Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2010, 09:28 PM
blimey

these bloody gas and electric salesmen that have all been knocking on my door and doors of my whole street trying to brainwash me with their holy tariffs traumatising all the children and giving all the doggies a complex.

they are a danger to society, blind people might not be able to read the numbers.

they are doing it on purpose just to wind me up.
something must be done!

i blame the archbishop of canterbury.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Somebody tried stopping me again today, I got past but my friend didn't bless her so I went back and saved her by saying all sorts to make it seem like we were together they soon left her alone .
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Basically its brainwashing pure and simple.

Sorry if i offend anyone but to me its indoctrination, i have a friend who was brought up Catholic as her mother was and her mother etc etc. My friend has two children that have been going to church since they were born - wheres the choice in that ? no sorry i don't agree with it. Look at all the Catholic countries - overpopluated and children living on rubbish dumps and street kids being exterminated like stray animals, its disgraceful.

My parents are not religeous, my brothers and i were not baptised, they said it was up to us to make our own minds up about it.
Totally agree! It is brainwashing, it must be!

I don't agree with children being indoctrinated (to me, that's what is happening) in to any religion. If they choose to become a member of a religion (or cults, as I call most of them) then they can decide for themselves when they are old enough to know.

You don't have to be a member of any religious group to have certain standards, morals and ethics. Far from it as well.

Makes me really sad that a lot of people don't seem able to think for themselves.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Ooo, I want one.
If I decide to join a protest in Glasgow on Thursday, I'll see if I can get you one. Or would you like two, one to use and one to keep?

Speaking of which, bringing the Pope to Glasgow of all places.....could be a bad move!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
That's my Christmas present list sorted then. Classy!
Yep, I think that's just about everything covered now!
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I am a Christian and think everyone is free to make their own mind up and certainly the anti-religious people are not immune from "ramming their beliefs down people's throats".

We had posters displayed on the buses in Norwich saying "There probably isn't a God so stop worrying"!
I don't think that the bus campaign was 'ramming their beliefs downs people's throats.

Taken from the atheist bus site http://www.atheistbus.org.uk/faq/ here's the reason why the campaign started.

How did the Atheist Bus Campaign start?

The campaign began when comedy writer Ariane Sherine saw an advert on a London bus featuring the Bible quote, “When the Son of Man comes, will He find Faith on this Earth?” [sic]. A website URL ran underneath the quote, and when Sherine visited the site she learned that, as a non-believer, she would be “condemned to everlasting separation from God and then spend all eternity in torment in hell”.

Unsettled that religious groups were allowed to advertise websites which warned that the non-religious would face torture at the end of their lives, Sherine pitched and began to write a comment piece for The Guardian’s Cif (Comment is free) website, called Atheists – Gimme Five. As part of her research for the piece, she called the Advertising Standards Authority, but was told that the website advertised wasn’t part of their remit. At the end of her article, keen to suggest a solution, she proposed:

[if all atheists reading this] contribute £5, it’s possible that we can fund a much-needed atheist London bus ad with the slogan: “There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and [enjoy] your life.”

----
There were some complaints about the advert but when the Christian bus ads were run as a counter-response there were many more, in fact more than any other non-bradcast advert ever.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 08:29 AM
My best friend is a Jehovah's witness, she occasionally brings up God etc, and I remind her of my views, and that's fine.

I am not happy that not only do tax payers have to pay for the Pope's visit, but unless you're with a 'pilgrim leader' ie a Catholic, you can't see him, so we can't even go and see him if we'd like to but we still have to pay for the Catholics to?? Queen Elizabeth wouldn't travel to Rome, say that only protestants can go and see her, but she's going to preach against the laws that are set down by the country, and then charge the Catholics for the pleasure would she?

I am a little sick of Jehovah's witness' around here, on a Sunday morning we got woken up at 8am (our one lie in), which obviously woke the dogs up, shockingly, I didn't want to hear about the 'word of God'. Also, if you're polite to them and tell them you don't believe in their beliefs etc they always come back with bibles to show you things. REALLY annoys me.

My mother invited a pair in one day, they stayed with her for hours. My mother was a very unwell lady when she was alive, and had loads of operations, blood transfusions etc....I have no idea what she said to them, but they left and as they did they said "thank you very much for your time, I think we're going to have to have a long hard think about our beliefs". Unfortunately most JW, are still brainwashed as young children. My step son is at a church school, and he believes everything is fact, there is a heaven and a God etc, he's autistic so personally religion is not a positive thing for someone like him, he would easily be brainwashed. He's not going to a church high school.

One final thing. It was on the news this morning that the area of the country which has the poorest performing police authority, Nottingham, is facing further budget cuts of £45 million, yet we waste sooooo much on the Pope coming to Britain?

Anyone who wants to see him is welcome to....go to Rome.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
My best friend is a Jehovah's witness, she occasionally brings up God etc, and I remind her of my views, and that's fine.

I am not happy that not only do tax payers have to pay for the Pope's visit, but unless you're with a 'pilgrim leader' ie a Catholic, you can't see him, so we can't even go and see him if we'd like to but we still have to pay for the Catholics to?? Queen Elizabeth wouldn't travel to Rome, say that only protestants can go and see her, but she's going to preach against the laws that are set down by the country, and then charge the Catholics for the pleasure would she?

I am a little sick of Jehovah's witness' around here, on a Sunday morning we got woken up at 8am (our one lie in), which obviously woke the dogs up, shockingly, I didn't want to hear about the 'word of God'. Also, if you're polite to them and tell them you don't believe in their beliefs etc they always come back with bibles to show you things. REALLY annoys me.
My mother invited a pair in one day, they stayed with her for hours. My mother was a very unwell lady when she was alive, and had loads of operations, blood transfusions etc....I have no idea what she said to them, but they left and as they did they said "thank you very much for your time, I think we're going to have to have a long hard think about our beliefs". Unfortunately most JW, are still brainwashed as young children. My step son is at a church school, and he believes everything is fact, there is a heaven and a God etc, he's autistic so personally religion is not a positive thing for someone like him, he would easily be brainwashed. He's not going to a church high school.

One final thing. It was on the news this morning that the area of the country which has the poorest performing police authority, Nottingham, is facing further budget cuts of £45 million, yet we waste sooooo much on the Pope coming to Britain?

Anyone who wants to see him is welcome to....go to Rome.
We have a family of JW's that knock here, mum, dad and two young children, they knock at the most inappropriate times. I madethe mistake of sparing the time to talk to them because i can't bring myself to be rude to get rid of them, they obviously saw it as some kind of weakness because they knock here a lot. Its got to the stage where i am worried about opening the door in case its them. Sometimes i just don't answer the door at all.

I don't agree with dragging young children around peoples doors either, poor kids probably don't have any childhood, its nor natural, they should be having fun.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
If I decide to join a protest in Glasgow on Thursday, I'll see if I can get you one. Or would you like two, one to use and one to keep?

Speaking of which, bringing the Pope to Glasgow of all places.....could be a bad move!
If you could get me 1 that would be brilliant thanks.

Have fun protesting if you decide to join it. If only I was in the area, and didn't have a meeting to go to...*Sighs*

I'm sure he'll have plenty of security, that'll make sure he's quite safe.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
We have a family of JW's that knock here, mum, dad and two young children, they knock at the most inappropriate times. I madethe mistake of sparing the time to talk to them because i can't bring myself to be rude to get rid of them, they obviously saw it as some kind of weakness because they knock here a lot. Its got to the stage where i am worried about opening the door in case its them. Sometimes i just don't answer the door at all.

I don't agree with dragging young children around peoples doors either, poor kids probably don't have any childhood, its nor natural, they should be having fun.
That reminds me of another documentary I watched also on channel 4 I think, called "baby bible bashers".

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfajN...has_verified=1

It makes me both sad and extremely angry, (understatement of the century) to see people being indoctrinated so young, and in something that has I'm sorry to say, no credible evidence to back it up, just a series of books some of which contradict each other, and themselves. If you're ready to believe in that as fact, then you might as well believe that Harry Potter exists in reality as well.
Page 6 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »