View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Hello everyone, and it seems that you have all more or less ticked over nicely today although GB needs a bitter of tender nursing by the nice but ever so strict TW

It was MY toe by the way!!! It still is my toe. It will be my toe for many days to come unfortunately - the nail is completely detached from the bed, but is still hanging on around the cuticle. To prevent screams of agony reverberating around Herefordshire, I have put plasters on to hold everything in place and therefore avoid catching the nail and ripping it painfully from it's final mooring. I will keep changing the plaster, and hopefully in a few days time the nail will come completely away

We have been waiting for ages for our pet builders to come to do various jobs - they are extremely good and efficient, but these days they are in such demand that we can no longer snap our fingers and they come running. They did the extra lagging in the roof last week, and will be doing replacement pointing tomorrow plus sorting out a leak from an underground pipe (leading from a gutter downpipe to the sewer) which is causing problems in his lordship's bathroom. Then, FINALLY, all the new stuff will be installed in that bathroom, and we can have the new flooring laid etc. etc. I really cannot wait, especially as all the new units; mirror, paint, curtains etc. etc. are cluttering up both our bedroom and a spare bedroom.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Hey all you nut jobs
Have had a brilliant day,in such good form
Oh SALLY methinks it best to give that nail a quick tug,may bleed for a sec but at least it'll be gone and can start to heal.On less of course you superglue it ( sorry really isn't funny) Gonna pop upstairs do half an hour on the treadmill,followed by a bath cause I'll stink See ya in a bit
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 06:19 PM
AWOL, so sorry.
Got a phone call at 11 this morning from my DiL. Paul had had some sort of "episode" at work and someone was bringing him and his car home.
Half hour later, another call, as he had lost all power in his left leg a paramedic ambulance had been called.
So 30 mile trip to take DiL to the hosp.
By the time we got there they had scanned him and had him wired up to all sorts of monitors.
The news is that there isn't any great change in his scan but because he has had a very heavy cold they think that a viral infection has affected his nervous system, causing renewed weakness in his leg and arm.
He has been admitted for observation until tomorrow, so fingers crossed.
BTW going to catch up now!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Oh Nippy, I bet you've been besides yourself. What a horrid day you've had. How is your son now, has he stabilised a little.
That is so scary for him, and you all, hope all is OK soon, but there must be something deep seated for this to have happened.
Lots of hugs (((((()))))))
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Ice cream very welcome here.
Elaine sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly. you will get looked after well in the sick bay June run a very tight ship in there.
Evening Sally that nail sounds positively awful. It made my tummy do back flips reading about it.
Jenny sorry to hear your son has been taken ill again wishing him well soon and (((hugs))) for you.
Evening Eileen glad your day has been a good one.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Sally, take the nail off!!!! I had this with my finger I trapped in the car door, I kept it covered then it got to the stage where it was hanging off, so I closed my eyes and pulled, then it was REALLY sore for a day, and gradually wasn't so sore, kept smothering it in germolene and kept it covered and its grown back really strong.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh Nippy, I bet you've been besides yourself. What a horrid day you've had. How is your son now, has he stabilised a little.
That is so scary for him, and you all, hope all is OK soon, but there must be something deep seated for this to have happened.
Lots of hugs (((((()))))))
I'm sure some of it is anxiety but I also feel there must be more.
His temp is down but his b/p is still up and down.
At least he is being monitored over night.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Oh heck Nippy, what a perfectly horrible time you have had today; you must be so dreadfully worried but hopefully by tomorrow things will look a great deal better for him. Stress can do terrible things to people, and comes out in all manner of ways, but the problems can also disappear as quickly as they arrived, so fingers crossed.

TW and Eileen......NO, I have no intention of doing a quick rip I shall do what I did last time and let it gradually take itself apart under a plaster You both just like to see people squeal.

Tang, I too was stunned and upset to see that the dog in the health thread had died. So sad.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 07:27 PM
NIPPY,(( hugs))poor guy Really hope he's o.k,must have been an awful shock for you They will take good care of him.xx
SALLY,hubby will help,he can pull while you bite on a facecloth...
Need to have a wee catch and see what's been happening
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 07:39 PM
It'll be over in a second Sally, otherwise it could be like that for ages, then it has to start healing, pulling it off makes it all so much quicker
Page 7 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »