View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Personally I think you should let the cats and Diesel settle into "normal" life for a good few months. Although i cant see any major issues with a pup, I think the cats might see it as a smaller dog to chase and harrass them just as they thought things were safe again.

My opinion only.
Dawn.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 08:26 PM
I think that what youngstevie said about waiting until the pup is at the right age to leave. Then make the decision bearing in mind how it is at home regarding fretting, if that's still evident then I would but it's up to you I'm sure that whatever you decide will be in the best interests for all. just wait and see hun and see how you feel then ok?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I think that what youngstevie said about waiting until the pup is at the right age to leave. Then make the decision bearing in mind how it is at home regarding fretting, if that's still evident then I would but it's up to you I'm sure that whatever you decide will be in the best interests for all. just wait and see hun and see how you feel then ok?
Waiting untill the pup is ready to leave may leave that puppy without a home to go to at the right time, breeders do not want to be messed about like that, they need homes for their pups, not be let down at the last minute.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Waiting untill the pup is ready to leave may leave that puppy without a home to go to at the right time, breeders do not want to be messed about like that, they need homes for their pups, not be let down at the last minute.
I agree hun, but I wasn't suggesting that they told the breeder they would have one I was suggesting that they waited until the pups were ready to leave and if there was one left then great, if not well...... but anyway it would seem the the breeders has been willing to earmark one, which is exceptionally nice of them .
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Good luck with your decision Jules x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh that just makes the decision worse, how can you resist that face. Glad I'm not in your shoes.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
sorry I didn't put that so well. What I meant has already been said. I should have said get in touch with the breeder and explain the situation and see if they can help out. Borderdawn. . . I did not mean to say leave the breeder hanging I would never do that I' sure peeps here understood what I mean't.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Nobody panic!!!!!

The breeder knows the situation and has agreed to help us out, she has a huge waiting list anyway (always has) so pup will not be without a home if we decide not to take him.

We are not going to rush into a decision, thing is we know we will want to get another dog at some stage and she said she is quite happy to let us have him on a trial basis and if things get off to a bad start we have our answer.

Its in the hands of fate now. If its meant to be it will, if not well then it wont
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I agree hun, but I wasn't suggesting that they told the breeder they would have one I was suggesting that they waited until the pups were ready to leave and if there was one left then great, if not well...... but anyway it would seem the the breeders has been willing to earmark one, which is exceptionally nice of them .
sorry I didn't put that so well. What I meant has already been said. I should have said get in touch with the breeder and explain the situation and see if they can help out. Borderdawn. . . I did not mean to say leave the breeder hanging I would never do that I' sure peeps here understood what I mean't.
Sorry for the confusion folks, I was just thinking out loud again.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3