View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Evening everyone, and before anything else I have to give a big cuddle to Gemini who is obviously dreadfully worried about her puppy Faye. Unfortunately, none of us can control much of what goes on around us with neighbours and the environment, but hopefully if you can get her over each worrying experience then in time the setbacks will become less and less frequent. Good luck anyway.

Jenny, do NOT go into the San........it's run by evil sadists. You do sound to be very poorly and you could do without your lodger hanging on, but hopefully he will be gone by Thursday, as will whatever lurgy it is you are harbouring.

H, every now and then a film catches me unawares too - there are some really good ones out there aren't there, and just because you have never heard of them it doesn't mean that they are no good. Mind you, I do hate it when the emotion stays and stays so that you are still upset at bedtime! A bit like the bad dream that lingers in the background all day long making you unhappy for no good reason at all Please don't guess the length of those curtains old bean - definitely not a good idea Mind you, as far as I am concerned making curtains is not a good idea full stop Thank you for your concern about my tootsie, I could have done with you last night to be honest

Trying to drag the rest of the thread back from my memory now, oh yes, Tang and the snake.........please tell Bella that she is not a mongoose! We can do without hearing that she has tangled with something poisonous and unfriendly. Love the oriental picture of her!

Lore, I hope that things quickly settle down for Davie - he's having a rough patch at the moment, and not all of it is his fault is it.

Sara, all I can say is please give Mouse a cuddle from me, poor little thing.

We had some of the gang here today from our pet builders/home maintenance company, and they did a good job with repointing various bits and pieces but still have no idea what is going on with the smell in his lordships bathroom. (No comments please, it's not THAT sort of smell ). More men will be coming at the end of the week to dismantle the bathroom and rip up the floorboards so hopefully some cause will be found then. As the smell only happens after it has rained, I am convinced that it has something to do with the downpipe from the gutter, which runs - or is supposed to run - into the drain and from thence to the sewer system. I say supposed, because the little man today did say that he couldn't see a link between the downpipe drain and the sewer If the water is simply running into the earth then surely that could be the cause, if it is then leaching under the bathroom floor? We had all the drains redone a while back, so maybe they forgot to reconnect this bit. Oh well, no doubt we will eventually find out.

My hairdresser came here to do a trim today, and Jimmi excelled himself in the embarrassment stakes...........there we were, me sitting at the table and Tim cutting away and chatting, and Jimmi was humping his leg! Constantly. Horribly. He has NEVER done this with anyone before, and although Tim has a dog it is a male, and a puppy. Jimmi hates puppies. In the end I had to shut him in the living room, where he whined and whinged for the whole hour until I let him out again whereupon he immediately set about the poor chap's leg again.
I clinically need chocolate
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Hi Lynn oh that Dillon, he's soooooo funny I can just imagine him hurfing about with that gnome. I agree though, whenever I walked Zena 2 or 3 times a day it actually made her MORE hyper in the evenings at that age. Thankfully, it now makes her sleep just like she is now, ahhhh bliss!! I wish you a quiet night, you're not gonna get it of course

Hi Jenny, oh dear, what a horrible day you've had, especially to'ing and fro'ing to that germ infested surgery waiting for a prescription Let's hope you haven't caught anything worse than you already had. That lodger is driving me mad now, what's the matter with him, and will it be Friday or Saturday when Thursday night comes around I wonder

Hi Sara, I'm so so sorry to hear about your poor little Mouse Can you draw the curtains for her to keep out whatever it might be that's scaring her? Poor little girlie, give her a cuddle from me please.

Hi Gemini, I hope the little puppy is going to be ok and hasn't gone back to how he was before. I hope the scaffolders actually know what they've done to your window too!

Just had notification from the old bill that we've got a missing man in my area who might cause harm to the public if he's not found. He went missing Monday, and he's on medication for being scitso (can't spell the word lol!) but I'm sure you catch my drift. I will padlock my front gate tonight methinks

Had shower, spoken with Dave, now I'm going to have something to eat and relax in the chair while I can cos it won't be long before Zena leaps up again you can count on it

Hi Sally for when you pop in later, hope your nail is not giving you pain today whether it be still hanging in there or completely off, I couldn't keep up with last night's cos it was far too long, life's too short lol!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Malka since you seem to be the resident expert, can seizures be a seasonal thing? She had three last fall/early winter then didn't have another one until last week. It's curious.
Some seizures can have causes/triggers, and others just happen. Seasonal changes can be a trigger, as can changes in atmospheric pressure - in fact on the Epilepsy List [which is US based and although has members throughout the world, most are in the US] and when things like hurricanes are forecast for various areas someone will usually post and warn people in those areas.

Some dogs are affected by the full moon. Anything can be a trigger, certain foods, odours, vaccinations, flea and worm treatment, change in routine, sudden loud noises, storms, anything and everything can be a trigger, and yes, seizures can be a seasonal thing.

There are various types of seizures, and not all seizures are caused by epilepsy. Photo Sensitivity or Photo Stimulation/Reaction seizures are usually classed as Non-Epileptic Seizures or a Non-Epileptic Attack Disorder.

With Mouse, depending on why she is VI, the fact that you think she is losing what sight she has had, sounds to me that she has the latter, ie some form of Non-Epileptic Disorder, and the fact that you said:

She had three last fall/early winter then didn't have another one until last week.
definitely sounds like in her case the seizures are seasonal.

Pereg has Idiopathic Epilepsy - epilepsy of no known origin. And she has no triggers whatsoever that I have ever been able to find, despite having kept a daily seizure diary which notes everything she eats, anything out of the ordinary happening - everything. And neither my Vet nor I can find anything that could be a trigger. She just has Grand Mal seizures [and occasional Psychomotor seizures] literally out of the blue.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Mouse'll get a bunch of cuddles when I get home from work. And she'll thank you all... but you'll be in bed so you'll just have to accept my thanks fpr her in advance lol.

Mouse is a double merle, and as such has eye defects. There is also some thought that double merles have a higher rate of epilepsy, but others think not, its just that doubles are caused by bad breeders and so is epilepsy. .. who knows. There's some that are linking the photo seizures to double merles tho, so who knows.

As for the scary window... it was night time and the blinds were down most of the way... and she cant see anything out the window as it's alot higher up than she is. So I really don't know what set her off. But she was fine with it once the sun came up today... she's kind of a weirdo lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Hi Sally, you were typing at the same time as me, so I missed your arrival I'm afraid and I always look forward to your grand entrance

If you haven't already, then please try and see if you can watch this Notebook film on a catchup somewhere on your telly cos I know you would like it too, but like you say, it's not good when it lingers with you all day long, but in a nice way. I loved the ending, but of course, I would never tell you the ending before you've watched it, that would be as bad as what I used to do with Dave and tell him who had won the Grand Prix before he'd had time to watch what he'd taped!!!! I can be very annoying at times I s'pose, but then you probably already know that bit.

June's engrossed in Holby, give her a prod somebody so she can actually watch it instead of snoring in that chair

I don't know about that smell, but when we moved here, we had that "damp" smell, heck we even had snail trails in the lounge by the conservatory patio doors, and it wasn't until Dave got to grips with the flooring that he found no end of problems under there, even a very slow leak on a radiator pipe as it came up through the floor and the difference now that it's all fixed and everything is new, the smell has totally gone. Let's hope they find something when they get under those floorboards, nothing worse than that smell that you can't find out where it's coming from is there. I remember the carpet fitters saying they call smell hemp and asked me if I was growing "weed" somewhere!!!!

How embarrassing was the Jimster today with your hairdresser He must have had the smell of his dog on his trousers I s'pose? One thing about having bitches, we don't have these embarrassing problems. Georgie was a humper when we first got him, but he never hung onto anything, he'd just kind of hump himself lol! Bless his sweet soul.

Night night all, off to let Zena out and get ready for bed, might find another film to watch until the wee hours maybe.xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Gemini I hope you can reassure Faye.
Sara sorry to hear about Mouse.
Lorraine I hope Davie's problems are sorted soon and satisfactorily.
Malka I hope rain stays away tomorrow and you and Pereg can get out for a run around the block.
Sally I had to laugh about Jimmi has he been taking lessons from Dillon. Although I must say Dillon is a lot better now but sometimes it does get the better of him.
Helena Dillon is being fairly calm now although he is in the garden having a little bark at another dog barking in the distance.
I did forget to mention he met a lady with a little boy in a pushchair this afternoon and the lady came forward to pet Dillon and that gave Dillon the green light to say hello to the little boy who stroked his head and Dillon kissed his nose. Awwwwww.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 07:49 PM
*waves to Sara slaving away at work there
I hope that when you get home, Mouse enjoys her cuddles and has completely forgotten the trauma of the scaffolding.

H, there are few greater sins in my book than revealing who won the Grand Prix before one has had a chance to watch it That is very very bad behaviour
I am always careful to turn the radio off on race days when the Beeb is showing highlights later, but his lordship has been known to go up to the Feathers for a lunchtime drink then come back dropping enormous and less than subtle hints about what happened and who won.

Do you remember the Saturday Night Movie? It was on very late, and no end of times we would stay up watching it but always wondered why on earth we bothered! They were usually total rubbish, and often just ended in the middle of nowhere leaving you wondering what on earth it was all about. After the National Anthem, we would watch the little dot recede and vow never to put ourselves through it again, but of course we did

Yes, the damp smell is perfectly horrible - and I really cannot wait to get rid of it. Unlike yours, this is definitely connected to when it rains and sometimes is quite eye watering. How on earth it is getting into the bathroom though is currently a mystery.

I am in my cosy dressing gown, and am going to watch Big Fat Gypsy Ladies Day whilst doing a spot of research.

Just spotted you there Lynn - that is so sweet about Dillon and the little boy, and it's lovely that the child was not frightened of such a big dog and was gentle with him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Hows the toe tonight Sally notice I am whispering just so you hear the question.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Watching the Gypsy thing myself, enjoyed Holby, should be doing ironing really, but having tea and custard doughnuts instead
Sally we was only trying to makes yer better
We like people to leave the San cured and happy and you wouldn't be cured, so therefore you couldn't possibly be happy and we was trying to 'elp honest we wuz
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 08:39 PM
SALLY
Have you had your meds today?... Mouse didn't have trauma with the scaffolding I do worry about you sometimes
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >