Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2017, 10:23 AM

Profibre

Pepsi's course of Erythromycin has seemed to do some good as far as the Campylobacter is concerned.

I was speaking to the vet re her dicky tummy, which has been an ongoing thing, and asked about probiotics.

She has suggested Profibre. Has anyone had any dealings with this product. It contains fibre to bulk the stools and probiotics to boost the natural gut flora.

Before I order any, just thought I would ask for others experiences.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Nippy I have some probiotic past here. Needs using before the end of the year. Can I send you a tube. Don't want anything for it just needs using up before the use by date. Its called Logic and runs out in December. Email me your address if you would like some Let me know and I will put my email address.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Not the same condition but Eddie has suffered from ulcerative colitis and recurrent bowel tumours since 2013. I always use a probiotic on his breakfast, (watered down plain yoghurt and bran flakes), and also add psyllium husk to the watery yoghurt mix, to bulk his stool and make it easier to pass. I have used various brands of probiotic, Fortiflora, Protexin and Lintbells, but I think Protexin is the most economical. I get my psyllium husk from Healthspan, where they call it Easyfibre Cleanse.
I have looked up Profibre and it seems to be very similar to the two ingredients I am using. As it is listed at just over £12 for a 500g tub, I think I might try changing to it.
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2017, 03:40 PM
One of mine suffered from anal gland problem and profibre sorted that out for her.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Brenda that is very kind of you. At the moment I am still deliberating. We are going back to the vet on Friday.
Thanks for the positive feedback. Good to know.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2017, 01:01 PM
i have used profibre for the cat and pro soluble too, both are good products, the vet has now begun using a product called fibor...we have had excellent results with that...without too much detail he now goes every other day (i am very pleased about that Lol)
Not sure if it would be suitable for Pepsi but what about live goats yoghurt? always give to mine after an upset tum or course of antibiotics, you can get it in most supermarkets now
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2017, 10:17 AM
I have ordered the Profibre from the vet. The price was the same as on Amazon. So I shall be interested to see how she goes.
Thanks once again for your offer Brenda but my silly old husband never accepts help
Griff I always gave Mo my late Greyhound X goats yogurt. More easily tolerated than cows yogurt. This was why I asked the vet. I will go with the Profibre for now.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Not to worry Nippy. I will find someone else that might like it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2017, 03:57 PM
An update for you all.Following her course of Erythromycin and the Profibre, Pepsi is a totally different dog.

She sleeps all night now without having to rush outside (which means we do too!)

She has more life in the day, enjoys her walks more and her runs around the garden.

Her coat looks thicker and glossier and her breath is definitely more pleasant!

So there we are, antibiotics and Profibre, either/or has put the Pep back in Pepsi
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Glad to hear that she is so much better.