Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Actually, I'm watching it now!
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-09-2010, 02:43 PM
not sure how many siblings Jesus had. Some say he had four brothers based on their interpretation of scripture.

If i remember rightly the cotholic church though denies he had any siblings

My interpretation is tha the bible clearly states he had at least four brothers and at least two sisters.

here is a bit of the gospel according to Mark (chapter 6)on which i base my conclusion.

Jesus Rejected at Nazareth
1 Then He went out from there and came to His own country, and His disciples followed Him. 2 And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, “Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands! 3 Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” So they were offended at Him.
4 But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house.” 5 Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. 6 And He marveled because of their unbelief. Then He went about the villages in a circuit, teaching.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Could be worse - imagine having door-to-door selling of these select items:

Anyone fancy a flashing candle or a Benedictaphone then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11278500
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Can't be doing with folk who try push their beliefs on others, knocking on doors, handing out leaflets etc. There is far too much money, corruption and war involved in so called 'religion'. If it helps folk and doesn't do any harm than that's good, each to their own. I hug and talk to trees often, but don't go around trying to get others to do the same
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Could be worse - imagine having door-to-door selling of these select items:

Anyone fancy a flashing candle or a Benedictaphone then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11278500

I want a Pope-on-a-rope!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-22557964/
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I used to job share with a man who was an evangelical born again christian, when I came in for my shift it used to take me ages to calm the staff down he was telling the muslin girls he'd get them promoted if they went to his church etc (he'd have had a job on by the way I was responsible for hiring and firing lol)
The MD called him into his office and warned him to which he replied "My god is bigger than you" said MD told him he hoped his pay rate was good cause he was fired!!!!
Made my day at the time he used to share an office and every afternoon I had to take down his religious rubbish and replace it with the target sheets etc.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 05:04 PM
That's my Christmas present list sorted then. Classy!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post

I want a Pope-on-a-rope!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-22557964/
Ooo, I want one.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Basically its brainwashing pure and simple.

Sorry if i offend anyone but to me its indoctrination, i have a friend who was brought up Catholic as her mother was and her mother etc etc. My friend has two children that have been going to church since they were born - wheres the choice in that ? no sorry i don't agree with it. Look at all the Catholic countries - overpopluated and children living on rubbish dumps and street kids being exterminated like stray animals, its disgraceful.

My parents are not religeous, my brothers and i were not baptised, they said it was up to us to make our own minds up about it.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 07:04 PM
I am a Christian and think everyone is free to make their own mind up and certainly the anti-religious people are not immune from "ramming their beliefs down people's throats".

We had posters displayed on the buses in Norwich saying "There probably isn't a God so stop worrying"!

I am not a Catholic and don't understand how just a man can have so much power over people's lives-found the t.v programme upsetting showing so many children being bought up in poverty because of views about contraception. However, many church members do lots of voluntary work in their communities to help others such as Mums and tots, youthwork etc. Our church is in a very poor area and with government cutbacks if voluntary organisations stopped doing things they would be missed by a lot of people in this area.
Page 5 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »