View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 12:08 AM
I want to get something absolutely straight - are you defending Mugabe?

Originally Posted by Graeme
And the Western World any better?
I've never said we are, but we certainly don't have to put up with that sort of leadership (I know Blair is bad but not that bad! )

As least with Mugabe, what he says is what you get and he does it in his own country
Does that make what he does right?
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
I want to get something absolutely straight - are you defending Mugabe?
No. Not at all. As I have said I am against what is happening in Zimbabwe. I do question whose responsibility this is. We put Mugabe in the position he's in after all, so it's as much our fault as anyones.

I've never said we are, but we certainly don't have to put up with that sort of leadership (I know Blair is bad but not that bad! )
I think we should at least try to lead by example. We can hardly criticise abductions in Zimbabwe if we are doing the same?

Does that make what he does right?
No, but our and the American laws give us basic rights when faced with a crime. To export people to countries so that we do not have to give them the same rights we give our own citizens, or the rights they would get in their own country is very wrong in my opinion.

Graeme
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 12:37 AM
I think we should at least try to lead by example. We can hardly criticise abductions in Zimbabwe if we are doing the same?
I agree, if that's the case, but I never brought abductions into this. If European countries are doing this then shame on them.
Here are few of the thoughts of Mugabes

Things I fight against:

Farmers (white)
Mrs. Mugabe
Tony Blair
Media not controlled
Foreigners in general
Homosexuals
Swiss Bank Tellers

Things I don't give a damn about:

Commonwealth
Quiet diplomacy
The economy
What you think

And something to show he really doesn't give a damn about his people or the economy.

"When Mugabe became prime minister, approximately 70% of the country's arable land was owned by approximately 4,000 descendants of white settlers. However, he reassured white landowners that they had nothing to fear from black majority rule. Mugabe favoured a "willing buyer, willing seller" plan for gradual redistribution of land but little was done in his early years in power. However, in 1999 and 2000 Mugabe used force to transfer land ownership from whites to blacks.

Since land redistribution, Zimbabwe has transformed from being an exporter of food to a nation where shortages are rampant and five million people need food aid. In November 2004 he approved the "Obesity Tourism Strategy" which aims to attract obese tourists to work on lands seized from white farmers."

I'm sorry but regardless of the blame this man is seriously unhinged and does not give a damn about anyone but himself.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3