View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 10:48 PM

Raised spot/lump on puppy's nose, should I be worried?

Was checking Griffin over this evening and found a tiny lump on the side of his muzzle, in the middle of his whiskers up toward his cheek. I'm sure it wasn't there a couple of days ago but when I comb him, atm every other day, I have to say I don't go near his face so could have been brewing for a while and has just become noticable. He's only 16 weeks and seems to be sprouting whiskers like they're going out of fashion so I was thinking it might just be one that hadn't broken through yet, don't know if that's possible? Or could the folicle have an infection? He lets me put pressure on it and isn't bothered by me poking and prodding the area around it, there doesn't seem to be anything under the skin and looks like a greyish coloured whitehead that a person could get. I'm sure I'm just being a bit paranoid but never had anything like this previously so if anyone could reassure me or has any advice/comment that would be great. Sorry for the long, rambly post. Thanks.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2010, 06:26 AM
It doesn't sound like it's anything serious, TBH. Keep an eye on it (I know you will......) and if it develops into anything horrid looking, then a vet visit might be in order.