's credit card, it isn't fair on him to be put on like this.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Morning everyone,

Lynn, hope your insurance claim goes through ok.

Helena, hope they drop your sealant off ok. I doubt you'll go 40 miles to pick it up, I know I wouldn't.

Sara, so sorry you are unwell, hope you are better soon.

Lore, Good luck with your trip to Inverness and well done on the encouragement you have given your detachment.

Jenny. I hope you are right and we are going to get some sun this afternoon I need it to get my washing dry.

Bev. I hope Charly and Ash will be with you tonight all being well. Enjoy your work.

Nippy, jenny, Don't worry about using a walker. I have one they call a rollator is wonderful four wheels and a seat over a shopping basket and it makes you feel secure. I use it instead of my crutches when it is dry.

I started the day well a call from Tesco's they had declined my Tesco credit card. When I got onto them I discovered someone had tried to use it to buy something for £854 and it had been declined. Thank God it had. Anyway it rendered my card useless. So I now have to await a new card at least I paid for my Tesco delivery with my bank debit card instead. Shame I shall lose my points though. Have a good day everyone. God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Aggghh Helena, I know how you feel only too well
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 08:10 AM

Morning Lynn, yes I would definitely put in a covering letter. You can't leave anything to chance these days.Love the idea of pimping t he frame
HelenaI read your first post as potato sealant, I was wondering why you would need to seal your potatoes Hope he leaves it for you today. Shame about that b****y Collie, hope Zena's tongue will be alright.
Morning Lore and Bev
Jenny it is damp here too and we had some more thunder last night. You are right about the frame but I'm still railing against it. Very unsure and unhappy about it.
Took me so long to post 3 of you crept in. I will go back and read your posts now
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Good morning fellow members a wet and windy morning but set to improve I hope .

I want to do some more cutting back in the garden, the tip only opens at the weekend so I will load up the car today and get there Saturday morning before it gets busy.

My son has just texted to say he is coming for lunch so I better get busy
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Helena and Tawney

Missed both your most recent ones while typing mine.

I do hope BOTH your dogs are going to be OK. What a worry.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Morning everyone

Pat - Fingers crossed that all goes well today with the morphine. x

June - I hope Keshi improves today. What a worry.

Lynn - Good luck with chasing the solicitors today. I will share my matchsticks with you.

Helena - Poor Zena. That sort of thing happens to us lots and I get so fed up with it. I'm glad you gave the owner a piece of your mind. Sorry you have such little time with Dave. Could you make a nice romantic evening together after everything has been done?

Sara - I hope you feel better soon.

Lore - Happy holiday!

LL - What a shock! Thank goodness they declined the card. I don't suppose you have any idea how somebody got the details?

Loki had two more fits in the night but is doing well. He growled at a lamp post this morning and pounced on a leaf - albeit with a little less energy than usual. He's now pacing around being annoying .

Carys wants to go to the school disco next week. I'm not too sure because in juniors they are supposed to go without parents. I'm not convinced she is old enough at 7, or responsible enough to be on her own - she still walks along with her head in the clouds, day dreaming and is so easily distracted. But all her friends are going and she will be devastated if she misses out.

The sun is out at last!

Have a lovely day everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 09:15 AM
LS it has got to be somebody off the web has got hold of it but not my security number on the back by the sound of it. Still I'll get a new card in a few days. I rarely go out and never use it locally in shops or anything so it has to be off the web.

TW. I do hope Keshi is going to be ok and the others too. the last thing you want is Mabs being ill if she is in pup.
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »