Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 09:03 AM

whelping kit

we are on day 53 here and i would like to know if i have missed anything out of my whelping kit
i have, whelping box and 4 vetbedding, pig railsx4, loads of newspaper, thermometer, stethoscope, blunt scissors, disposable gloves, ky jelly, scales,note pad, small towelsx8, iodine, cafine pills(i dont like tea/coffee)
can anyone let me know if ive missed anything out, i know she has over a week left but i dont want to be rushing about at the last minute

thanks
kerrie
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 09:14 AM
camera
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 09:17 AM
oh yeah, must remember to charge batteries for digi cam
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Hot water bottle to put the puppies on while mum is busy with the next one,
The vets phone number,
for emergency use ..puppy milk and a feeder/eye dropper
Good luck
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 09:27 AM
oh yeah i dont have a hot water bottle, will get one this week, i have vets number day and night on the phone,
i dont have puppy milk though i will have to get some ordered(i hope i dont need to use it though)
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 09:34 AM
I always have Nutri drops and Dopram V drops, clamps incase you need to cut the cords if mum doesn't manage on her own............and I always have a prem baby bottle and welpi for emergencies!

Heat pad, or lamp etc. good luck!
Meg
Supervisor

07-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
I always have Nutri drops and Dopram V drops, clamps incase you need to cut the cords if mum doesn't manage on her own............and I always have a prem baby bottle and welpi for emergencies!

Heat pad, or lamp etc. good luck!
No news yet CC ....I thought it was this week!!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi ................oh yes, sorry been a bit tied up, we have 2 litters of 6 pups, I posted about Poppy's under pictures.......Jasmine had her's on Thursday, we have 4 boys 2 girl, sadly another little girl was still born. One of the boy pups is giving me a bit of concern at the moment, he's a bit rattley chest and not feeding, but we've now got him on Synulox drops, although he's not suckling from Jasmine, he will take some from the bottle, so I will carry on this way and hope he picks up soon. He still seems quite lively in himself, so it's just a matter of waiting for the AB's to kick in! and hope he picks up.
Meg
Supervisor

07-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
Hi ................oh yes, sorry been a bit tied up, we have 2 litters of 6 pups, I posted about Poppy's under pictures.......Jasmine had her's on Thursday, we have 4 boys 2 girl, sadly another little girl was still born. One of the boy pups is giving me a bit of concern at the moment, he's a bit rattley chest and not feeding, but we've now got him on Synulox drops, although he's not suckling from Jasmine, he will take some from the bottle, so I will carry on this way and hope he picks up soon. He still seems quite lively in himself, so it's just a matter of waiting for the AB's to kick in! and hope he picks up.
Congratulations CC missed that hope you manage to save the little one
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2005, 06:00 PM
red bull and coffee to stay awake...honest it works for me
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >