View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 10:12 PM
its so sad to think theres children out there who think their dads dont love them - and they just arent getting the chance to
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 10:15 PM
well.. thanks to my parents im against marriage completely. They made that one mistake.. and even tho my dad wasnt stopped from seeing me and brothers.. theyd continuously slag each other off to us sayin how bad the other one was etc. Which is really sad.. cos my bros hate my mum now

I think parents shud always be able to see their kids.. unless its for their own protection.
Like my bro has a kid now.. and he has nearly split from his gf so many times, but at least she has always said he can see her.
U have to make it easy on the kids.. cos its jus not fair
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 10:17 PM
yep i agree the kids have no choice you have to make the right ones for them! thats part of parenting and its not always easy
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 10:20 PM
It's back down to control again. No parent should ever slag of the other one to thier kids. Children should be able to make up thier own minds, without the influence of parents
Tessa
Dogsey Junior

14-09-2004, 11:08 AM
I don't agree that children have the right to make up their own mind in relation to any contact they may have with their absent parent until such time as the child is able to demonstrate a maturity and understanding of what is going on around them.

I accept that there are a number of parents who play games and unfortunately the child/ren are in the middle. Is this the case for all and sundry. We listen to fathers who want justice but the question is do we ever know what has gone on between the parents to make a mother feel that the best course of action is for the children to have little or no contact with their father or vice versa if children are with dad.

Tessa
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 11:12 AM
but surely all kids have a right to know both of their parents so they can make their own minds up? I agree their is some circumastances where one or both parents are definitley not good for their kids but a lot of these fathers just have jealous or controlling ex wives who punish the kids for their fathers mistakes towards the wife. If my hubby had an affai then he would be out of the door beofre he could try to apologise and my heart would want to punish him by keeping the kids he adores away from him but would never do this.
Tessa
Dogsey Junior

14-09-2004, 11:24 AM
KatyB

In an ideal world the answer has to be yes the children have a right to a relationship with both parents.

Hyperthetically lets say parents split as dad has found a new partner in his life. Mum feels betrayed hurt annoyed and her emotions run high. Dad is now living with new lady in his life. Children have right to have relationship with him. Not a problem here.

However, dad is dad loves his children but wants two weeks after separation to introduce children to new lady. Cracks start appearing. Is it in the best interests of the children for their to be contact when dad is dictating pace so quickly. Mum tries to explain to dad that children just want some time with him and that not only is it hard for her to cope with a new woman in his life the children are finding it hard. Dad does not understand this because he loves his children and they love him. Result children dont see dad.

One of the difficulties I feel in respect of contact between children and their absent parent is that as adults we fail to see what is going on through the eyes of a child who at the end of the day this little individual is a child not a mini adult. In some cases I suspect that if the parents were able to let the dust settle and were able to take ten steps back and view matters for what they really are with the help of people trained in the area of dealing with adults/children then there would be prospect for contact being re-introduced without the need for parents to instigate proceedings.

Tessa
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Tessa I totally agree with you.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 12:31 PM
yes tessa i do agree as well! i just hope and pray that if my hubby and i ever split we would both act like responsible parents and if not i would just smack him in the gob!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2004, 12:40 PM
kay I don't ever want to upset u, I might get smacked in the gob!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >