Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 06:26 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 10th September

Good Morning everyone, What a relief the wandering minstrel has returned. Typical male though off wandering at leisure thinking of nothing of those worrying left behind. seriously though LG you did have us worried but so pleased to find you are ok.

June, poor Lona, hope she goes on ok and you can get her some more painkillers.

Lynn, hope you get some news of your car and soon have it back with you.

Griff, hope both you and Steve are feeling better this morning and things are settling down for Molly now.

Brenda, hope you are feeling more chirpy this morning and the training goes well.

Barry, Sue has spoken so just get on with it and make a good job of it as is your custom.

Norma, hope all is well with you. Harvey, hope Lara is still settling in well and her and Casey are now the best of friends.

Well must get Amber out we are due for lashings of rain all day today. Lets hope they are wrong. Steve is going to work at last and I shall be able to get on with some housework.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God Bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2016, 07:02 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
We already have the lashing here on Norfolk. We are hoping it will slow down soon to get Dillon out for a stroll.

Good to see you LG and know that you and the mem are well and have had a nice Summer. I am not surprised that you borrowed an email to join LG.
June hope Lona is feeling better today and that the check up goes well.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends and that you have a nice Saturday.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2016, 08:45 AM
today so far bolted the timber down and fixed so it is solid against the tree. I had to block a bit to shift it slightly off the tree to give clearance so just got to wait for panels to come. once this return section is up and fixed down then I will start on the front part.

spacer timber block shown and everything levelled up ready for panel. It is so hot I am sweating like a pig, even doing that amount

Sue has taken down the runner bean plants and save a few pods for next year
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 09:41 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope the rain stops soon for you Lynn and Dillon get a nice walk.

Also hope you have managed to doge the rain with Ambrs walk.

So pleased to see you Gordon and pleased you and the mem have had a good summer doing what you want. Look forward to the saga when you have the time. Good luck at the show.

Hope all four and two legged are well and that Lona get the all clear at the vets today.

Lovely here this morning with sun although I think we are due rain this afternoon. As Barry said he is busy with the fencing and I have taken down the beans. Have also dug over that patch and also pulled and blanched the last of the carrots

Have a good day and stay safe.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 09:43 AM
Morning all: peeing down here, but the bullocks in the field below our bedroom window are enjoying a nice refreshing shower and their grass is greening up nicely. Our wildflower meadowgrass lawn looks sparkling and much happier! We shall be scything it soon, allowing the flowers to dry off and we then toss it all with a pitchfork to distribute the seeds and then dispose of what's left. It isn't a very large area but I'm tempted to make hay from it as there are no poisonous plants in there and it would be handy to have a sack or two of hay for any rescued wildlife that may end up in my care!

So sorry to hear about Lona, June. Hope she is a bit brighter today. Let me know how she is - I hope you are not wearing yourself out coping with looking after her and the rest of the Norty Pack!

Went to the pub last night with Ben to drown my sorrows. My mother's house completed yesterday and I drove up there first thing to take a card, a bottle of champagne and some flowers for the new owners. It was devastating saying goodbye for the last time, it is such a beautiful place, but hopefully the new people will keep in touch - they have been terribly kind and said that my brother can go back every year to lay flowers on Mum and Dad's stone in the rose garden. Mike, in typical fashion, can't see what all the fuss is about, and just says think of the money ... I would give up every penny of it to be able to have lived there, but he didn't want to ... selfish git!

Have a good day everyone x nikki x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2016, 09:43 AM
Morning to those who have followed. Very wet walk.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Well Good Morning all.

Heavy rain here and through the night too, yesterday brought a few clearance plants in big pots 50 each,3 grasses and 3 lavender now got to sort out where they go got a good idea though.
Run Cass round the block already twice as the fields will be saturated. She is now asleep well dozing on the sofa.

My plan today is pop and get a few bits of shopping and then back home, having cod in tempura batter, mash, peas with parsley sauce for dinner tonight.Including some live food fo the fish in the tank. Do about a 50%change of the tank water.

Glad all those MIA have returned to the fold and hope everyone is well, hope Lona is a lot better too.

TW That sectioning off with trellis to hide the bins etc is s a good one, looks like its coming on well too.

Really enjoying the tv series Victoria.

Looking at booking a Christmas break which apparently has a name the time between Christmas and New Year is called Twixmas. I never knew that.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Gnasher

I would think your parents would be happy you are happy and where ever you live memories are with you forever.

Do you have any pictures of your wildflower meadow lawn as I am considering that. Did you buy as wildflower turf or do seeds???? and when did you do it?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2016, 10:15 AM
P.S I need to post quicker when I started my first post only Moyra Lynn and TW had posted.

Morning to all those who have followed and yet to follow off out now. Making a dash to the car before the heavens open again. We have a heavy drizzle at the moment.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2016, 10:32 AM
We had heavy rain here yesterday evening and all through the night, dry and the sun trying to come out now.
Vet very pleased with Lona's progress, says she is healing really well and is surprised how quick her mouth has come on.
No biopsy results till later in the week but he will ring me when they come in. She has to go for a check up again in a week and the stitches come out, unless she is showing signs of them pulling. Still not out of the woods because he says although he is really happy with the progress in her mouth, he is 50/50 about whether it was a tumour because it was a mess, having said that he says now it has done so well so quickly he is inclined to think maybe not. Got a few Tramadol for her over the next couple of days because I can tell she is in pain and he agrees, another £10 odd, hey ho, she can spend it that girl can
Very glad LG wasn't in the Co-op after all and just having a life. Was thinking maybe he had no internet access and was doing what he does and enjoying it, and my concern wasn't necessary.
Somehow got to get girls out for at least a short walk round, with it being Saturday I can't load them in the car and take them to the field as A) there is more than likely a match on and B) It may end badly
Think they're going to have to come through the kitchen in 2's, will get Lona for a walk round first and then I'm to give her some of the Loxicam in a bit of something, then the Tramadol later. Hoping once she's had a stroll and inspected everywhere to make sure its not changed since this morning she will not want to join them, but I think I am whistling in the dark here
Nikki, the man is an @rsehole, and lots of hugs from me and the girlies. You're welcome anytime you know that
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >