Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2015, 09:10 PM

Blackpool Champ Show (with pics)

I just wanted to thank those on my previous thread 'Water Sprays and first time tips' for all their help and advice.

I met up and stayed with Mr Sparkles breeder to learn the ropes, it was far more confusing than I had anticipated.

The water spray as she used it was just a small amount sprayed onto her hands and then just rubbed onto the coat to help to keep the guard hairs up but I didn't put any on Mr Sparkles. She re-trimmed his ears for me as I had apparently left too much fur making them look bigger than nessisary and the breeder who showed me how to cut him a few weeks back told me I could do with making sure his back paws are trimmed a little shorter next time but all in all thought I'd done an ok job.

Anyway to get to the best part - we got placed!! Mr Sparkles got 4th place (in a class of 6) beating his litter brother who got VHC.

Random question: why do they refer to it as 'Reserve' and not 4th even though it say's 4th on the certificate?

Anyway a few piccy's of the wee man on the day:

With his litter brother:
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Many congratulations, that is wonderful your first time out
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Well Done Mr Sparkles He's gorgeous
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2015, 10:55 PM
So pleased that you enjoyed your day - the Reserve card was a bonus, and a good result for a first time puppy and owner.
The reason it is called a Reserve is because KC records are only really interested in the first three places. However, if any of those first three placed dogs gets disqualified for any reason, the other dogs move up by one place, and the Reserve then becomes Third.
Are you going to try again?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 05:29 AM
Oh well done Mr Spakles and you. We have a Pomeranian at training. She is a little pickle. Can I ask what you feed him on and how much in quantity? Thanks hope you don't mind me asking.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys, we are really pleased.

Thanks for explaining that Carole, yes we plan to do Leeds Champ Show in a few weeks.

Brenda I don't mind you asking at all. He is not fed a branded food, my local pet shop do their own food which they have made at the Eukanuba factory. Its high meat content (60%) of which most is freshly prepared, its also grain free. I would say its in line with the likes of lilly's kitchen only a fraction of the price at £8.74 for 2kg (or it might be 2.5kg don't have it to hand right now). He has been getting 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and evening), I don't measure it out but I give a handful each meal. He has gone a little bit ribby this last couple of weeks and my breeder has said to cut it down to 2 meals now so that would be a handful and a half per meal but like I say hes a little ribby so I am going to try upping this to 2 handfuls per meal, 2 meals a day (4 handfuls overall, which will be 1 more than he has been getting) and see how that goes.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 09:26 AM
Ah so you don't weigh it? Not a lover of Eukunuba or Iams as they test or at least used to test on animals. Pleased that you are doing well. Good luck at Leeds champ show.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Brenda, I've just weighed several different handfuls, its approximately 33g per handful give or take a gram or two so he's been having approximately 99g a day and if he eats all the extra I will be giving him he will be on roughly 132g. Hope thats a little more helpful.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Yes thankyou I can now check to see what our owner is feeding her little one.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2015, 12:01 AM
Congratulations. Nor sure I could deal with all the trimming/grooming and what not be he looks really cute and hope you continue to do well with him.

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Ah so you don't weigh it? Not a lover of Eukunuba or Iams as they test or at least used to test on animals. Pleased that you are doing well. Good luck at Leeds champ show.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but it's dog food I would sure hope it's animal tested.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >