Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mossford
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2005, 05:54 PM

Is she pregnant or not???

My daughter has had her jack russell staying with her in a kennell on campus since January. Because of her studying I don't get to see her much. She has rang today to say that about 3 weeks ago Sally got locked with another JRT, now Tor's always said that this dog was neterured. So the question is can a dog still lock with a female even if he's been done? and if so how do we know if the deed has been done. Tor says that Sally's teats are swollen and she seems to like more food. Now I have not seen Sally myself but what are the signs we should be looking for and is it a 9 week gestation before puppies. Sally is 10 months old and this is her first season.
Advice please, and be gentle with me.

Thanks,

Helen.
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2005, 06:01 PM
If the dog is neutered, there should be no puppies, if they have actually mated then the female may have a phantom pregnancy, she may even adopt things like slippers as her pups. If by some miracle she is pregnant, then the gestation period is 63days, give or take a day, to put your mind completely at rest you could have her scanned at the vets.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 06:22 PM
I agree with HD, dogs some breeders put a neutered dog in with bitches, if they are maidens and the male is an experienced dog, so that they mate with a dog they know, without the complications of a pregnancy, so yes they can mate but no puppies will come of it, she is probably having a phantom.

MO
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 06:35 PM
agree with above..........IF he has been done all should be fine