Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
afternoon all

hope you are well, and if not, I hope you soon will be .

Not much to report here even though it's ages since I last posted (boring life ).

Had nice meal out last night for daughter's 25th birthday, cant believe it.....my youngest is 25!!!! Mind, we booked a table for 9 (rather her fiancé did...he actually rang twice regarding table) when we got there, we had a table for 5 and another behind for 4!!! Not pleased. Moaned rather a lot (whilst trying to get one somewhere else) and got 2 large plates of garlic bread free plus £27 off bill. BUT that wasn't the point, we would have preferred to celebrate together and they admitted that whoever took the booking forgot to put it in the book!!!! No sign of manager for apology, poor customer service that, but the waitresses were lovely and it wasn't their fault. That's my rant over.

Have a good one everybody
Oh I'd be mad about that too. Couldn't they have pushed 2 together? Glad they tried to make up for it.

My youngest is 25 too!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Afternoon Gill.
What a shame about the meal.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Feeling proper misog now just read that the little dog that the new member posted about (with the mouth pain problem and the vet saying he didn't know what it was) is now dead.

Hi all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 02:39 PM
What an awful shock. I missed this yesterday.

If the owner is up to it I think I would be pressing the vet for a post mortem at their expense.
The vet school Ollie was admitted too did everything possible and couldn't find out what was wrong with him. They sympathetically offered us a PM for free which although difficult to think about we took. It gave us closure and let us know the problems and also helped them and future dog owners whose dogs may present with similar problems.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Lynn - no!

They are building some 5 bed houses right next to the fields I walk Loki in, but they are packing them in really tightly so they have a terraced block looming over them and the gardens aren't much. I doubt we could afford them anyway.

What we need is a larger house with a big garden - perhaps an older house but it has to be in this area unfortunately, because of schools, family and job!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Afternoon all, I seem to have been busy but can't tell you what I've done really, no idea where the day's gone, its getting on for 5 and I feel like I've just got up really
Girls walked, Cariad and Keshi on the river today, took the rake with me and tackled Keshi as she's got loads just hanging off her, a bit like dreadlocks. She put up with some of it and then charged off and rolled in all sorts, then lay in the river, so I gave up after a few tries. Cariad loves being groomed and would stay there all day if I let her, so she looks like someone cares about her now.
I've surely achieved something today, I must have done, but can't think of anything
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 03:47 PM
I don't think you can beat older houses Linda more character less problems they have done their settling in and more space inside and out. They aren't always more expensive either.

Afternoon June well I would say you have done a lot today. I know grooming a sometimes reluctant dog can be tiring and a challenge.

I saw a butterfly earlier it wasn't sunny but overcast and warm. It is now doing what it did yesterday at this time the sun is coming out.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 03:52 PM
We've not had any sunshine today been very overcast and there was very light rain falling some of the time. Quite warm though and back door and windows open.
Yeah, maybe thats where the day went, pursuing Keshi up and down the river bank getting a headlock on her and then being wriggled free of!!!! She's got some really big lugs on her back near her tail, I SHALL get them out No Matter what she thinks about it!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 03:54 PM
I wait till Dillon has his head in his food bowl to get his trousers and tail done properly. he lets me do them but like Keshi keeps wandering off. I am worn out and feel like I've walked a marathon the amount of following I do.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 03:58 PM
The others have a pushing competition to be groomed, when Cruz was here he entered into the spirit of things and once he'd lost interest in Mabs virtually sat on my knee to be combed out.
No idea how Keshi gets in such a tangle, but she does.
Anyhow her ears are tangle free now!!!!!
Page 5 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »