View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2009, 07:55 PM

I seem only to come on here for advice but..................

Hi again guys,

Our gorgeous little Rubemeister was ill with a skin infection a couple of months ago and needed two courses of antibiotics.

She took them as any strong little soldieress would with no problems. While she was at the 'Ruby doctor' they emptied her anal glands and said she was fine but...............she's irritated still with her 'bits area'. (God why am I so embarassed to say what I mean)? She's frontlined and wormed regularly and her groomer emptied her glands again just last week!

Why is she still 'having a go'??
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi,

Please don't feel embarrassed to either ask a direct question or come here for advice. that's what we're all here for and I've asked for advice before too, most recently haivng a lot of very kind support for everyone.

Re Ruby's bits - it could be that she has another infection that's irritating her in that particular area. HAve you checked her bits? Looked for any inflammation or sore skin around the area? is she able to toilet as normal and with the same frequency as before? How old is she? Is she old enough to start coming into season? Has there been iritation since her skiin infection cleared up or is it a more recent occurrence?

I'm not a vet nor am I an expert on doggy health matters but if it worries you and you can't pinpoint why her bits are bothering her still, then call your vet for advice.

Laura xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Is she peeing more than normal?

as with humans, certain anti-biotics can encourage cystisis which will make her really uncomfortable 'down there'.