Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 07:18 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Lynn, I do hope you've both woken up feeling more positive now that dates have been set for Gorden, let's hope it now stays this way.
June, just been catching up about Sasha (only looked at the lovely pic ) Can't you ring them with some excuse and get the low down on her. I can't believe they haven't wanted to tell you just about everything they've been up to with her, I think it's a bit rude too, but hopefully, they're being kept so busy with her they haven't got the time and things will change soon.
Sal, I do hope your o/h gives you a break today and stops his moaning and hope Tom is better.

Going to have a lovely day yet again I think, it's very calm and still out there and I'm sure it will be a day full of sunshine again.

I'm not allowed to paint the hallway yet, as Dave said he's still got a lot to do and with all the dust it's not a good idea, so he said it can be my mission for next week. That's all well and good, but I have enough to do when he's away for his 3 days, such as the washing, ironing, shopping, not to mention the slobbing around time I need

Off to the tip I think this morning with all the old carpet and rubbish that's now accumulated as Dave can't get into his garage, what with all that flooring that came yesterday, so I'll get it all out of his way, and there's a big Tesco over that way and I have loads of vouchers I haven't used yet and we need a new kettle.

Zena got Dave up at 4 am don't know why, she never gets me up, but she didn't want to go out when I got up, so hopefully, she just did it cos she can with him.

Hope all of you are well along with the doglets, and enjoy your Saturday, hopefully you've got the day off
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Morning Helena think its going to be a nice day here weather wise too.
We have woken feeling more settled Kazakhstan dates not set in stone yet but that is because Gorden wanted confirmation of his 3 days back when he returns if he doesn't get the North Lincs job which have been confirmed so now he has to reply to the powers that be as he has made up his mind to go. So if it as they say it will be around the 23rd he leaves for Kazakhstan. He says financially it would be mad not to and of course he is right but the thought of 9 weeks without him around is daunting. Financially we will be in a better place this time so I will be able to catch up with friends hopefully will have no power cut that will last for 2 days no computer breaking down and strange men lurking in the garden next door when we were in darkness after a house a bit further up the estate had been burgled a week before. So hopefully only the stress of him not being here to contend with this time around.
Just the usual here today walking Dillon, housework and washing and Gorden finishing his NL application for interview when he returns back in the UK after his travels and sorting out ready for him leaving on Tuesday. Oh and a bit of shopping to do.

June I hope you get some more solid news about how Sasha is settling in not just the pictures. This must be very difficult for you after all you went through with her and I am surprised they do not feel the need for you to know how she is doing.

Have a good Saturday all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Morning H and all

Sounds like Zena and Dillon have been talking to each other.

Enjoy your shopping trip and the unenviable trip to the dump!

All is quiet here now, now more mad scrabbling noises, thankfully.

I am about to throw myself in the bath in readiness for work, I am expecting it to be busy as it looks like it will be a lovely day. We are open until about 9pm tonight as we have hants astro coming in with their telescopes, it's been cancelled twice due to the weather. I will be getting away asap this afternoon to get my poor dogs out!

Have a good day all.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Morning everyone

Gods I'm tired this morning. Could do without being up so early. Taking cadets to do the Snowmans Rally car parking. Exciting for them, nervewracking for me cause I don't want anyone hurt.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena think its going to be a nice day here weather wise too.
We have woken feeling more settled Kazakhstan dates not set in stone yet but that is because Gorden wanted confirmation of his 3 days back when he returns if he doesn't get the North Lincs job which have been confirmed so now he has to reply to the powers that be as he has made up his mind to go. So if it as they say it will be around the 23rd he leaves for Kazakhstan. He says financially it would be mad not to and of course he is right but the thought of 9 weeks without him around is daunting. Financially we will be in a better place this time so I will be able to catch up with friends hopefully will have no power cut that will last for 2 days no computer breaking down and strange men lurking in the garden next door when we were in darkness after a house a bit further up the estate had been burgled a week before. So hopefully only the stress of him not being here to contend with this time around.
Just the usual here today walking Dillon, housework and washing and Gorden finishing his NL application for interview when he returns back in the UK after his travels and sorting out ready for him leaving on Tuesday. Oh and a bit of shopping to do.

June I hope you get some more solid news about how Sasha is settling in not just the pictures. This must be very difficult for you after all you went through with her and I am surprised they do not feel the need for you to know how she is doing.

Have a good Saturday all.
Morning Lynn, yes you did have a few trauma's of your own when Gorden last left didn't you, let alone the worry of him going walkabouts in a strange country. He won't be able to do that in Nigeria because Dave said his mate worked over there once, and you have to have an armed guard come pick you up from every destination and take you to wherever you're going, you are not allowed to walk around on your own because of the situation over there, so at least you know he'll stay safe. I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to relax and get over all this stress taking leisurely walks with Dillon in the sunshine.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H and all

Sounds like Zena and Dillon have been talking to each other.

Enjoy your shopping trip and the unenviable trip to the dump!

All is quiet here now, now more mad scrabbling noises, thankfully.

I am about to throw myself in the bath in readiness for work, I am expecting it to be busy as it looks like it will be a lovely day. We are open until about 9pm tonight as we have hants astro coming in with their telescopes, it's been cancelled twice due to the weather. I will be getting away asap this afternoon to get my poor dogs out!

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerry, glad you've cured the scrabbling noises there. Hope your cousin liked the new bathroom in the bungalow the other day too, I don't think we got to hear about it. Hope you survive your busy day there at work.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning everyone

Gods I'm tired this morning. Could do without being up so early. Taking cadets to do the Snowmans Rally car parking. Exciting for them, nervewracking for me cause I don't want anyone hurt.
Morning Lorraine, have fun at the car rally today I hope it's not too tiring standing around waving your arms about at everyone
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Morning Helena Morning all
Your so lucky that both so good at DIY your going to have a simply georgous house by the time ur finished ,I'm not safe let loose with a paint brush or hammer
Enjoy your shopping
Lynn
Glad things are looking more positive for you both ,9weeks does seem like a long time ,hopefully it will go in quickly ,and you won't have upsets to deal with when your on your own
Not sure what the weather will be today ,like yesterday I hope as it was warm /sunny ,
Not got anything planed ,no word from garage yet will phone before lunch as they only work 1/2day sat not good
News I fear
Hounds will get their long walk like yesterday
Hope all peeps and dogs are well ,or get better soon
Sorry if I've missed anyone
Have a great day all stay safe xxxxxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Morning H and all,

Sorry to bring a dampner to the morning thread, but this morning the shock has dissapeared and its hitting me hard about Kyiro. This time last week my boy had started deteriorating rapidly and I was waiting for the vets to open at 8.30 to ring them. He was still here though and I could cuddle and give him a fuss. I was still convinced he must have injured his back somehow although it was starting to enter my head it could be a stroke. What I would give to see my boy again and have another cuddle. . I think this last week I have been on auto pilot with the shock and disbelief and this time last week I certainly didn't think my boy was going to be gone in an hours time. Hopefully once I can stop thinking this time last week he was still here and with me I can move on and my day will get brighter..

Glad to hear everything is coming together for Gordon now Lynn. I will try and catch up on it all later. You will have to come visit this time and we can do something. I promise by then I will be happy again

I will pop back on later, I just need this next hour with my memories.
Take care all and have a good day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn, Moet, Lore and all who follow,

I apologise if someone posts while I'm typing this, so good morning to you too.

Helena - a trip to the tip, is that via Dunelm on the way or way back? I hope you can move an old carpet by yourself, I sure I couldnt - you'll have to chat up the lovely men at the tip to help you.

Lynn - at least Gorden's work schedule is finally being sorted and you can start to get your head around his 9 weeks absence. Just think how financially sound it is and how you'll both feel more relaxed when he is back. We'll all be here for you.

Moet - a long day in store for you today. I hope it passes uneventfully - in a nice sort of way.

Lore - A long day for you today and I'm not surprised your cadets are looking forward to it. Have fun and I hope they all stay safe.

Norma - Enjoy your walk with the dogs and I hope you hear from the garage.

My boys didn't wake me this morning so I had a good night sleep, which makes so much difference. My son's car is going in for a service today so we are about to go and drop it off - its about 10 miles away as a friend of his can do it cheaply and then back to collect it this afternoon. I'll probably take the dogs with me and my son can then drop me and the boys off a couple of miles from home and he drive my car back.

I hope any poorly dogs and humans are feeling better today. Have a good one and see you later.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Morning Helena,morning all

Foggy here this morning.

I need to pop to Tesco later,there Lamb is on offer,so that's what I am going to do for lunch tomorrow.

O/H had a rough night,and is still asleep and I am not about to wake him up

Nothing planned so hoping for a quiet day.

Have a good day all x
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »