Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Still on the first. For now.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh Lynn, you are bound to feel sad tonight, but I am sure that once you have seen how settled she is after a few days then you will feel better. Yes....strange how we still manage to love them isn't it no matter what they come out with.

Nippy, surely they would not have sent him home if there were any serious immediate worries. I doubt that anything will stop you fretting until he has had that scan and they know what is what.

More massive cuddles for Lynn and for Nippy.

Tang you poor thing - that is exactly what happened to me when I tried to take some codeine based tablets a while ago when my back was so bad I could barely move. It is truly ghastly isn't it, and anyone who says that you should keep taking them and "work through" the reaction has never experienced it. I was so sick and couldn't lift my head off the floor without the room spinning and tilting and going in all directions. No good getting rid of the pain when you are stuck on the floor being violently ill!! Just adding that the doctor told me not to try taking them again.
Thanks Bitkin. You've actually made me feel a lot better and put my mind at rest a bit - your description is almost EXACTLY my experience last night.

It was many years ago when my nausea reaction to Ibroprufen was discovered (I had a bout of polyarthritis) and as I said I've had it now and then - but NOTHING LIKE THIS! I was never actually physically sick. Just horrible nausea and that's bad enough. But this was something different. It was quite scary.

Work through it? After last night I doubt I would dare take another pill for a long time! You'd have to be a masochist of the first order to risk that again. I'd rather put up with pain. And what would be the point - they came up ten minutes after I took them I thought my entire insides were coming up - could not believe how sick I was thought it would never stop!

Fortunately my bathroom door is directly opposite my bedroom door. I still couldn't make it there without first chucking up into the tissue box (good job it isn't far as the tissue box didn't hold much!) it was that room spinning (ten times worse than any alcohol induced dizziness!) and the inability to focus on anything properly. The TV just looked blurred and it actually hurt to try to even look at my watch.

I can't remember ever being so violently sick apart from about 40 yrs ago when I was very seasick on the Scilonian coming from the Scilly Isles and that's famous for it they call it the comet vomit!

My ears were ringing too and today my chest and back ache from the strain of it. It wasn't a very good time at all. I had to stay in the bathroom for a long time not trusting my legs to get me back to the bed. And when I got back in bed I couldn't lie flat. Had to get about 4 pillows behind me and sit up.

Bella - when I noticed her - was just giving me the 'are you coming to bed or WHAT?' look!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Taffsmum
That is DEFINITELY a corn cob husk. Cyprus is awash with them as they sell them on every street. My last dog adored them (but the husk is soft here not woody like in the UK) mind you my last dog never tried to eat one whole!

Thanks Pat. I didn't think of a corn cob as I didn't think we'd been anywhere that there was any. I thought Pine cone as we go through the woods. I'd forgotten about the BBQ in the park He's murder for scavenging though. He just hoovers things up Lord knows how that went down in one piece though Had to laugh about you & the nightie I'd have the same problem

Glad your Mum's move has been sorted now. Hope she settles down Lynn.
Thats not good them sending your son home is it Jenny?? I suppose with it being weekend the drunks get first priority Hope he gets sorted tomorrow & its nothing serious.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 08:00 PM
*joins Nippy with her wine fest. A rather nice Merlot actually.

Tang - I hope that you are fully recovered by tomorrow. The doctor told me that it is becoming fairly common for people to have this reaction, so I wonder whether it is the tablets that have changed or humans Whatever it is, I am so glad that you will not be trying to take them again; as I said, anyone who suggests working through the reaction has no idea how terrible it is.

Dogs are sooooooo sympathetic aren't they

Hello Taffsmum, I too took one look at the photo and said "corn cob"! Thank goodness it came back up
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
What a lovely neighbour Pat and what sad news for the wife and the family and you.

I hate feeling that ill. It was very thoughtful of you putting the nightie on just in case.
Ooooh that wines hitting the spot.
Shaddup Lynn! As an indication of how BAD I felt - today is probably unique in that I have been scared to have a drink - even a tiny one!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Thank you Lynne.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
*joins Nippy with her wine fest. A rather nice Merlot actually.

Tang - I hope that you are fully recovered by tomorrow. The doctor told me that it is becoming fairly common for people to have this reaction, so I wonder whether it is the tablets that have changed or humans Whatever it is, I am so glad that you will not be trying to take them again; as I said, anyone who suggests working through the reaction has no idea how terrible it is.

Dogs are sooooooo sympathetic aren't they

Hello Taffsmum, I too took one look at the photo and said "corn cob"! Thank goodness it came back up
Yes my thoughts exactly! And can you just imagine if the roles were reversed? We'd be running round like blue @rsed flies doing everything in our power to try to make them feel better!

*you can shaddup about the plonk too!

Regarding this INSANE suggestion to 'work through it'. NO ONE who ever had a reaction like that would dream of suggesting you do that! Bet it was a bloke who came up with that gem!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Shaddup Lynn! As an indication of how BAD I felt - today is probably unique in that I have been scared to have a drink - even a tiny one!
Now I feel even more sorry for you, that is truly terrible
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Oh no says ever so quietly the wine is hitting the spot.
ooooh Corries on.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Yes my thoughts exactly! And can you just imagine if the roles were reversed? We'd be running round like blue @rsed flies doing everything in our power to try to make them feel better!

*you can shaddup about the plonk too!

Regarding this INSANE suggestion to 'work through it'. NO ONE who ever had a reaction like that would dream of suggesting you do that! Bet it was a bloke who came up with that gem!

It was actually a couple of people on here.....but I cannot remember who.
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »