Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
klr4589
New Member!
Female 

27-02-2013, 07:08 PM

Training Issues - 2yo Maltipoo!

My 2-year-old maltipoo will not poop outside. She's been pad trained since I got her, and still uses it. She'll go outside, go #1, run back in and go directly to her pee pad to poop. I have no clue what to do! When there's snow on the ground, she'll poop without fail. Is this because it's white like her pad?

Also, she pees very, very often. I'm thinking it might be because she knows her pad is there so it's kind of a security thing. I'm talking every 90-minutes. I take her out every 3 hours and she rarely makes it that long without peeing (unless she's in her crate). I know I should've looked into this when she was a pup, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Try taking the pad outside with you. Put it on the ground where she can see it and close to the house. If she uses it, reward her immediately with the best thing you can come up with! Then start weaning it out by putting some newspaper on it (but the pad is still visible). Do that until she is ready to just do her business on the newspaper alone and start making that smaller until it's gone. Every time she does her business outside of the house, reward her. That's how it worked for us
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Sounds like she's going where she was trained to go.
What happens if you take the pad away?
or place it outside?