Female 

09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your mum , i hope she

big hugs to you xxdk
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Again thanks to all for your good wishes. I am off to bed right now and hope to get some sleep. I wil post tomorrow and update.

thanks guys x
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hear about you're mum, hope you're all in for better news soon and she rcovers quickly.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Is there any news on your mum today??? Hope she's coping alright and isn't in too much pain. Your poor dad too, I bet he's going through it. Still thinking of you anyway.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 06:03 PM
omg how awful, your poor Mum, I hope she is ok and please let us know of her progress x
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your mum's accident. You are all in my thoughts right now, God Bless - Karen
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi guys,

Just back from visit and I have to say she was a LOT better than I expected. I have been freaking out all day about her ending up paralysed etc etc.

It is a T12 fracture (don't know if I said that already) and her muscles have gone into spasm to try to protect the damaged bit but she was concious (if a little dopey) and has eaten today though was sick afetr lunch...but has had some tea.

They are giving her to drugs Intravenously Morphine and something like Cytoprizin (or something similar) and also diazepam and oramorphine.

They have done all the nerve tests and they all seem to show no real nerve damage though she does have pins and needles (but with spinal injuries doc says thats good as there is "feeling") The physio will see her tomorrow as they need to start her being gradually mobile (just now she cant go to loo or anything) but the physiotherapy itself will only take place when they have her painkillers working properly.

But all in all it is far better news than I hoped for. They are lucky in that mum and dad stay in a bungalow and dad is still fit and healthy so able to look after her when she does get out.

I don't think I slept at all last night but hope to tonight as at least the worst case scenario now seems unlikely

Thank you all so very much for your concern thoughts and wishes. It has really meant so much just to "talk" to people who I don't know (although I feel I know some of you) I can type and be upset without others seeing me upset and they worrying.

So thanks again to everyone xxx
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 09:42 AM
how is your Mum today, we are thinking of you all x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Just phoned hospital and she has had a reasonable night and the physiotherapist going to speak to her later to talk about mobilisation, in very little ways eg foot exercises etc to keep blood flowing and to gain her confidence :smt001
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Awwwww bless you, you must be feeling quite relieved after having seen her now. She'll be on the mend before you know it, so try not to worry too much, don't stress yourself out with your problems, you don't need any stress! Take care, glad things are better than you expected.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >