Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 08:34 AM

13 yr old boy is Father

Have a look at this story in the paper.

It is obviously made worse by the fact the boy looks about 8, but this really shocked me!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2233878.ece
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm gobsmacked
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Dear oh dear oh dear. Children themselves.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 09:14 AM
I heard this on the radio driving to work and it made me very uneasy thinking that someone so young was in a s*xual relationship - she too was under 16.

Why are our children determined to group up so quickly???

What can we do to avoid such things?

My eldest is going through body changes and that is scaring me enough as it is - next will be periods - she is 11. No boys on the horizon yet but her friends have all had boyfriendsd eek!

One thing is he intends to be a good father - but two children raising a baby isn't going to be easy is it.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 09:21 AM
I actually feel slightly sick reading that article
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 09:23 AM
oh dear. thats so sad. i wish them luck but whats going to happen when the lad wants to go out with his mates, and the babys mum wnats him to help with the baby. teenage temper tantrums ????
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Excuse me while I go and puke. That is just replusive.

What is a 12 year old kid doing having sex?

I noticed both parties involved where living off benefits. What a sad country we live it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 09:37 AM
How very very sad, they have no idea of how this is going to effect the rest of their lives.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 10:02 AM
I work with kids and I have frequently got to tell them to tell them that what they are wearing is inappropriate - suggestive words on tops, sexy little skirts and low cut tops for 7-year olds, earrings, high heels, makeup etc. at an age when these ways of attracting the opposite sex should just NOT be used. I sometimes feel like saying to parents - your child looks like a t*rt. So why are we surprised when these sexualised children who are exposed to `adult` entertainment and suggestive adverts all their lives copy the adults who are their role models?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Excuse me while I go and puke. That is just replusive.

What is a 12 year old kid doing having sex?

I noticed both parties involved where living off benefits. What a sad country we live it.
Sorry but what does living on benefits have to do with it.
I am single and on benefits and my daughter is 17 has a boyfriend but says there is no way she is ready for sex yet, she is putting her college study and future carreer first. She wants to be a lawyer.
She is in studying straight from college every night and sees her boyfriend here on a Friday evening when he comes back from college with her, they also meet up at college as he is there too. She has values in life and respect to herself.
I know children from well to do families that are sleeping around smoking and taking drugs as well as those from poorer families.
Its the values they are taught not the income of a family. I get so fed up of everyone tarring people on benefits with the same brush. many of us are on benefit for different reasons, mine is because of my health, not that it is anybodys concern as to the reason.
Anyway I feel it is very sad that the parents have not been there for these children giving them self respect and teaching them to value themselves.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »