register for free

Dog News

Barking and Dagenham plans to tackle dog mess problem via DNA

By asking you to voluntarily register your dog's DNA. Wonder which smart Alec thought this would work

A council in East London has become the first to use DNA testing to try to track down dog owners who do not clean up after their pets.
Video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35379706

Your comments and views:
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2016, 03:08 PM
I don't understand how this will work. Surely it can only prove which dogs DIDN'T leave a deposit?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

22-01-2016, 03:43 PM
It can prove which dog the poo belongs too... but only if the dog has been registered. But who is going to willingly do that?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2016, 03:56 PM
As I always pick up it wouldn't bother me to register. Its often crossed my mind actually because there is a guy who lets his dog out of the back door straight onto the field, half the time he's not even with it, and it poo's everywhere, I have reported him to the council umpteen times, took a piccie once, but the dog had moved!!! So it could be proved it was his dog
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2016, 05:01 PM
It would only work if there was compulsory registration.

Running a scheme with voluntary registration will only attract the responsible owners who will pick up anyway

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top