Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BentleyBoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2012, 11:36 AM

Too many supplements?

Hi, me again! I just wanted to run something by you guys...

At beginning of year we moved into my boyfriends house.. which is rented, and Bentleys pee is starting to really burn the lawn badly and we're worried that the landland is going to kick up about it...

My bf is only allowed dogs in the house under really strict terms... he already had his dog when we moved in and the landlord kindly agreed to allowing Bentley when we moved in.. but we have inspections every three months. We both take our dogs to work with us so dogs are never left alone really in the house... and they dont damage anything.. but Bentleys pee killing lawn might be a big issue!!!! (my boyfriends dog doesnt do it!!)

So anyway getting to the point!! Ive been told to give apple cider vinegar to Bentley to stop this.. I've bort a bottle of Aspals unpasteurised (told this was what I needed) cider vinegar and have been giving him a 1/2 capful daily for past week..

Only really dawned on me last night tho when doing Bentleys dinner and putting all the extra bits in it how many supplements he is actually getting now.. everyday he has..

1 viacutan plus capsule
1/2 dorwest glucosamine/chroditin (sp!) tablet
1ml billy no mates liquid
and now 1/2 capful apple cider vinegar

He eats a mix of JWB turkey & rice and Arden grange sensitive dried food

I no over supplementation can be harmful!!! do you think it's excessive/dangerous what he is having???

Thanksxxx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 11:50 AM
You cannot really OD on the glucosamine and chondroitin or ACV, no idea what is in BNM
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 12:12 PM
As an aside, with a bit of persistence, it's fairly easy to train your dog to toilet in one area of the garden. I did this when my dog was also killing off the lawn. Maybe its something to consider?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Aw poor Bentley, how come he's getting all the blame does the other dog not wee Thought it was the girls who burned the grass as the get so low to the ground it is more concentrated in one area, if the landlord has a problem could you just agree to have a new lawn laid when you move out? the vet sells rocks for their water to neutralise their wee but dunno if they work or are ok to use???
BentleyBoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
You cannot really OD on the glucosamine and chondroitin or ACV, no idea what is in BNM
Thanks, quoted from the CsJ website ''The aromatic combination of mint, seaweed, fenugreek, neem leaves and lemon balm'' Its not so much I was worried about overdosing on something in particular, I was just worried it was too much for his system and I know too much of a good thing can be bad.

Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
As an aside, with a bit of persistence, it's fairly easy to train your dog to toilet in one area of the garden. I did this when my dog was also killing off the lawn. Maybe its something to consider?
Its funny you should say this actually because from when Bentley was 8weeks to 5 years we lived with my parents and in there garden we had a little area made from bark where he was trained to go. Then we moved into our own place and that was a studio flat so Bentley went for all his toilet on walks and now obv we living with my boyfriend and he has a garden... am deffo going to try to re-teach him to use one spot.. hopefully it'll jog his memory if I get some bark lol. Thanks..

Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Aw poor Bentley, how come he's getting all the blame does the other dog not wee Thought it was the girls who burned the grass as the get so low to the ground it is more concentrated in one area, if the landlord has a problem could you just agree to have a new lawn laid when you move out? the vet sells rocks for their water to neutralise their wee but dunno if they work or are ok to use???
Well there weren't any lawn burns when we moved in and now there are loads... and my boyfriends dog been there with him for four years.. lol so yeah when we move in and suddenly there loads everywhere the finger is being pointed at Bentley lol!!

I saw the Dog rocks when I was at the vets last.. was a bit worried because Bentley and my boyfriends dog share a waterbowl and didnt no whether it was safe for his dog to have whatever is in them when her wee isn't the problem Might look into it more tho. Thanks