View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Good morning all. Not only up and about (and the back is much better thanks for asking Lynn) but have walked the dog just outside then bunged her in the car and took her over to lovely Aliki Park above the lake where we were the only souls in there. Well apart from zillions of pesky flies (I'm sure these tiny red bite things that come up quickly and go quickly are from flies coz that's all I ever see on or near me lately - and someone told me they do nip) then ... wait for it ...

I DROVE STRAIGHT OVER TO THE DEVELOPERS OFFICE! (Pin that good conduct medal on me NOW!) Got there before the ditzy administrator so went in with her when she arrived.) Paid up all the dues, chatted with her about the plight of the apartments situation and how sick to the teeth of it all I am (that scared her!) anyway I feel better for having done it and I just have to fire off a few emails to finish that off.

Helena
I will be monitoring your 'week to yourself' and believe it when I see it!

Lore
Don't envy you the revising but I feel sure you will succeed marvellously - you work so hard and there is no substitute for hard work. You deserve to do well.

Jenny.g
I really don't envy you your tasks for this week - tribunals and funerals. Especially while you are still a bit 'under par'. Best I can say is I hope they both go 'smoothly'.

That living roof is making me itch thinking about it
I will be off googling that now - never heard the like of it! Poor Rucksack. I do wonder if Bella is a tad sensitive to something in or near the fields here as she makes such a performance about washing her paws when we've been out especially if I haven't washed them for her.

**edit to say I just googled the harvest mites and first result is a whole website devoted to the problem! Myitchydog!
http://www.myitchydog.co.uk/harvestmites.html
**edit again to say it is actually a site selling products to relieve the symptoms etc. but does have a lot of info about it on there. Sounds SO distressing - poor dog.

Lynn
You say you have 'not a lot on' but sounds like managing Dillon counts towards quite a lot! And have you forgotten about PACKING girl? Or maybe you've done it all now lol!
If I had Downton Abbey on DVD I'd do nothing else AT ALL today!

Madmare has a bad toe? Gawd can't remember if I read about this or not now.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning all.
Just a quickie, then I will be back later
Hope everyone is feeling well today, it's a bit grey and overcast here
Didn't anyone tell you 'quickies are no fun' Nippy?
If it's any consolation to you it is not grey or overcast here!

I took some pics this morning on my phone - if they are any good I will put some up. As I can't see a bluddy thing on the screen when taking them it's always a surprise to look through them when I get back inside! Oh what I'd give to have VIEWFINDERS on both phone and camera!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Good morning fellow members it is really dark here this morning but at least it is dry.

I am going to do some work in the garden this morning before the wet weather arrives. Lots of cutting back and carting to the tip.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you are doing
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Taken at 4am from bedroom verandah - well I did say I'd been up for AGES lol!

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Morning Lorraine, jenny and Jenny, Pat and Mini.

Lorraine good luck with the revising.
jenny poor Rucksack it can't be any fun itching all the time.
Doesn't sound good for the children does it a natural living roof what if you also suffered from hay fever ? Gorden would not be able to work there during June and July he would be sneezing the roof off.
Morning Jenny how are you today ?
Morning Pat glad the back has eased. Well consider yourself awarded for getting to the developers office. Ice cream in order I think.
Love the view with the lights.
Mini don't go overdoing the carting to the tip.

I am pleased to report Dillon went the normal way I anticipate him too today but at great speed which ends near to the road for the crem its not busy but I do worry.
So I had to leg it pretty dam quick up the field, he had stopped on the edge of the meadow saw me waited I called and he came hurtling at what seemed 100 miles per hour at me.
Boy that boys back legs are doing that are designed to do have drive. I am very skeptical about this hip dysplasia (sp) now. But then again I saw the x-rays and the left one does have a shallow socket and it was luxating.
Oh well give it time maybe in the future it will slow him down for now he is full of life and loves to run so that's what he will do. One day he will grow up.

jenny our solicitor is still waiting for replies from the other two solicitors. Pat packing may start later if not maybe tomorrow.
Still waiting for my miracle.

Off to watch Downton.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Bitkin
Just looked thro' yesterdays to find out about your toe.
That sounds VERY painful and you are being very brave and stoical about it.
Raw nail bed?
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Morning all...

Not had time to do a catch up, but I gather there are some poorly folk and itchy dogs... hope all soon feel better.

Not been feeling too good on and off over the weekend, still not feeling "right".... but we did get the logging done and we have almost enough for winter 14/15 .... we dont use it the first year, it has to season.

I will nip in and out during the day, but I really must run round with the hoover, there is shavings and grass all over.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
...[snip]... I am very skeptical about this hip dysplasia (sp) now. But then again I saw the x-rays and the left one does have a shallow socket and it was luxating.
As dog hip structures are similar to human hips, once a puppy [or baby] starts walking properly and putting weight on the leg with the shallow socket, the pressure of the head of the femur pushing into the socket causes it - the socket - to grow as it should be, ie "cupping" round the head of the femur.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Morning Elaine. Sorry you are not feeling well there seems to be a lot of it about lately. Hoping you feel better soon.

Malka that's what his breeder sort of said he needs to come together.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Hey
Bit late on the go this morning but I have managed to get all my cleaning done and bills paid Sitting out having a coffee,only sound are the birds....happiness
GB,hope you feel better soon(( hugs))Dread to think what we'll be like in the winter time,be no one left to talk too
LYNN,haven't heard any latest on the house,hopeing no news is good news and your feeling good
Gonna have a look at MRS PAT's pics
Have a great day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Mornign Eileen no news on the move yet waiting for the other solicitors and now the mortgage company are getting stroppy not in a good place.
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »