Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ashley00
New Member!
Female 

12-10-2017, 12:18 PM

Senior labrador lethargic, no answers at vet

I'm looking for any advice. We have a 13-year-old lab who has been through a few types of cancer (mast, mammary) about 3 years ago. She underwent chemo and has been fine ever since.

This weekend we went away for my birthday and she was fine, acting her usual happy self. Yesterday AM, the morning after we got back, she wouldn't eat, was lethargic and a little trembly. We took her to the emergency vet later that night because she hadn't gotten better. They ran x-rays, blood tests and urine tests. Two weeks ago she had a UTI, but those symptoms got better with antibiotics. We're still waiting for the results of the bloodwork, but her x-rays all came back fine (no enlarged organs, no lung masses, etc). The vet saw a lot of gas and thought it could be just gas, but this AM she is even more reluctant to move. We got her to eat a few bites of chicken, but that's it. I'm don't want her to suffer, but I don't know what to do without any answers. It all happened so quickly. Any advice (or good vibes) would be much appreciated.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Wondering if she is producing red blood cells, perhaps her bone marrow is compromised?? Blood test will show their levels so you'll know soon