Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2017, 07:34 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday 10th September

Good morning all,

I hope you are all ok this morning. I ought to be attempting the breadmaker again but am not sure whether to or not.

Well at least it is dry this morning not sure how long it will last.

Have a good day all, I hope you all achieve what you have planned. Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well.
God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

I have varying results in my bread maker Moyra. Give it another go before you give u p completely.

Hope you get all your projects achieved today Harvey.

Lynn do hope your leak is now repaired and you get the bedroom painted tomorrow.

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked and planning my day. Must collect all the acorns off the lawn and then I can put autumn lawn stuff on it. Also want to make a sticky malt loaf so will see what happens

Hope everyone, two and four legged, are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Morning all.....i overslept!! my mobile went at just before 11am, it was my mum checking i was o.k, i said it's only before 10 why are you calling....if i haven't called by 10.30 they call me....whoops!!! no wonder dakota was doing her nut, i woke up at 7 and must have fallen back to sleep Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Morning just. Moyra, Sue, griff and all who follow.

Damp weather again today. Still mustn't complain as nothing near to what some are suffering.
We are off out later to meet Michael and Margaret for coffee and cake said we would treat him as it is his birthday tomorrow.
Gorden been out and got the u bend and is now under the bath with his head torch on fitting it. Fingers crossed this stops the drip, drip, drip.

Moyra have another go at the bread machine sometimes I find it's me wrong programme or missed an ingredient out. Hope it comes out well if you decide to have another go.
Sue you need a pig to clear the acorns.
griff glad you managed a lie in. Bit of a shock the way you were woken though.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2017, 11:40 AM
I know pigs like acorns but I wouldn't have a garden left to worry about either

Hope Gorden has managed to fix the leak Lynn

Good for you having a lie in you obviously needed it Griff.

Lawn swept, autumn feed applied, with strict instructions to Barry not to let Teazle out on her own but on a lead until I say so. Malt loaf and dinner in oven. Thats it for the day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2017, 12:04 PM
That is a very good point Sue, you would have a swamp.

Leak not fixed now discovered what the problem is. The reason the previous part was cross threaded is because when you try to screw the plastic nut it has to go downwards as the bath leg is in the way. So another one of their not very clever diy projects.
Gorden is tomorrow going to have to buy a length of plastic pipe and route it along the bottom of the bath so the u bend can be screwed on properly in a straight fashion.
So he thinks that drip has been there since the day installed it years ago and last weekend it got to the point where it had backed up enough to come through the wall in the hall at a lower level.
Shouldn't take to long to do tomorrow then we can cross that off our list and know another job has been fixed properly ready for whoever buys in the future.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2017, 01:08 PM
OMG Lynn, that house hasn't half tried your ingenuity and patience. Every single thing is a botch up job isn't it.
Raining off and on here, was going to training with Zen but had really bad stomach pains this morning, went back to bed as I was feeling so rough. I don't think going to training is a good idea really, have everything ready, but not really the day to be stood out in the rain for an hour on an open field. Hate not turning up, its rare for me to give it a miss. Girls have been really good, they don't understand why we haven't been out, but have accepted it, had a bone each and have gone to sleep instead.
Yes Sue, the garden would be a swamp if you had pigs to eat the acorn, but think of the pork crackling you'd get as the end product
Griff, you must have needed the sleep, you do have nights on the run when you don't sleep well, so catch up time for you this morning.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Oh no TW, hope you feel better soon and wise to stay home if you aren't well
Lynn, i think i would have hunted down the old owners and asked did they do it themselves or was it cowboys
Sue, shame acorns aren't really useful to us humans...would be o.k if they were like cobnuts
Have put flea treatment on the dogs..hate doing it and only do it rarely, one of the blocks of flats has a flea problem...i think you all remember me helping the fella out and then him just going back to usual and drinking his money and leaving the cat to get fleas again??....well, i am not risking my 2 getting fleas Lol, i talk to a couple of the ladies and both have flea bites on their legs, one lady did have a dog but he never had fleas...she couldn't risk him getting them as he had a flea allergy so she used to have to send him to stay with her mum...he has now passed away so deffo not the source of the fleas, she has treated her flat again but has put down for a move as she has had enough...not only has he caused a flea infestation, he goes out drinking and then messes himself...both types! he will often do it on the bus and when he gets off the bus he can often be seen weeing his way all the way up the steps and into the block....everyone is sick to death of him, the block is filthy and smelly and one lot who came to look at buying a place reported it to the housing! My friend has 2 grandchildren and she can't have them visit her as she is so embarassed by the state of the place and doesn't want the kids running the risk of seeing a man with his bits out weeing...quite understandable
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Yuk Griff, thats disgusting, why aren't social services on the job as well as the RSPCA or Cats Protection, poor things I feel so sorry for them. Can't stand the thought of them being uncared for and unhappy. doesn't take much to keep clean does it really, can't stand the girls being dirty, I clean out 3 times a day because I know they don't like to be dirty either.
Glad I followed my instincts because its bluddy raining, again. Staying where I am, I do have jobs to do, and want to do them, but at the moment the pains have gone, and I want it to stay like that
I need to go and check Zen actually, if she or Kesh are lay out in the rain I may murder them. Lona and Mabs have sense and stay out of it, but not those two!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2017, 03:22 PM
The fella has mental problems....he has apparently the mental age of an 11 year old but we all know he is a lot smarter than people give him credit for....i learnt that! The housing don't care as long as they get their rent and the attitude is very much if you don't like it....move! Everyone who gets the bus looks to see where he's been sat as nobody wants his seat lol.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >