Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Me too Pat! The last holiday I would have gone on was the club 18's or whatever they were called in my day.

Talking of movies, I watched a great movie last night onSky called The Notebook. I'm not one for lovey dovey, but it was set in the 40's (but modern if you know what I mean), and it was such a lovely film, a real love story, and I went to sleep bawling me eyes out, and now I can't get it out of my head. I'd better stick to the blood and guts that Dave always makes me watch
Oh that's a real weepy movie Helena. I loved it too. It's a favourite of one of my young nieces as well. She's always putting it on!

Not just a love story but a sensitive and poignant depiction of the impact of Alzheimers on loved ones.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:07 PM
The notebook is great.I love Terms of Endearment
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Harrumph - every time I go to get The Silver Monster out the heavens open. No warning - one minute blue skies and brilliant sunshine the next I am drenched, without even managing the few metres to The Shack.

Four times so far today and as it has gone 6pm I think I will leave it for today. Hopefully no more rain tomorrow and the mudslide will be dry enough to try to clear it a bit. The ramp is OK now as the last unbelievably heavy downpour washed that clean, but the path in front of the bungalow to The Shack is rather mucky, to say the least.

Da Booger is now sulking because she knew I was going to take her out as soon as I changed my specs and got The SM's key down. She kept getting excited then whoosh, a few seconds later and it was back indoors again to strip off sodden clothes and change yet again. Actually at one stage she was really distressed so I gave her a calming pill as I was worried about her.

Much as we desperately need rain, it really has been a bit much today. Still very warm though but a horrible pong coming from outside and I think it is from the earth and stuff they dumped in my front yard.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Glad it's not just me then Pat, cos it has really got to me, and I'm not normally the Mills & Boon type, and actually, I could watch it all over again......and again I would sooooo have loved to have been born just that bit earlier so I could have lived through those days. Look how empty the roads were for a start lol!

Hi June, glad the sun is shining on you today I know how much you love it and better make the most of it, as this will probably be our last bit of summer, it'll soon be October won't it As for that small van, I got a phone call yesterday, that the guy has been rushed into hospital with an infection, he's in intensive care, BUT, apparently that's what happens with him and this illness of his (he's awaiting a transplant). I told the girl where we stand and that it's not looking so good for us to sell it at that price (£8K) because I have to pay the park 15% plus vat and it's such a faff to have to go through the park, which it seems like I will have to do. Anyhoo, I've told her he can come and look at it when he's ready and I'm now thinking of doing some kind of permanent let to him, but at the right price, to cover the pitch fee and give me some profit to make it worth my while. If he's not going to live very long (it could be just a year ) then that might suit both of us.

I can transfer the people I've booked cos these are May bookings in that van, and the big van is July/August that has got booked already, and the young couple I could just move over to the big van anyway if this bloke wants to rent the small one. I'm sorta taking it that if he does he does and if he doesn't then it's no skin of my nose which it isn't. This way, I'd still have my van when he's finished with it (along with his money lol!).

Just pondering on whether to take Zena into the woods for another walk, that way I could make a start on the curtains when I get back cos she'll leave me alone and be quite happy, BUT, the little bit of paper that I scribbled the curtain sizes on has completely vanished I know I put it in the van file folder but it's just not there Do I guess??? It's 5 pairs of curtains I've got here I do know the window is 36" coz of when I ordered the new nets (oh how I HATE net curtains ) but the other curtains hang down further, and I wonder if they're actually 40" Could be anything up to 48" really and I don't want them to look silly and short Oh pants, I might have to wait until I'm in there again on Saturday now

Hi Lynne, nice that you had such a great time with that relative of yours, let's hope it leads to a lot more coffee mornings.

Hi Eileen, no, nothing is worse than diggin', or gardening come to that, except chucking a bit of seed over the lawn if somebody else has mowed it! I don't do gardening, I've learned my lesson with my back over the years of trying.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Hi Helena. I never did get my machine out today and won't bother now (unless I set it up ready for tomorrow). I keep a few old white pillowslips for practising stitch tension etc. on or just to get the 'feel' of a different machine. Might have a muckabout with that later and do the sewing tomorrow.

I just about managed to follow the tale of the man and the van lol! Gawd this will show you where my head is at right now. Rellou came down last night and gave me back the overdue 300 euros they owe me.

When I took Bella out to do our raindance (which sadly has stopped now) I opened the 'dog drawer' to get her lead and spotted the 300 smackers tucked under the doggy bags in there! DUH! I'd have been getting to the end of this week and wondering how I'd managed to spend so much money!

*we didn't get enough rain to make a difference really not after so many months without a drop. It was heavy while it lasted and we had thunder too but sun is out again now. Roads will be treacherous just a half hour downpour after about 8 months build up of oil and grease.

Looks funny when it first rains - all the verandahs have drains in the corners which go to hidden pipes that emerge at street level. The pavements and roads are all covered in bubbly soapy water lol! It's all those months of washing verandahs and cars but with no rain to wash the soap out of the pipes or off the roads properly. Big downpour and theres white bubbles and foam everywhere!

The only precaution I take for rain here is not to wear rubber flip flops. I switch to the leather ones with tiny wedge heel so I don't slide about. Other than that it's still short crops and camisoles. It might be raining but it AIN'T COLD! We just get wet.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Afternoon everyone.
June good to hear you managed a good nights sleep. You must of needed it.
Lynne sounds like your day went really well and you enjoyed it.
Afternoon Sara. Sorry its cold its lovely here today.

Decided to make the most of the nice afternoon and take a stroll with Dillon. We met two neighbours at different times so we only walked a little way most of the time I was stood yakking while Dillon lay down waiting.
Lovely afternoon out there today.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Apart from all that it is just B R E A T H E P A T here cos I keep getting emails from this dorkhead of a new employee working on the database in the UK and he doesn't know his 'arris from his elbow with the stupid things he is asking me to do and when I point out to him that no can do doesn't work like that - he just never replies again!

I don't ever let anyone connected with filthy paid work 'get to me' and do not want to start now - I work for one thing - money - they ain't my 'mates' they pay my invoices - that's all I require them to do and can put up with any amount of idiocy and just laugh about it (which is why out of about 10 brainboxes who have come and gone over the past 6 years working on the site from inception and creation to where we are now I am the ONLY one who is still there! I've seen 'em come and go regularly and they all get hot under the collar or cannot stand the pressure or can't put up with the pig of a boss - I can I laugh at it), but today I am on a quite short nervy fuse so I think I'll just ignore him for the rest of the day!

Haven't even informed them yet that I will not be doing much for the beginning half of October. I might take the laptop with me though as it's not as if me and Mart are going to be going out and about a lot if at all. So there will be plenty of opportunity to fit a couple of hours work in now and then. Might not even tell 'work' I am going away - they don't have a clue where I log in from.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 04:18 PM
This makes me laugh. Waiting at the carwash with Bella under my chair. I just held the camera down in her general direction and it seems to have distorted her face lol! She looks a bit sort of oriental here!

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Oh Lol at little Bella there, she's turned all Japanese on us

Went for a lovely walk with Zena in the woods, it was sunny but not too hot, and I gave her a good raking, so now she's all shiny after her bath in the sea.

When I got home, I had a phone call from a friend in France, I haven't heard from her for about a year, and she was very very upset cos her husband has had to have a leg amputated cos of his diabetes, she can't sell their house cos nobody wants to buy houses in France anymore They need money which is all tied up in the house, and she said she can't even give it away. I told her if she ever wants/needs to come back to the UK there's always my caravan, she can have it and we'll work something out at the end, she can leave me the money in her will lol!

THEN, just as I was chatting to her, ZEna's going nuts cos somebody is standing by the big gate on the terrace, and it's the lady I met from across the road in the little close with the friendly spaniel, so I had to chop my friend short to let this woman in. Thank goodness Zena didn't molest her though, cos that would have been embarrassing but after a good 2nd walk she was only interested in dropping the ball for her. She showed me how to do a group contact blind copy e-mail for the neighbourhood watch, and apparently, it's all worked cos she's just mailed me back. She's a nice woman, used to be an estate agent, but a bit too straight laced for me, but maybe I could soften her up a tad if I got to know her hey?! I didn't even offer her a drink and she must have been here an hour but then that's me isn't it, no drink and definitely no biccies, hey Bev!!!!

Better feed Zena and have a shower and ring Dave now. I dunno, so much for a quiet week with all these visitors and phone calls.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi all,

I have to admit I have only glanced at the last few pages as I think I've lost the plot today. I had plans of getting quite a lot done today but felt grotty after a bad night sleep. I phoned the doctors surgery this morning and they said the duty doc would call me back within the hour for a telephone consultation. Fine by me but after two a half hours I phoned again to check they hadn't forgotten me. Gave them my mobile so that I could take the dogs out. She eventually phoned at noon (4 hours later). She told me she'd write a prescription immediately for me to collect. An hour later I went in and queued with all the sick people for 20 minutes to find there was no prescription and could I go back in half hour. I repeated the queueing system and then had to wait another 1/4 minutes for her to print it off

Got home feeling unwell and really wound up and our 'house-guest' asked if I could do a little washing for him as he was off to work shortly. He left me 3 large loads but I thought I'd be charitable as he's leaving tomorrow. However just as he was leaving he said that he'd spoken to his new landlady and he was moving in on Thursday evening I'd told him a few days ago that he'd have to be out by Wednesday as we had guests arriving at the weekend and that I was out all day on Friday so needed his room vacant to sort it out (a lie ). What could I say? So we've got him until Thursday but I've told him my OH will drop all his belongings at the gym he works at on Wednesday afternoon ready for him to take to his new room on Thursday and that he'd have to be out of here by 10 on Thursday so that I can clean the room etc etc. So that has been my day .......... bluddy awful and I've got nothing done that I'd planned to do. I will come back on later when I've calmed down and read through the rest of the threads but I'm off to walk the dogs again quickly before I cook a meal.

Pat I couldn't not comment on the funny photo of Princess Bella looking very strange
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >