Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Bitkin
Just looked thro' yesterdays to find out about your toe.
That sounds VERY painful and you are being very brave and stoical about it.
Raw nail bed?
Nippy I missed this. You poor thing and I really hope your hurty toe is better soon.
Joedee - Poor legs which may be even stiffer tomorrow but I hope not for your sake. What a lovely comment you made that all the dogs tried hard for their owners
Lynn - The people who own the Upwell cottage are they in a chain? Chains are so frustrating but if they are its possible you can put some pressure on them to get the ball rolling. Solicitors do seem to move at snails pace and you need to be chasing them all the time. Good luck.
Pat - I've ordered some of the neem oil shampoo and the spray ............ Thanks again

We STILL have our house guest who thought he'd be moving out on Saturday, then today and now he says Wednesday. I think I may tell him that Wednesday he'll have to go as I have guests coming at the weekend and want to get the house straight (a bit of a porky but he's been here nearly two weeks now ). My son wants him gone as he want's his lounge back.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 12:34 PM
No chain for the Upwell cottage unless their offer that was refused was accepted recently. Even if it was they did say they were moving in with her dad so the chain could get moving. If it drags to much we will have to look for something else that is empty there are plenty. Mums was empty when I did the sale for that and was so easy to sort.
The pressure is off somewhat now that Gorden is earning from Monday and we can start paying the full mortgage plus a bit extra. We both would like it gone completely now though especially as this time next year he may not have a job again.
Life gets so complicated.

I hope it all works out with your house guest.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Afternoon all

Jenny, yes, give him an ultimatum now or tell a porky cos you've been far soo accommodating with that guest so far, you want your house back, so you can feel comfortable walking around in your jim jams or less if you like!!!

Lynn, glad to hear the mortgage letter can be ignored and you can breathe again. I would love to see such a big, bouncy boy as Dillon charging around bless him, I've never seen them running, I only ever saw them walking onlead where the lady bred them in my old village remember?

Jen, I'm not sure if it's you or Sally with that broken nail or bad toe, but I thought it was Eileen who broke a nail in yesterday's thread Whoever it is, hope it isn't too sore or painful. p.s. I bought a big chocolate cupcake in Sainsbury's this morning,they do have them in the birthday cake aisle by the bakery department if yours has their own bakers of course?

Dyanne, I loved that comment too, about how all the dogs tried so hard for their owners, love 'em! Talking of obedience, when I was cleaning out the caravan on Saturday the bloke across the road was yelling out for his dog, he came over to me to ask if I'd seen a collie charging around, which I hadn't. He then said to me "we've got 5 collies here, all superbly trained according to my wife, who spends half her life at obedience competitions, and what am I doing????" Did make me laugh!

Hi Pat, lovely night time pic there of your view, and I hope your back is more bearable today, I know how painful that is but for the moment, I'm in remission here. Yes, nice quiet week for me I hope. I bought my sewing machine this morning I got the Janome, cos the girl said it's a nice, simple machine, here mother bought one and loves it, and it will be fine for my hemming. It only has 5 or 8 instead of 18 stitch thingies so pretty basic, but the price was good at £58! Otherwise, it's £99 or £150 and I don't want that and Google told me not to buy 2nd hand from e-b when I was on a sewing forum cos they rarely work and never have the instructions and since it's been a few years since I used one, especially these modern light hi tech ones, I do need instructions about that threading, cos if you get it wrong it won't stitch I do know that much, so it'll probably end up on the drive if I got a 2nd hand one. Thanks for all the help though I did hunt around.

Moyra, fish for tea perhaps then or does he have to put them all back?

Hi Elaine, Eileen, Mini and anyone else I've forgotten.

Glorious sunny day darn sarf, very warm, washing is drying a treat out there so I decided to wash the bath towels and dressing gowns.

Had a lovely long walk first thing with Zena didn't see a soul, and those I did see, I avoided and took another route.

Went to Dunelms got my new sewing machine for these curtains which I will do this week (I think!).

Then I took Zena out for another hour long walk, she loved it, sniffing about where all the other doglets had been on theirs, and then just as I got down to the stables in the big horse's field, this bladdy black terrier dog came charging along the fence, so I called Zena, she came, I put the lead on, and then this dog managed to get out from underneath the wire sheep fencing, the owners was frantically calling it, and I thought awww gaaawd here we go, it's that same bladdy woman that I had to complain about with her 3 dogs charging around on their own in there, but thankfully, as it raced over to us, it got down and was very polite, so Zena gave it her ball tail wagged and then turned around and looked at me to get it back again for her The woman just said to it "not all dogs want to play" and dragged it off and I ignored her At least it was just the one this time and not all 3 of them That might have been interesting!

My objection letter is now on the council website for that neighbour's planning application we don't want passed, and between the pair of us, we've managed to get 10 people to object to it now and they are all up on there too, so he's well happy. I'm looking forward to having the meal out with him when we've won!!!

Nanny nap soon, gotta sort this washing out and then all the ironing tonight, but I like to get it all done and ready for next week-end.

Enjoy the afternoon everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Afternoon Helena. Yes big sigh of relief. It all started when Gorden paid the agreed amount end of August by automation rather than ringing as usual and paying off the debit card.
The lady said to do it that way to save him keep ringing.
Well it didn't catch up as quick it does if you do it over the phone so that sparked a letter saying we had not stuck to the agreement and so they kept sending nasty letters even though Gorden had sorted it last week. It takes a week for a letter to reach us so easy to see why it all gets into the muddle it does.
Anyway all sorted and told we are fine and not to worry either way it is all under control. Easier said than done though when nasty letter arrive.

Can we put our orders in for new curtains now you have a new super dooper sewing machine ?
Ooooh I bet your heart stopped for a minute didn't it when that dog got out. Thank goodness it was friendly.
Good luck with the planing objection letters they have surely got to throw it out with all those objections.

You have to move quick to get out of Dillon's way if he starts heading for you. Must say I've never seen one move so quick either I reckon he's half race horse.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Eileen thanks for the (((hugs))).
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Afternoon

A tough week for you Jenny. I hope the tribunal goes well and you cope with the funeral - not easy when you're feeling unwell. Hugs. x

Thanks for that harvest mite post - I have noticed that Loki hasn't been itching so much lately so maybe you all were right on here about mites and now they're going he's not so bad. We were given Advocate to use but I never did because I wanted to wait until he'd had fits because I don't like changing things when he's okay just in case. It's been 6 weeks since his last fits.

We popped over the road to look at the show home yesterday. It was surprisingly a bit bigger than I'd thought - upstairs anyway - but when I had all my ironing arranged all over the kitchen last night, I realised you wouldn't be able to do that in the show home. There was a teeny kitchen off the lounge/diner and it was all open plan.

Apparently if you buy a house with them, they expect you to complete within a month! If you don't, you're in breach of contract, so you'd have to have to have sold your house or have a mortgage ready and hope you sell.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Afternoon Linda. Good to hear Loki's doing well.
Goodness that's quick so you won't be buying one then.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Good afternoon - I know you are all dying to know the details of my current gourmet effort ....

Cod fish cakes with packet parsley sauce
followed by
Apple Pie and Ice Cream

Back when I've scoffed it!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Sounds nice.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 02:03 PM
afternoon all

hope you are well, and if not, I hope you soon will be .

Not much to report here even though it's ages since I last posted (boring life ).

Had nice meal out last night for daughter's 25th birthday, cant believe it.....my youngest is 25!!!! Mind, we booked a table for 9 (rather her fiancé did...he actually rang twice regarding table) when we got there, we had a table for 5 and another behind for 4!!! Not pleased. Moaned rather a lot (whilst trying to get one somewhere else) and got 2 large plates of garlic bread free plus £27 off bill. BUT that wasn't the point, we would have preferred to celebrate together and they admitted that whoever took the booking forgot to put it in the book!!!! No sign of manager for apology, poor customer service that, but the waitresses were lovely and it wasn't their fault. That's my rant over.

Have a good one everybody
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »