Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2024, 05:51 AM

Wednesday 1st May 2024

Morning all. Yep the sun is up and so am I so off for an early wander today after I have had brekkie. I suppose hairdressers have to pay an increase in all sorts to be where they are to do their hairdressing. I just think if they come to you then they shouldn't up their prices to much although I suppose if they come from afar and by car then yep the price goes up. Hey ho such is life as they say. I am still wondering who they are? Have a good day everyone. (did you notice the rhyming bit?)
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2024, 08:11 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Enjoy your walk in the sun

Lovely here too. Teazle walked and chicken wraps made for lunch as I have to take Barry to the dentist at 11.45 so not leaving me much time to eat and get out this afternoon. My hairdresser started at £25 ten years ago and I now have to pay £36 so only go every 9 weeks (wish it would last longer). Both Ben and I are recovering from sore throats, headaches and for me a tickly cough. Still I am a lot better today so on the road to being normal again

Take care everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2024, 09:20 AM
Good morning to you all.

Its not a bad day here and Iam off to work shortly. Just enjoying a couple slices fruit bread toasted with jam and a cup of coffee. While saying "Hello" to all of you.

Brenda Enjoy you walk, hope you enjoyed your brekkie with Margaret be over today as its Wednesday?

Sue Lots of little lurgy things doing the roundsI think glad you are feeling better. Chicken wrap sounds very nice.

To you all catch you later after work.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2024, 10:31 AM
I never know if Margaret is coming until she is on the bus? Walk was lovely but the sun has disappeared. Hope you get better soon Sue and Ben.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2024, 11:34 AM
Afternoon everyone.
We are in Yorkshire. Pam went off yesterday till Friday to visit her daughter and Grandchildren.
Dessa and Vonny are being very good especially Dessa who needs a nasty wound on her leg redressed every evening and lots of medication now she is a grand old lady of 12.5.
Vonny was unsettled last night but they have both endured so much with the loss of Pete and now Pam has disappeared for a few days.
It is lovely to be with them and we feel honoured to be trusted with them again especially now Dessa needs a lot of extra care.
We arrived Saturday afternoon, lunch out Sunday and the woods where we used to go with Pete and Brigg very poignant for us all.
Yesterday was a restful day and Gorden took Vonny for a walk, today we will possibly both go and Dessa will stay home, she is ok with that for a short while.

The weather has cheered up it was dreadful Sunday raining and Monday was dry but very windy and cold.

Hard day Sunday Brewster and his siblings were one. Also Michael our youngest celebrated his 39th Birthday.
I picked up on a Happy Birthday post by his breeder his name has been changed to Bruce.

Yesterday was lovely and today overcast but warmer.

I pay £27 for a wash. cut and blow dry. In Harlow and that's going back a few years I have known to pay £30 for a very good haircut.

Sue hope you get your lunch.
brenda I hope Margaret makes it over.
griff that knee indeed won't get better without rest.
Chris I hope the weather is warm and Ted is not to stressed by the builders today.
Kazz enjoy your day.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-05-2024, 01:44 PM
Sue could get her hair done more often but the postal service is not that regular.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2024, 04:39 PM
Good afternoon all

Niceish morning again but quite a bit of sea fret. Beautiful this afternoon though.

Waiting for our Tesco delivery. Should be sometime in the next one and a half hours

Builders are no more (for now) thank heavens so Ted is much calmer. I think it's safe to say that no one will ever break in without our knowing about it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2024, 06:30 PM
Good evening all
I have had a fringe cut in today for the price of.............£6 and that was in the city centre.... bargain!
Sue, sorry you have been poorly and I do hope Barry got on o.k at the dentist
Chris, I miss the sea but not the crowds lol
Lynn, how lovely that your friend trusts you with her dogs, tbh, I don't have anyone I can trust really. I left them with my dad Monday and they were o.k when I came back
Brenda, I hope Margaret made it over and you had a good natter, shame you don't live nearer me or on a direct link.
As I say, had a fringe put in, rang the drs this morning and got an appointment with the advanced nurse practitioner , I have 2 more lots of cream to try.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2024, 09:29 PM
The only time it gets really busy in the village Kelly is when it's the music festival weekend or the carnival weekend

It does get a bit busier in the afternoons during the main season, but we go out mornings so unless we go back, we miss it

We actually had the dog warden pay the village a visit today. It's surprising how many who usually walk their dogs off lead on the prom suddenly had their dogs on lead. Just goes to show how folk know the rules, but choose to ignore them