View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Goldendoodle
New Member!
Female 

23-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Standard Poodle Cross. She's definately going to be quite large!!! All this careful exercise thing does worry me though as she tends to do most leaping around of her own accord and is very difficult to stop. She's into everything. I have taken her for walks in the countryside off lead and she gallops everwhere, never looking tired. Obviously this is too much for her by the sounds of it and I will have to limit the length of walks.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Goldendoodle View Post
Standard Poodle Cross. She's definately going to be quite large!!! All this careful exercise thing does worry me though as she tends to do most leaping around of her own accord and is very difficult to stop. She's into everything. I have taken her for walks in the countryside off lead and she gallops everwhere, never looking tired. Obviously this is too much for her by the sounds of it and I will have to limit the length of walks.
As long as she's not bounding around for hours, or on lead walking for more than about 10 mins at a time, it should be fine. If you took her to the park and let her have a mad 20 mins off lead, then did a nice, slow walk back, that would be fine. The 5 mins/per month enforced/formal walking rule is a good rule to work by.

I always let my boys play (almost) as much as they wanted in the garden/house; as when they were tired, they'd just flop!

Even now, at 2 and 3, when we're on the beach I'll know when they've had enough, as they'll just come and lie down; so we'll do a nice easy slow walk back home to cool down.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2