Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 06:33 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone. It isn't raining but it is a bit dull here so I am hoping very much the sun burns through the cloud later.

Well it is moving mum day. I am not particularly looking forward to it but it has to be done and when it is done that's it over now she will be there now till end of life or she will end up in hospital either way no more moves.
I realised last night I have done 3 moves the first meetings with SS and getting the home sorted with Gill through May and part of June last year then we had the house to do Gill and Peter and Gorden my boys and myself in October last year. Enough is enough I have told my brothers I am not scouting for another home or moving her and personally I cannot see there will be any need.
Gill I don't need to tell we did talk about it and she has marked the date I said this on her calendar to remind me. Where would we be without sisters ?

Pat yes my mum was very cruel over it all all because she thought in her words I dumped her. That is what she is like if she feels she cannot get her own way. She has done it to Gill over something similar in the past and even the boys at some point have had their share. That was the second dose for me one was years ago when my eldest was a baby and my dad had a go at her for it. This time he wasn't here.
It really is a wonder her children do as much as we do for her really.

Lorraine glad you had a good night last night and well done to Davie. Enjoy camp.
Helena hope that back is easier and take care.
Chris (Brierley) I hope everything is ok at home we miss seeing you.
Sally I hope all is as well as can be with your dad.
Malka and Linda that you both had a good nights rest and that Pereg and Loki are fit free.
Jackie I take it Millie is ok as you haven't mentioned she isn't. I hope she is.
No more Lidls today then Pat.
June I hope the finger is feeling much better now.

To everyone I have missed and I know there will be some wishing you well or trouble free and the same for furry friends.

I won't be around much later till I have done this job with mum and picked up a bottle of red when its all done. So when I am back home and poured a rather large glass I will catchup and respond.

In the mean time have a good and safe Friday.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Lynn - I'll be thinking of you today and hope this final move for your Mum runs as smoothly as possible. ((hugs)).

Not much on here today other than same old housework and a visit to the garden centre and walk the dogs of course.

I hope Loki and Pereg remained seizure free last night.

See you all later.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Morning

Good luck for today Lynn; I hope all goes smoothly and is as stress-free as possible.

Loki hasn't had any more fits but I was kept awake for ages by snoring! Not me snoring. I was going to take the children to a wildlife park today but I'm shattered. I'll have a coffee and walk Loki and see how I feel afterwards.

I hope everyone has a good day today.
x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Morning Lynn, Jenny and all who follow.

Just the usual Friday for me. Mums shopping then take it over and do her housework. I want to cut my grass as well today when I get back and have loads of washing to do.
I am still feeling absolutly shattered from the show on Wednesday, it was a very long day and I didn't get time to rest yesterday.

Lynn I hope all goes well with moving your mum.

Jenny enjoy your visit to the garden center.

I hope Pereg and Loki have had peaceful nights

Everyone else I hope your ok and all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Lynn - I'll be thinking of you today and hope this final move for your Mum runs as smoothly as possible. ((hugs)).

Not much on here today other than same old housework and a visit to the garden centre and walk the dogs of course.

I hope Loki and Pereg remained seizure free last night.

See you all later.
Morning jenny. Hope the rain holds off while walking the dogs. Enjoy your visit to the garden centre.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning

Good luck for today Lynn; I hope all goes smoothly and is as stress-free as possible.

Loki hasn't had any more fits but I was kept awake for ages by snoring! Not me snoring. I was going to take the children to a wildlife park today but I'm shattered. I'll have a coffee and walk Loki and see how I feel afterwards.

I hope everyone has a good day today.
x
Morning Linda glad to read Loki has had no more fits. Sorry about the snoring. Maybe after a quiet few minutes and a coffee you may feel like the Wildlife park. Enjoy the day whatever you decide.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:09 AM

Lynn - I will be thinking of you all day and praying that your Mum's move goes OK - and that will be the last time you and Gill will ever have to go through such a performance again.

Pereg did not have the expected second seizure yesterday but I am still on seizure watch and as such have been up since just past 4am. She was not - she followed me in here when I got up, went out for whatever and when she came in she went back to bed while I caught up with all of yesterday's online newspapers.

I am a bit disappointed that my new carpet did not arrive yesterday, but it will turn up some time - like the fish van turns up out of the blue so the blanket/carpet man turns up out of the blue. My luck the fish van will turn up today when I do not have any freezer space - and really do not need any fish - then when I do he does not appear for months.

There is a ginormous lizard outside - I hope it does not try to come in...
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning all

Going to a busy weekend, I'm on a field weekend. Taking suntan lotion, don't want to get burnt.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn, Jenny and all who follow.

Just the usual Friday for me. Mums shopping then take it over and do her housework. I want to cut my grass as well today when I get back and have loads of washing to do.
I am still feeling absolutly shattered from the show on Wednesday, it was a very long day and I didn't get time to rest yesterday.

Lynn I hope all goes well with moving your mum.

Jenny enjoy your visit to the garden center.

I hope Pereg and Loki have had peaceful nights

Everyone else I hope your ok and all have a good day.
Morning Bev another usual busy Friday for you.
I am not suprised you are still shattered from Wednesday it was very long but by the sounds of it an enjoyable day.
Try to get a rest somewhere along the way today.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Lynn - I will be thinking of you all day and praying that your Mum's move goes OK - and that will be the last time you and Gill will ever have to go through such a performance again.

Pereg did not have the expected second seizure yesterday but I am still on seizure watch and as such have been up since just past 4am. She was not - she followed me in here when I got up, went out for whatever and when she came in she went back to bed while I caught up with all of yesterday's online newspapers.

I am a bit disappointed that my new carpet did not arrive yesterday, but it will turn up some time - like the fish van turns up out of the blue so the blanket/carpet man turns up out of the blue. My luck the fish van will turn up today when I do not have any freezer space - and really do not need any fish - then when I do he does not appear for months.

There is a ginormous lizard outside - I hope it does not try to come in...
Morning Malka good news about Pereg fingers crossed it continues.
Sorry the carpet man didn't turn up hopefully today.
Ooooh keep your eye on that lizard I would would also be worried it might come in. I hope it doesn't.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:16 AM

Good luck today Lynn, not an easy day for you.

Well I'm sorry I was awol yesterday. I spent the day in the hospital with my son and his wife. He was so poorly no feeling in his left side, face drooped and twitching.
After numerous scans and tests (why didn't they do these before?) they have found 2 areas on his brain that they don't know what they are. He has been admitted and he is having an MRI today.
Needless to say we are worried to death.
I will pop in and out during the day as and when I can.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Nippy - how scary. Big hugs for today and I hope all will be okay. xxx
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »