Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:34 PM

Justice for fathers

anyone seen the news with the supporters/fathers dressed up as batman on the Palace?

I think its so sad these dads have to go to these lengths to see their own children
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:36 PM
i know its sad and i dont know all the details but my kids made me laugh as my 8yr old (who is very naieve) said is that the real batman? My 9yr old who thinks he is so mature and cool laughed out loud and i thought oh he is going to say to 8yr old there isnt a real batman and instead turned round and said ' as if the real batman would do that he doesnt have any kids!' I had to leave the room to giggle but felt safe in the knowledge that my big boy is still my little baby really!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Me too Lel

The one thing I've never done is deprive my children of seeing thier father.

What gets me the most is the fact that a majority of kids are pawns in thier parents pathetic games
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:44 PM
I would never stop my kids seeing their dad if we split. At the end of the day whatever happens between you and him that should stay between you and him. He could be a lousy husband but he has a right to be a good father as much as you have. At the end of the day if he was that much of a twerp then the kids will see it for themselves in time but thats their dad so its their choice. No kid will thank there mother in the long run for denying them their father. My dad died the day after my first birthday so i never got the chance to get to know him and am so glad my kids have a father as i have really missed out on having one so would never deny a child their dad
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:44 PM
I can understand those mothers who want to protect their children from abusive and violent fathers but not those who are simply trying to get back at the fathers because the mothers are themsleves hurt and upset.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:47 PM
my half brother hasnt seen his daughter for 8yrs and he has spent thousands on court costs and lawyers and in the end he was advised to give up. He sends her cards and presents every xmas and birthdays and is saving money for her and he is just hoping that she will contact him when she is old enough to make her own decisions. I will adfmit he wasnt the best partner to her mother but as always been a caring father!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:50 PM
sometimes we have to put aside our own feelings for ex partners and think about the children-

I know I found it hard when my ex got a new partner but now thankfully all is fine - the boys can see their dad whenever
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:57 PM
i think people have to be very mature and think with their heads and not their hearts which is easier said than done
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
I can understand those mothers who want to protect their children from abusive and violent fathers but not those who are simply trying to get back at the fathers because the mothers are themsleves hurt and upset.
Unfortunatly, a majority of mums do just that, get back at the fathers and the one's that suffer are the kids
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2004, 09:58 PM
i think in most cases where the dad is a completely unfit father he wouldnt even bother trying to get access anyway
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >