Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Well we are still waiting.............
They have allowed him home for the night but he has to be back in at 8-30am tomorrow in the hope that they can get him scanned then.
I keep telling myself that it can't be very serious or they would keep him in or that he would take priority over others
Just really, really hope I'm right.
Awww Jenny big (((hugs))) and lots of positive vibes.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:24 PM
LynnI'm glad the latest hurdle with your mum is over now. I hope things calm down on that front for you soon. I dunno what to say about all the hurtful stuff. I didn't have a brilliant or 'normal' childhood (my mum keep leaving home) but I at least didn't have the stress you have when she was in her dotage.

Lucky Star
Glad to hear Loki is fit free today. As for the snoring - my old Cavvy used to snore like a train (it's apparently summat to do with them having a long soft palette?) when she died it was so strange for it to be quiet in the bedroom after ten years of listening to her snoring getting louder and louder through the night. Bella doesn't snore.

Malka
Glad to hear Pereg too is still fit free. I am surprised you need or use carpet living where you do. I don't and am glad not to have to. Just a few rugs that I can chuck in the washing machine once a week.

If I had the lizard outside I'd be encouraging it to come in! I love 'em. 'Here Lizzy Lizard! Come to mummy!'
And I'd never have to exercise Bella again - she would chase the lizard round the apartment all day long!

Nippy
OMG you must be beside yourself with worry about your son. I was when it was my son.

Having been assured he did NOT need an MRI scan he ended up paying to have one done privately and plonked the disk with the results down on the doc's desk. They had him in the hospital the same night. Makes me so angry. If they hadn't operated on him when they did he could have lost the feeling in one leg and suffered permanent bowel & bladder disfunction apparently. As it is he just has a few 'spots' where he has no feeling and he STILL needs the major op on his back.

Helena
You don't seem to be having a lot of luck on those nice walks around your new gaffe? It would do my head in if I had that number of 'incidents' walking my dog. I think I'd opt to jump in the car and walk somewhere else!

Taffsmum
That is DEFINITELY a corn cob husk. Cyprus is awash with them as they sell them on every street. My last dog adored them (but the husk is soft here not woody like in the UK) mind you my last dog never tried to eat one whole!

Sal
Glad Lizzie is feeling better. Oh those were the days (NOT) when I had lofts. Somewhere to keep stuff you never use, don't need, can't be bothered to go up and get even if you do need it lol!

Nice to hear you get on with the new nieghbours.

Lucky Star
Well done on finding out about the vouchers. It makes me angry actually - almost ALL these attractions have sky high entrance fees and at the same time put vouchers in local rags, fast food eateries, on Bookface and so on that will get you in half price or 2 for 1 etc.
Why don't they just REDUCE the price of the entrance fee for everyone?

tawneywolf
Not MORE tyre problems! What a pain!
Glad you have your priorities right - even when money is tight - always find enough to BUY A PLANT!

Nippy
It's not fair everyone's got a Lizzy Lizard except me! It's tarantulas you need to worry about in nanas lol!

Bitkin
Your exhausting accounts of grandkiddy sitting makes me relieved I am thousands of miles from mine! Dunno about the programming for birthing tho - I was almost 40 when I had my understudy. Best thing I ever did!

I wasn't well at all last night so have just taken it really easy today. I had a bad nausea reaction to some cocodamol type NSAIDs. I got up from my chair to go to bed and my back really OUCHED. So I decided it would be wise to take a couple of pills before going to sleep in case I woke up stiff as a board. Took the pills wandered into the bedroom and the room started spinning and I couldn't focus properly. Broke out in a sweat and got the unstoppable urge to vomit. All that was to hand immediately was one of those little square tissue boxes so I vomited into that wearing it like a gasmask as I dashed across to the bathroom. I was SO sick. Then broke out in a cold sweat so stayed on top of the bed with both the aircon and the fan on me as it left me feeling awful.

I used not to be able to take them at all (nor Brufen) because they made me so nauseous (they affect some people that way) but I haven't had a problem with them for some time now. Maybe it's because I haven't taken any for a while and I went for the cocoda instead of the brufen? Or maybe they didn't sit well with the huge slab of apple pie with ice cream and double cream I'd eaten earlier?

I'd vomited so violently it made my throat sore. And when I got up this morning I was feeling really shaky so we didn't go to the lake (just in case) we stayed local. I didn't eat anything until lunchtime when I had a salad and a banana. I've been alright since just felt weak and achey. Won't DARE touch a pill and have more or less dossed around making a mess of the apartment apart from walking muttley.

Have had some work sent thro' but ain't even going to LOOK at it until Sunday afternoon. I am just about to send through my timesheet for May and take a shower and an early(ish) night.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Thanks Lynn
Tang if I find a lizard or a tarantula in my nanas I shall personally deliver them to you in Cyprus
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Thanks Lynn
Tang if I find a lizard or a tarantula in my nanas I shall personally deliver them to you in Cyprus
Ahem! You evil woman! Threatening me with spidies after that awful bite I got in january. No ta keep the tarantulas - send the lizards - I am eternally disappointed with the tiny size of lizards in Cyprus. Nothing like I expected. And no colourful ones at all. Still they keep Bella busy!

Everything crossed for your son. Geezus it only increases the stress on them to have to keep going back and forth the hospital too. Update when you can. Thinking of you here. Just waiting to hear from Mart when he will have this new op.

Just thought - maybe the spiders ATE all the big lizards in Cyprus?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear you have been feeling so unwell Pat.
I hope you have a restful night and feel more yourself in the morning.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Oh Lynn, you are bound to feel sad tonight, but I am sure that once you have seen how settled she is after a few days then you will feel better. Yes....strange how we still manage to love them isn't it no matter what they come out with.

Nippy, surely they would not have sent him home if there were any serious immediate worries. I doubt that anything will stop you fretting until he has had that scan and they know what is what.

More massive cuddles for Lynn and for Nippy.

Tang you poor thing - that is exactly what happened to me when I tried to take some codeine based tablets a while ago when my back was so bad I could barely move. It is truly ghastly isn't it, and anyone who says that you should keep taking them and "work through" the reaction has never experienced it. I was so sick and couldn't lift my head off the floor without the room spinning and tilting and going in all directions. No good getting rid of the pain when you are stuck on the floor being violently ill!! Just adding that the doctor told me not to try taking them again.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry to hear you have been feeling so unwell Pat.
I hope you have a restful night and feel more yourself in the morning.
Well I have to admit I felt so crook that as soon as I stopped vomiting I dragged a thin nightie on thinking if I died in the night it wouldn't be nice for them to discover me nekkid!

It didn't occur to me it was the pills to start with - I didn't know what the hell was going on. Couldn't focus on the TV then when I did vomit I tasted the unmistakeable metally taste of the pills and it reminded me. So I am going to assume it was that.

Neighbour called in today and kindly said he doesn't care WHAT time of night it is if I get any further problem call him and he will take me to a doc. That's nice. And they had worse news because the wife (who had breast and lymph gland cancer 24 yrs ago) has just had the results of a recent bone scan they carried out because she has had pains. They've 'found something' on the scan around her spine and she has to go for a CAT scan in 2wks but it sounds as if it is back. They are my best neighbour pals here - a lovely couple I've reminded her I am ALWAYS here if she just wants to moan, blubber, shout, scream or feel sorry for herself.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:42 PM
You posted at the same time as I did Tang!

That is such sad news about your lovely neighbour - why is it always the nicest people that these things happen to?

I had to laugh about the nightie though
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:42 PM
What a lovely neighbour Pat and what sad news for the wife and the family and you.

I hate feeling that ill. It was very thoughtful of you putting the nightie on just in case.
Ooooh that wines hitting the spot.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
What a lovely neighbour Pat and what sad news for the wife and the family and you.

I hate feeling that ill. It was very thoughtful of you putting the nightie on just in case.
Ooooh that wines hitting the spot.
Sometimes it does doesn't it Is this the first bottle or the second
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »