View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 05:37 PM
So sorry to hear about your mum, wishing her better soon!

Sending loads of hugs to you and your family xoxoxoxoxox
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 05:42 PM
how awful for you and your family best wishes to your mum and wishing her good luck with the tests.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Thanks everyone

Sheree, I am not really sure about the operation bit either but have asked dad to check as I think they said that they treat it with mobilisation and painkillers and a brace to prevent the fracture from causing any nerve damage, and they cant operate (or at least they dont routinely operate) due to a high risk of damage to the nerves and then possible paralysis.

Thats part of the tests they have carried out aswell to see if there has already been any damage done when she was writhing in agony waiting on ambulance

Its just a shock, I mean I am 33 and I just havn't grasped the fact that my parents are NOT invincible

Thanks for everyones wishes its so kind of you all
Thanks for letting me know, I've got everything crossed that they won't need to operate and can get her healed with other methods xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 06:12 PM
What a terrible shock for you, your poor Mum. I don't think they operate on back injuries unless it's absolutely essential, because it's such an intricate operation what with our whole nervous system going through the spine, it's a tricky op at the best of times. I'm hoping with the treatment they'll give her it will right itself if she does what they tell her - that's most important! If she's anything like my Mum she'll do as she pleases, so you must stress to her to do exactly what they tell her, even if it means lying in bed for weeks on end!!! Your dad will be able to get some help in for her, and if you need any help on this one I might be able to help you out after what I've been through with my old Mum!

Hope you're a bit calmer now, there's nothing you can do, so don't worry, they'll take good care of her and she has your dad at hand. Hope things improve for her and she's not in too much pain, it must be truly awful to have pain like she must have, no wonder they've given her morphine, bless her.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news about your mum,wishing for a speedy recovery and not too much pain in the meantime.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your mum sending lots of hugs and hope she feels better soon
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks again everyone.

Will know more tomorrow. I am away to have large glass of wine and try to chill out a bit knowing that I am sure the hospital will do all they can
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 08:13 PM
OMG Lynne! Just read this - hope mum is going to be ok. Gentle hugs xox
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Awful news, all the best to you all as it really takes it out of you with the worry etc, lots of love and hugs to your Mum, a brave lady, take care all xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
So sorry to hear about your poor mum. Hope she recovers quickly. xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >