View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Hi Calm after the storm,beautiful pictures,when I went there they had palm trees and my late dad took me to see a young hopeful he cracked a few gags and then he sang,such a beautiful voice, I m talking about Les Dennis,have never heard him sing since.Gemini54
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi Calm after the storm,beautiful pictures,when I went there they had palm trees and my late dad took me to see a young hopeful he cracked a few gags and then he sang,such a beautiful voice, I m talking about Les Dennis,have never heard him sing since.Gemini54
We still have many palm trees. One has caused a lot of controversy as it cost £7,000
Les Dennis performed a lot in Torbay with his partner Dustin Gee. Recently he has been in "High School the Musical" "Hairspray" and "Legally Blonde the Musical" so I guess he does still sing.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
No idea how old you are Gemini but if you saw Les Dennis when he was a YOUNG hopeful it must have been around 40 years or more ago! I think he is around 60 yrs old now and made his professional debut on Opportunity Knocks back in 1971.

As a former 'Torbay Resident' yes he did still sing and perform when I lived there and, as Nippy said - has continued to have a career in performing.

Put his name into Google and you can get a variety of sites giving you his full biography and career history.

I believe he is currently appearing (and singing) in the London's Playhouse Theatre in Python's Spamalot.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3