Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 05:05 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Friday.

Morning everyone. Got any matchsticks ?
Gorden and Michael out to work today so two breakfasts and lunches to do and once I start moving it makes Gorden get up who takes ages in the bathroom in the mornings, which is ok if Michael isn't working or isn't here but not good when two of them need the warm bathroom and the shower.

Today I have solicitors to chase and this mislaid claim form of Dillon's to re-submit which means another trip to the vet later.
I am wondering if I need to attach a letter to it explaining I kept my part of the bargain so it is the vet, Royal mail or the claims dept., to blame for the mislaying of the form and they better pay up as I kept my part of the bargain and excess paid. I think you only get so long to submit a claim.

Pat I read about Mart on last nights thread great news it has all gone so well. You must be feeling very relieved.
Sally I hope poor Jimmi's paw is healing an dis it this weekend you are going up to the lakes ? if so safe journey.
June I hope Kehsi is better this morning and it hasn't affected any more of the girlies.
Linda hoping Loki is still fit free.
Sara hoping you are feeling better today.
Enjoy your long weekend with Dave Helena.
Jenny I hope you aren't feeling so down about the walking frame. Maybe we can give you some ideas to pimp it up.
Malka is it getting better outside your door yet ?

Apologies if I have missed anyone get well wishes for those I have if you need them.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 05:49 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Oh Lynn, I choked on my coffee there when I read about pimping up Jen's frame Yes, definitely do a short letter with that form, you have to tell them it's a copy of the original form submitted by the vet on such and such a date, and that you did ring them to ask before going ahead with the op, and that you paid the excess at the desk, just short and sweet and factful, otherwise, they'll be setting up a new claim, sending you letters saying you've left it too long, blah, blah, blah, you know what they're like, if there's the tiniest hole for them to crawl out of they will won't they

All of the above to everybody too, especially our Pat, I must go and get an update on yesterday's thread.

We had thunder and lightening most of the night along with the rain, and it's still dark now, so I might go somewhere different this morning as the woods could well be back to mud and Zena had a thorough grooming last night, it'd be nice to keep her like that if only for a day or two.

Dave home tonight, but he'll be gone before I know it, as tomorrow I have the vans, he's clearing out the guttering on them both and mowing the lawns, so I'll hardly see him except for Sunday Off to Asda this morning but nothing else planned.

I ordered my patio sealant online cos it was the only place I could get the wet look Thompson, and he didn't leave it yesterday afternoon, he just left the card He's got a note today to say I won't be taking a day off work to sign for a £30 delivery and could he sign it for me and leave it on the top balcony. Jeesus Christ, it's only a can of sealant at £30 and on the card it says if they can't deliver 2nd time, I have to travel 40 miles to their depot to collect it Yeah right!

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets, and enjoy your day, the week-end is here at last
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 06:04 AM
Morning Lynn, Helena and everyone after.

It's already at freezing, and it's only midnight! I might have to close my window tonight!

I'm not feeling a whole lot better... sticking close to my bed and bathroom tonight and tomorrow, methinks.

Mouse is hiding from the scary lamp under the covers... silly thing. Whatever happened to my dog who's afraid of nothing?!

My cat ate my soda crackers. .. and is now chewing on a bully stick... he's odd

I'm going to try to sleep now, so you all enjoy your morning and we'll chat when it's morning for me!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Morning Helena thanks yes I will do the letter and ask the vet to make sure it is submitted along with the claim form.
I hope they leave that sealant it would be very annoying to have to travel all that way if they don't. I have a feeling you wouldn't.
Shame you and Dave won't see much of each other this weekend.
Morning Sara sorry to hear you are still feeling under the weather hope you feel better soon.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Morning all,

Lynn, hope you can sort out the solicitor and the vets.

Sara, poor wee Mouse. She must be so confused and scared. Poor baby. As for your cat, yes, your cat is very odd

I am so glad today is the start of our tattie holidays, really looking forward to the break to be honest. My alarm is now off The only time I am planning on having it back on is Monday for the exam.

Today I have to try driving to Inverness with a load of dead computers and various old stuff from the detachment. The kids were so enthusiastic about helping to sort it out. I think it gives them more of a sense of it being their detachment and a sense of pride in themselves. Delighted with them.

Can't wait till 3.30pm
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 06:37 AM
Morning Lorraine. Enjoy the holidays and good luck with the off loading of the computers and other rubbish.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Very dull and damp outside but I've just heard the forecast for S-E and apparently its going to be sunny this afternoon and temperatures up to 21 degrees I didn't get back on last night as my eldest son dropped in which was lovely. I have just caught up on last night's thread:

June - I am so sorry to hear that Keshi isn't right Hopefully when you go in this morning she'll greet you with her ears up and feeling OK. You don't think she could have a bone blockage I'll keep popping in here to check on any updates from you.
Lynn - A busy start for you this morning but hopefully you'll then be able to get on with things in peace. Definitely attach a letter with that form explaining it's a duplicate.
Helena - You are spoilt for choice with your walk. Go up on the cliff walk ..... so so beautiful up there ... although the views might not be quite so clear today I hope that sealant arrives without any more bother
Sara - Snuggle up in your duvet, close that window of yours and hopefully you'll sleep like a baby. See you when you wake up.
Pat - Great news that Mart has been doing so well and hopefully you'll find him in good spirits this morning when you visit him. What a huge relief all round
Sally - Had I got on last night I would have asked about little Jimmi's paw. Hopefully that is on the mend now.
L.S. - I do hope when you come on today it is to say that Loki remained calm and seizure free overnight.
Nippy - I only read the last 3 pages yesterday to catch-up and clearly missed any post about you needed a walking-frame ..... I'm off now to take a look.

Hi to anyone who has crept in while I've been posting and to everyone else have a good day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Morning Lore - what is a tattie holiday .... something to do with potatoes or just a Scottish term

Nippy - I've looked back and found your thread. Good advice from your physio. Those three wheeled ones are brilliant 'walkers' and lots of room to hang a bag etc on. Much better than those U shaped ones you have to plonk along each step. (((hugs))) you'll soon be whizzing along with much more confidence that you won't fall again.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 07:26 AM
morning lynn and all,
Very quick one from me as running late for work where I will be all day.
Charly and ash should be back late tonight if Ash not too tired for the drive when he gets in from work. If not will be tomorrow. can't wait to see them.

have a good day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Morning Jenny, Bev, Sara, Lorraine and all

I need a rant!!! There was I enjoying a lovely morning walk in the woods in total solitude, got into the small meadow by the stream, and a collie came around the corner on its own, but just laid down waiting for the owner with the chuckitt. She appeared around the corner and although the collie wasn't bothering us, I decided to put Zena onlead whilst I bent down to pick up a poop in the long grass. As I got up, this bladdy thing came charging at Zena and then launched itself at her, she was onlead, I told her to leave it, I didn't know whether to let the long lead go or to pull her back (it's a horse rope so longer than a normal lead). Zena got to the end of it scrapping with this thing but thankfully, by this time she had managed to flip it over, and decided that was good enough to teach it some manners and it went off a short distance sulking. The owner then comes over, so I let rip at her, saying what a nasty dog it was to have come charging over to attack my dog who was ONLEAD minding her own business doing absolutely NOTHING! In her defence she said "I did call her back", well it didn't bladdy work did it!!! Only my shouting at it to leave it sent it packing Off she went with her chuckit and her nasty collie and I told her I would make sure I avoided them in the future. I'm livid, I told her I'm fed up with dogs coming over to mine at great speed only to assault her As we walked down to the stream I noticed Zena's tongue was bleeding So I sent her into the stream in the hope that the water would clean it up and it would stop, which it did.

Either that or she managed to take a chunk out of that nasty collie I don't think so though, it was definitely her tongue cos I saw the blood coming out on the ball which she had in her gob. Shame!

Ahhhhh, feel better now
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »